10 best drugstore dupes to use all summer long
Refreshing Sephora’s website waiting for that eyeshadow palette you have been eyeing to go on sale or drop in price?
You no longer have to waste all your money on overpriced makeup when the drugstore’s products are just as good and give you room in your bank account to buy the palette and that cute top you have been eyeing.
Here are some of the best drugstore dupes to create a glowy, summer look that works just as well as the high end makeup:
1. Illuminating primers. These are perfect for summer! They not only prolong your makeup but also give you a beautiful glow throughout the day.
Instead of: Mac Strobe Cream ($34), try...
L’oreal Magic Lumi Primer, ($13)
2. Transluscent powers. In the summer's heat and humidity, it is hard to keep your makeup from just sliding off or getting too shiny which is where transulent powders are your best friend! These powders mattify and help keep your makeup lasting all day...even at the beach.
Instead of: Fenty Invisimatte Blotting Powder, ($32) try...
3. Bronzers. Probably the biggest essential for summer is bronzer if you have fairer skin or even deeper skin tones and want a nice healthy glow. Bronze is a beautiful summer look to mimic a perfect tan from the beach!
Instead of: Benefit Hoola Bronzer, ($15) try...
Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer, ($9)
4. Highlighters. Glow to the Gods! Highlight is a game changer to your makeup adding a subtle lit-from-withnin glow or a shine you can see from space!
Instead of: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in the shade Champagne Pop, ($29) try...
Wet N Wild Illuminating Powder in the shade Golden Flower Crown, ($5)
5. Eyeshadow. Fun, colorful eyeshaodows and bronzy eyelooks can transform your summer makeup style!
Instead of: Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette, ($49) try...
L’oreal Paradise Enchanted Eyeshadow Palette, ($15)
6. Eyeliner. Sometimes simple is better with a clean sharp cat eye or a line to enhance your eyes. Eyeliner, especially a waterproof one, is an essential for summertime.
Instead of: Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, ($20) try...
NYX Epic Ink Liner,($8)
7. Mascara. Whether in the pool, at the beach or sweating out in the sun, waterproof mascara tops the list for a summer necessity.
Instead of: Too Faced Better than Sex Wateproof Mascara, ($23) try...
L’oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof Mascara, ($10)
8. Liquid Lipsticks. Liquid lipsticks, if you find the right, non-drying formula, are perfect to enjoy any number of popsicles without worrying about your liptick ever coming off.
Instead of: Kylie Cosmetics liquid lipstick in the shade Candy K, ($17) try...
Colourpop Liquid lipstick in the shade Dopey, ($7)
9. Lipgloss. Shiny, luscious lips are easy to achieve with a little bit of lipgloss although maybe don't take it to the beach because sand and wind is a *sticky* situation waiting to happen.
Instead of: Nars Turkish Delight Lip Gloss, ($26) try...
Revoln Lipgloss in the shade Sky Pink, ($6)
10. Face Mist. Maintain that glow through out the day and refresh your makeup with a spritz of hydrating face mist.
Instead of: Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist, ($48) try...
Pixi Glow Mist, ($15)
Let us know if you would try these out or have any other dupes to try out this summer!