How To: Get a chic chevron mani
1. After painting on a clear base coat, paint the bottom nail color.
2. Let dry for 30 minutes – even if you're using a fast-drying polish – or the next step will make it look wonkadoodle. The ugly proof:
3. Take two pieces of clear tape and form a V-shape. Make sure there are no air gaps, otherwise there will be unsightly seepage. Paint the middle color.
4. Peel tape promptly for an even look. Let dry for 30 minutes. Remember step 2 if you start getting antsy to start the next step.
5. Repeat steps 3 through 4 with the top color, creating a slightly smaller triangle. OR you can always nix the tape and try painting with a fine paintbrush or nail pen, which is what I used for the black chevron.
6. Cover with a top coat. Voilà!
Stay posted, because I have a special mani in mind for the Super Bowl. Fingers crossed!
Which colors will you rock with this mani? Blog it out, babes.