Mountain Dew: A toxic don't?
In addition to its use in 10-percent of popular sodas in the U.S., the chemical is also used by manufacturers as a flame retardant in furniture cushions. Yum, right? BVO is banned in Europe and Japan, but for some unknown reason, the American FDA thinks this chemical is totally safe for consumption.
However, a recent study suggests that ingestion of BVO can cause skin lesions, memory loss, severe stomach problems and nerve disorders. And scientists don’t think it’s too far-fetched to assert that many folks, notable Dew-guzzling gamers, are getting toxic levels of BVO daily.