FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Chocolate candy bark
What You’ll Need:
8 oz. chocolate (pick your fave: dark, milk or white)
Assorted candies, nuts or dried fruit
Gallon-sized plastic bag
Parchment paper-lined baking tray (plastic wrap or wax paper works, too)
Access to a refrigerator
What You’ll Do:
1. Pick out some complimentary candies—Butterfingers and M&Ms? Yum!—and take them out of their wrappers. Toss ‘em into a plastic bag, squeeze out all the air and seal. Then take it outside (or over a cutting board if Mom says it’s OK) and crush the candy into small pieces using a hammer.
2. Melt your chocolate of choice in a nonstick saucepan or a double boiler (heatproof glass bowl over a pot of boiling water). Stir occasionally.
3. Once the chocolate is melted, pour your candy (plus nuts and dried fruit if you like) in with the chocolate and combine.
4. Pour the mixture over the parchment paper-lined baking tray. Use a spatula to spread it evenly and push it into the corners. Aim for ¼-inch thickness.
5. Place the tray into the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens, which will probably take an hour or two. Cut it into squares and perform a taste test. Delish!