FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Taste the rainbow with these colorful cookies
No, cookies won't solve all of your problems...but this colorful mix of Oreos, sprinkles, cake batterand *more* is bound solve at least one of them. These are called Cake Batter Golden Oreo Cookies, and they are *amazing*. Follow the recipe below for a delicious dessert!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening (use butter if you don't have any)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup cake mix (DIY it and freeze the rest)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 12 Golden Oreos (broken into pieces)
1. Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, shortening, brown and granulated sugars and the egg. Add in the vanilla extract and mix until combined. Add baking soda and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cake mix and cornstarch. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture one cup at a time and continually stir until everything is incorporated. Use a spatula to stir in Oreos and sprinkles.
3. Use an ice cream or cookie scoop to place cookies onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover the sheet with plastic and put it in the fridge for an hour.
4. Before taking the cookies out of the fridge, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Take the plastic wrap off the baking sheet and place cookies in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!
What do you think of this recipe? Have you ever tried cake batter cookies? Share your baking experiences with us in the comments!
Recipe credit: Deliciously Yum.