The cutest cake you'll bake this V-Day
Valentine's Day is less than a week away, and as much as we love candies and chocolates, there's somethin' sweet about receiving some totally decked-out baked goods. That's why we're totally gushing over this conversation heart cake––it's cute, easy to make, and sure to start a conversation that SOS. Grab your most adorable apron and get ready to bake your heart out!
- 1 cake mix (and ingredients listed on package)
- 3-4 cups white frosting
- 7 ounces Conversation Hearts
- Pink coloring (or your fave color for the heart)
- Lettering- Red fondant or frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, mix ingredients on package of cake mix.
2. Line baking sheet with non-stick tin foil. Spread cake batter evenly in pan.
3. Bake 18-22 minutes, until golden brown. Then remove form the oven carefully and allow to cool completely.
4. Take cake out of pan. Cut 6 hearts with 5-inch heart cookie cutter. Use smaller cookie cutter to cut the centers out of 4 hearts.
5. Set one full cake on cake board. Spread icing on edges of cakes and stack all 4 cut-out hearts on top of the full heart.
6. Pour Conversation Hearts into the center of the cake.
7. Set full heart cake on top. Mix food color with white frosting. Spread icing over entire cake.
8. For lettering, cut letters out of red fondant or write them on with icing.
Recipe and photos courtesy of: hungryhappenings.com