How ‘bout them Ravens! Baltimore, home to GL HQ, is reeling
after last week’s nail-biting victory. Seriously, my last mani
was reduced to pretty purple flakes by the first overtime. Today’s match-up
against our most bitter rival, the Pats, deserves an avian themed mani, natch.
I picked a herringbone-meets-feather design in a purple/ lavender combo. Not
cheering for Baltimore’s best or any team, for that matter? Subbing in colors
is a cinch. Game on, girlies!
• 2 colors of your choice
• Black nail polish
• Thin paintbrush, nail art pen or toothpick
• Clear coat
1. Paint your base coat, preferably the lighter
color. Let dry.
2. Using the second color, paint half of your nail,
vertically, horizontally or diagonally. Change it up for each nail. Let dry.
Tip: If it’s a little uneven, that’s OK.
Let Step #3 take care of that.
3. Using your tool of choice, line the dividing
colors with your black polish.
4. Starting from the black line, draw a small line
diagonally outward. Repeat with parallel lines underneath.
5. Repeat Step #4, but on the other half of your
nail. Make sure they match up evenly. Let dry.
6. Cover with a clear coat, and voilà!
Keep your eyes open for more NFL nail art.
I’ve got a Super Bowl design in mind, even if my Ravens don’t make it to the
big game. You can bet I’ll be crossing my fingers—and toes—to make sure they
Are you rooting for a team? Blog about it, babes.