Apple yogurt parfaits are a fall must
Everyone loves desserts. After all, they make any occasion seem so much more special. Imagine birthday parties without cake, Thanksgiving without pie, or the Fourth of July without popsicles. The thought alone is terrifying. Unfortunately, as wonderful as desserts are, most are also extremely unhealthy. So, when trying to eat healthy, many people stop eating dessert. Spoiler alert: You don't actually have to stop! With yogurt parfaits you have a healthy dessert alternative that tastes just as sweet and delicious. Here's how you can make a fab fall inspired parfait.
What you'll need:
A tall, clear glass
A small bowl
1/2 cup of lowfat Greek yogurt
1 small apple
1/3 cup of granola
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Cut the apple into slices. Dice each slice into smaller, pea-sized pieces. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, empty the Greek yogurt. Mix the yogurt with a spoon, making sure the yogurt looks smooth and consistent.
3. Spoon three tablespoons of the Greek yogurt into the glass, smoothing over the surface with a spoon.
4. Sprinkle enough apple pieces into the glass to cover the surface of the yogurt.
5. Add layer of granola on top of the apple pieces.
6. Sprinkle cinnamon over the granola.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 until glass is full. Enjoy!
The best thing about these yogurt parfaits is that you can swap out ingredients as often as you like. It's always nice to use in-season fruit when it's available. Try using apples in the fall and blueberries or strawberries in the summer. You can also substitute granola for a healthy cereal or oatmeal.
What's your favorite yogurt parfait combo? Comment below and let us know!
Photo credit: Two Saucy Sisters