MAKE IT CUTE
#TooSweetTuesday: Pan-fried cinnamon bananas
It's sad day when your bananas become overripe and a little, well, yucky. It feels bad having to throw them out. But what if we told you there was an alternative that'll make you go bananas?
Dizzy, Busy and Hungry came up with this recipe that will settle some crazy cravings, so take your browning bananas and get ready to stir things up a little. We're going to let these bad boys fry.
All you need are a few spices, some olive oil and of course a couple of bananas. The best part? This recipe is easy and also healthy. Have them after school for a midday snack or throw them in the pan before watching some Netflix. Need we say more?
What you'll need: two overripe bananas • 1 tsp cinnamon • 1/4 tsp nutmeg • 2 tbsp sugar • olive oil spray
1. Slice the bananas into rounds, approximately 1/3 inch thick.
2. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. Spray a large skillet with olive oil spray. Warm over medium heat.
4. Add the banana rounds and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
5. During the last minute of cooking, sprinkle about ½ of the cinnamon mixture over the banana rounds.
6. Flip the rounds, sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon mixture and cook for 2-3 more minutes or until the bananas are soft and warmed through.
Delicious, right? Let us know what you think in the comments.