FAB UP YOUR LIFE
The sweetest last-minute gift to give this Mother's Day
Mother's Day is literally hours away and if you haven't gotten your mom a gift yet, we've got the perfect solution.
Instead of worrying about spending money, do something for her that she'll enjoy way more than a store bought gift. Making your mom something special is nice, so why not bake her dozens of cute cookies for her to munch on? Or, better yet, surprise her with ingredients and a recipe to make together.
For this Mother's Day, we found the most adorable recipe that you just have to make. Who could resist these pretty pink cookies speckled with sprinkles? It's time to unleash your inner pastry chef with this crinkle cookie recipe that will have mom begging you for more every weekend.
Strawberry Crinkle Cookies
What you'll need: 1 box strawberry cake mix (any brand) • 1 8-oz tub of whipped topping (thawed) • 1 egg • powdered sugar for rolling cookies • decorative sprinkles
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease the baking sheets and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, slightly beat the egg, then add the cake mix and whipped topping.
4. Mix ingredients well, and roll small portions into powdered sugar until they're well coated.
5. Place cookies on greased baking sheets about one inch apart and add sprinkles.
6. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are firm but not brown.
7. Let cool, and enjoy
Easy, right? Making cookies is also super cheap and really fun. Make sure you wrap up the cookies in cute paper and leave your mom a special note as an extra treat!
What do you make for mom on Mother's Day?
Photo and recipe credit: Meatloaf and Melodrama