25 lessons we've learned from our celeb besties
While celebs may not have all of the answers, they sure can teach us a lot. What better way to celebrate 25 years of Girls' Life than to look at 25 words of wisdom from some of our faves?!
1. Jojo Siwa: "Money can’t buy happiness"
“My bank account does not matter to me. It does not matter if I have a billion dollars or if I have two dollars. If I am happy and I love what I’m doing, that’s what matters to me.”
Jojo is right. Money can’t buy happiness (but it sure can buy hair bows!).
2. Keke Palmer: "Embrace yourself"
“Your imperfections make you beautiful. It's those things you don't like, that someone else finds very special and very unique about you. You just accept it and own it; even if it's not one of your favorite parts, you just own it because that's who you are."
3. Emma Watson: "It’s all about the ride"
"It's so cheesy to say this, but it's the journey, not the end goal, that's important."
4. Bella Thorne: "Be confident in your decisions"
"It needs to be the most special, beautiful thing that ever happened. It should be a decision you feel right about. If you don't feel 100 percent about it, then it shouldn't happen. It has to be something you want with your whole heart."
5. Zendaya: "Be you"
“If there is any definition to perfect, you’re perfect at being yourself."
6. Jack Johnson: "You can do anything you put your mind to"
“I can’t stand seeing people give up, everyone has endless potential!”
7. Anna Cathcart: "Be you and don’t let people tell you otherwise"
“Stay true to yourself,” Anna says as she wears glasses on the red carpet after being told she shouldn’t.
8. Bethany Mota: "Compliment yourself"
“I like to focus on the things I may not see as perfect. Those are what I really like to admire about myself and learn to genuinely love and appreciate.”
Fun fact: Bethany used to hate her dimples because they were different, but now she has learned to love them!
9. Demi Lovato: "Work hard to be rewarded"
“If you don’t work hard, you don’t see results”
10. Lauren Orlando: "Be genuine"
“Post the things you love and share content that feels natural to you.”
11. Emma Stone: "Love yourself and then spread the love"
“My great hope for us as young women is to start being kinder to ourselves so that we can be kinder to each other.”
12. Kendall Jenner: "Don’t let acne hold you back"
While there are much bigger problems happening in the world, suffering from acne for me was debilitating. It’s something that I’ve dealt with since I was a young teen and has caused me to feel anxious, helpless and insecure. As humans, I don’t think we share our insecurities enough because we live in a time where being “perfect” is the standard. We curate our life online and pick the pretty moments to post. I’d like to show a younger generation that not everything is perfect. Being insecure about my acne gave me thick skin but I wouldn’t ever wish that feeling upon anyone so after trying countless options, I found something that has been helpful in maintaining clear skin for me. It’s been a long journey but I’m excited for where my skin is now. I didn’t think I’d see the day where I would feel confident posting a makeup free picture. My goal is to open up a dialogue around skin positivity. ❤️
“I’m not gonna let something so little (and big) as acne stop me—you just have to live your life and not pay attention to it.”
13. Ariana Grande: "Embrace uniqueness"
“Celebrate yourself. Celebrate others. The things that make us different from one another make us beautiful.”
14. Teala Dunn: "Do not let what others think of you control your actions"
“Don’t ever feel the need to prove yourself to anyone to be liked or appreciated.”
15. Miley Cyrus: "It’s easiest to just be you!"
“This is who I am. I think it’s only hard if you’re trying to be something you’re not. Being who you are is really easy.”
16. Selena Gomez: "Your voice matters"
We can all take a note from Selena's advice for her little sister, Gracie: "I will forever let my sister know she is strong, bold and beautiful. She will be raised to know her voice matters. She is going to understand the importance behind being a leader and inspire others by her truth."
17. Eva Gutowski: "Stay positive"
“Laugh it off. Nobody is perfect. [You] don’t want to dwell on the negative.”
18. Lily Chee: "Everything happens for a reason"
“You may not realize it at the time, but it will all work out.”
19. Jet Jurgensmeyer: "If we were all the same, life would be boring"
“We can all have different views and beliefs, that is what keeps things interesting.”
20. Jenna Ortega: "All you have is you"
“Take care of yourself.”
21. Annie Leblanc: "Don’t listen to bullies"
“When I see a mean comment, I just scroll past it.”
22. Maddie Ziegler: "Don’t worry about what others are saying about you"
“Who cares what other people think? They’re just behind their computer screens [taking] their insecurities out on us. I think it’s important to stay yourself and block the haters that are out there."
23. Kira Kosarin: "Wear what you love because YOU love it"
“Don’t worry about what everyone else is wearing. Wear what makes you feel awesome.”
24. Shawn Mendes- Life isn’t perfect
“It makes me so excited to go on tour because I know that it can’t be perfect. That’s not what life is.
25. Harry Styles: "Be open and honest about your feelings"
“Teenage-girl fans don’t lie. If they like you, they’re there. They don’t act ‘too cool.’ They like you, and they tell you. Which is sick.”
What great advice! Hopefully you took away a new mindset form these celebs. Now go out there and be the amazing you that you are! Which celeb quote was your fave?
POSTED IN Advice