MAKE IT CUTE
This mix-and-match chocolate bark is the recipe you *need* this winter
Chocolate is delish in *any* season—s'mores in the summer, M&Ms by the pound in Halloween and hot chocolate in the winter.
This holiday season, mix up your chocolate consumption with a new recipe: mix and match chocolate bark!
This *super* easy recipe makes for a perfect gift...or for a late night snack during the yearly viewing of Elf.
To make this, you will need:
- Wax paper
- 1 11-12 oz bag of white, dark, milk or semi sweet chocolate chips (your choice!)
- 1 tbs vegetable shortening or vegetable oil
- Toppings! See below for combination ideas, but can be anything you want.
- Line a cookie sheet (10x15-inch) with wax paper
- Place and heat chocolate chips in bowl (microwave safe) and combine with shortening or oil. Heat the chips on 50% power in increments of 30 seconds, stirring each time in between, until they are melted.
- Evenly spread the melted chocolate on the cookie sheet, and sprinkle on toppings. Chill, then break into pieces. Store in container in refrigerator; will be good up to two weeks
Peppermint White Chocolate Bark: Sprinkle chopped peppermint or mini candy canes over white chocolate chip base
Salty Sweet Bark: Sprinkle chopped pretzels and caramels over milk or semi sweet chocolate chip base
Milk and Cookies Bark: Sprinkle chopped Oreos over white or milk chocolate chip base
Almond Crunch Bark: Sprinkle almonds and toffee bits over dark chocolate chip base
S'mores Bark: Sprinkle graham cracker pieces and mini marshmallows over milk chocolate base
Leftover Halloween Candy Bark: Sprinkle chopped M&Ms, Reese's Cups and Snickers over milk or semi sweet chocolate chip base
Everything but the Kitchen Sink Bark: Sprinkle a little bit of *everything* over the base of your choosing
Use these combos or try your own—go crazy!
Which combination are you going to try? Let us know @girlslifemag
Original recipe from Crazy for Crust
GIFs via GIPHY