2020 summer hair trends: The 6 looks you're about to see *everywhere*
Let's be honest: Wearing your hair down in the blazing heat is *not* ideal. So unless you want sweat-soaked strands, you're going to need a pack of pulled-back styles to sport all summer long.
We're not saying that you need to wear an updo every time you leave the house (whenever *that* is)—but a girl needs options beyond just your billionth boring pony (even if you are the only one who sees it).
"I love wearing my yellow locks long and flowing but, as soon as temperatures get warmer, I like to keep it out of my face," says Kings, a singer and TikTok star with over 3.3M followers. "I wore my hair half up, half down with space buns to Playlist Live this year and it was super cute!"
So check out these 6 way-easier-than-they-look looks…and master them before your feed does.
This summer camp staple gets a *major* upgrade.
1. Tie your hair back into a ponytail and secure with an elastic.
2. Divide the ponytail in half to create two smaller ponytails.
3. Set aside a half-inch piece of hair from the outside of the left ponytail. Move it across the top of the left ponytail to the right ponytail.
4. Repeat Step 3 with a half-inch piece from the outside of the right ponytail.
5. Continue this process, alternating between the left and right side, until no hair remains.
6. Secure with a scrunchie or hair elastic. Feeling extra? Add in some major hair bling.
This playful style is out of this world (not to mention, perfect for a virtual pool party).
1. Part your hair down the middle and separate it into two equal sections.
2. Take one section and form a ponytail at the top corner of your head (or wherever you want your space buns placed). Form a ponytail at the same location on the other side.
3. Wrap your hair around the base of the ponytails and secure with bobby pins.
Braided Half Up, Half Down
When I said I wanted to be a Disney princess, I was thinking more about the epic hair/musical numbers…and less the being stuck inside my house/talking to animals. But now I can at least have the look…
1. Section out a small piece of hair from the left side of your head.
2. Braid all the way down, then secure with an elastic. Repeat on the other side.
3. Bring the two braids together at the back of your head. Wrap one under and over the other, then pull through.
4. Wrap the two braided sections around each other, and tie at the end with an elastic.
Bedhead actually works in your favor when attempting to tame summer tresses. Not that you needed another excuse to sleep to 11am...
1. Flip your head upside down and scoop your hair into a loose ponytail, as high or low as you'd like. Don't worry if there are bumps.
2. Twist your hair around the base of the ponytail. Leave a small, untwisted piece at the end.
3. Secure with bobby pins.
Your childhood go-to is making the ultimate comeback this summer—and it has never been more on trend.
1. Part your hair down the middle, and separate your hair into two equal sections.
2. Create a ponytail (either high or low) on each side of your head, and secure with an elastic.
3. Braid one section of your hair all the way down. Secure with another elastic. Repeat on the other side.
Half-Up Top Knot
Want your hair down but still out of your face? We got you.
1. Separate 1/3 of the front of your hair up to the crown of your head. Tie this section into a small ponytail.
2. Backcomb the ponytail for a more voluminous look (optional).
3. Wrap the ponytail around the base of the elastic to form a small bun. Secure with bobby pins.
Which one of these looks will you be trying first? Comment below!