MAKE IT CUTE
These snack bites will *actually* keep you awake through last period
For the girl on the go, fitting in a snack between fourth period, history club and lacrosse practice is a must. With tempting vending machines filled with Skittles and Doritos at every corner, it can be difficult to make healthy choices (that keep you full) when your stomach starts growling around 3 p.m. But with a little initiative and pre-planning you can make your own healthy snack that will not only carry you over until dinner but also give you a mega boost of energy.
Peanut butter and chocolate no-bake energy bites
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (raw)
- 2/3 cup toasted, sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup ground golden flaxseed meal
- 6 tbsp chocolate chips
1. In a mixing bowl, stir together peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. Add in remaining ingredients and stir until evenly coated.
2. Transfer mixture to refrigerator or freezer and chill until set.
3. Remove from refrigerator and shape into 1-inch balls. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
What's your go-to snack to keep you energized throughout the day? Share it with us in the comments!
Like this? You'll love these, too...
+ 8 signs your crush is actually bae
+ 10 things *every* beauty queen needs in her room
+ Have you tried Kendall Jenner's ab workout yet?
Recipe credit: Cooking Classy.