The one mask you need to save your skin this winter
You’re probably used to eating cranberries with your Christmas dinner, but have you ever considered smearing them all over your face? If the answer is no (and, let's be real, it most likely is), then you've been missing out.
Cranberries are secretly one of the best beauty-boosting foods out there. Naturally packed with powerful antioxidants to keep your skin looking fresh, the superfruit can also help ward off wrinkles, reduce redness and dark circles and even prevent future skin damage. And spoiler alert: Mixing them with honey and plain yogurt makes a seriously merry moisturizing mask. Follow the steps below for the ultimate winter spa day.
What you’ll need:
6-7 freshly crushed cranberries
1 tsp of honey
1 tsp of plain yogurt
What to do:
*As always, make sure to test the mask on the back of your hand to make sure you're not allergic or sensitive to any of the ingredients.
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. If you're having trouble crushing the crans by hand, grab the blender and pop it onto the "puree" setting, then mix with the honey and yogurt.
2. Wash your face thoroughly.
3. Apply a thick layer of the mask.
4. Let sit for 15-20 minutes or until you feel your skin tighten.
4. 5.Gently rinse your face with warm water, than pat dry with a towel
6. Finish with your fave moisturizer.
P.S. Have some left over? The mask will stay fresh for about a week in the refrigerator.
What's your favorite winter beauty routine? Do you have a go-to DIY mask? Let us know below!
POSTED IN skinjump to comments