The GL girl's guide to hairstyles that last all. day. long.
There's no better time to master picture-perfect hair than rn (school is starting back before we know it, eep!) So whether you need a new 'do for Friday night football games, the academic decathalon or brunch with your besties, we've got you covered. Keep reading for the GL girl's guide to hairstyles that will last you all. day. long.
The Pony That Won't Pull
Ponytails are by far the easiest way to keep hair out of your face and styled all day long, but anyone that has spent all day in a ponytail (looking at you, Ariana Grande) can tell you that sometimes the weight of your hair can put more strain on your head than you'd like. This simple style solves that problem, with only a few extra steps involved.
1. Use The Hair Edit Section and Style Comb to separate hair into a straight part and comb back.
2. Tie hair into ponytail slightly above the nape of the neck with The Hair Edit Ruched Satin Scrunchies (their satin finish gives a softer grip, so your hair won’t be stretched and pulled)
3. Run John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Smoothing Cream through ponytail to calm flyaways
4. Add in a few fun pins or extra hair ties to give yourself the bubble effect for an extra pop! (The Hair Edit Marble Pins or Metallic Gilded Thread Hair Ties are great options)
Clipped and Away
Not an up-do kind of girl? No worries! This easy-to-achieve style makes wearing your hair down *just* as stylish as tying it back. Give your hair an extra pop and some lasting power with just a few accessories and spritzes and, voila, you'll look runway-ready in no time.
1. Brush your hair using The Hair Edit Finish and Shine Brush.
2. Pull back the front sections of your hair and clip them with The Hair Edit Snap Clips or Modern Gold Pins.
3. Spritz your whole head with John Frieda Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier Hairspray to give the hairstyle extra hold.
Low Maintenance Bun
Keep your hair tucked away and off your neck with an easy-to-do bun. Because buns are just as functional as they are cute, this style is great for the girl who is constantly on the go. With just a few fabulous accessories, you can take this go-to hairstyle from drab to fab.
1. Pull hair back into low ballerina bun and secure with The Hair Edit Soft Touch Loop.
2. Pull out front pieces using The Hair Edit Section and Style Comb.
3. Pop in The Hair Edit Leopard Headband, Gilded Band or Gold Embossed Metallic Headband behind front pieces.