13 spooky ways to celebrate Friday the 13th!
You've been hearing it since you were a kid: Friday the 13th is bad luck, right?! Before you run home from school, avoid all open ladders and lock yourself in your room until tomorrow, we have a little secret: Friday the 13th can actually be a total blast! Read on for 13 fun ways to celebrate!
1. Dress in all black. Embrace your inner witch right down to your socks!
2. Go for a "bad luck" run. Like to jog outside? We give you permission to step on *all* the cracks this time!
3. Host a movie marathon. With Halloween right around the corner, Netflix is stocked with everything from Casper to Scream!
4. Give yourself a spooky mani. Need inspo? How about this crazy-cute black cat design?!
5. Finally binge 13 Reasons Why. If you haven't already done it, what are you waiting for?!
6. Whip out the Ouija Board. Don't have one? Stores like Target and Walmart usually have them in stock, so it's not too late to get one for tonight!
7. Head to the pet store to scope out some black cats. These fierce felines get a bad rep on the 13th, so why not go pet one today?
8. Tap into your 13 weirdest traits. Give each of your friends a piece of paper, then you can each write down 13 weird facts about yourselves. Share them aloud and get ready to giggle.
9. Tell ghost stories. No need to go to the bookstore. You can download faves like Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark straight to your device!
10. Watch 13 Going on 30. Not a fan of scary flicks? This super-sweet romcom is the perfect antidote.
11. Research other phobias. The fear of the number 13 is called triskaidekaphobia. Learn all about other common fears here.
12. Munch on a creepy snack. Get the recipe for this treat here.
13. Camp out in your yard. Nothing says "I'm not afraid of anything!" like spending the night in a tent. Ask your parent's permission, invite your girls over and plan for a spooky game of Truth or Dare!
How are you going to celebrate Friday the 13th? Let us know in the comments!