MAKE IT CUTE
These adorable macarons will steal your heart
This Valentine’s Day season, we’re putting *you* up to the challenge to make these deliciously sweet macarons. They are the perfect V-Day gifts to share with your friends and fam and are as pretty as they are tasty. So wash your hands, grab your apron and hit the kitchen.
- 60g of egg whites, room temperature
- 65g granulated sugar
- 75g almond powder
- 55g powdered sugar
- Pink color gel
For cinnamon buttercream:
- 1/4 recipe Simple Vanilla Buttercream
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the almond powder and icing sugar in a food processor. Process until just beginning to clump.
3. Sift well and discard any bits that won't pass through the sifter. Set aside.
4. Whip the egg whites until they're the consistency of a loose foam. Continue whipping while slowly adding sugar. Whip to a stiff meringue.
5. Fold the dry mixture into the meringue. Add in color gel at this point.
6. Pour the batter into a piping bag fitted with the 2A tip.
7. Pipe the macarons onto your baking sheet (heart shaped ofc!).
8. When all your macarons are piped, whack the baking sheet on the counter at least three times to get rid of any air bubbles.
9. Let the macarons dry at room temperature until dry to the touch (about one hour). DO NOT skip this step.
10. While macarons are drying, make the buttercream following the directions on the site.
11. Once dry, bake macarons in a 300°F oven until they stick a little bit to the pans. This can be anywhere from 10-20 mins depending on your oven and how crowded the macarons are on the pan.
12. Let cookies cool completely before removing from pans.
13. Pipe buttercream into the center, sandwich the cookies and press together.
Who will you gift these adorable & tasty macarons to? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe credit: Liv For Cake.