15 plaid-tastic ways to wear a flannel this fall
Who doesn’t love a good flannel? They’re comfy, cute, trendy and warm, which makes this plaid button-up a must-have for your fall wardrobe.
We love flannels because of how versatile they are, too. The piece can be dressed up or down depending on if you're feeling totally casual or super chic. Not to mention, flannels can also be layered with other cute pieces for a look that's completely adaptable. Here’s some of our fave ways to style the timeless piece.
1. Wear it with your trusty cardigan for a simple and comfortable look.
2. For something subtle, layer it under a sweater to add just a dash of plaid to your #OOTD.
3. Mix up your go-to skinny jeans and flannel by tucking the button-up in and adding a cute belt.
4. Or work it with shorts and tights.
5. For a dressier option, pair the flannel with a skirt. We love this leather and plaid combo!
6. Speaking of leather, you can wear your flannel under your leather jacket, too (with a bulky scarf for the ultimate texture combo!).
7. For a more professional look, throw a blazer on top.
8. Flannels also look awesome under a trendy puffer vest
9. Add a chunky knit scarf and beanie to any flannel ensemble on chillier fall days. (Psst! Your combat boots will always work well with plaid.)
10. Or tie it around your waist for a killer grunge vibe.
11. To use that sweet sundress you just can’t part with yet, add a flannel on top for warmth. Complete the look with tights, boots and socks to really rework the look.
12. Any graphic tee looks instantly chic with a flannel (statement jewels would look fab with this too!).
13. Spoiler alert: Plaid and stripes actually compliment each other very nicely. Polka dots work as well!
14. Plaid on plaid is the ultimate in pattern mixing.
15. And, finally, your flannel is the ultimate solution to the question: How do I transition my overalls into fall?!
What's your favorite flannel look? How do you rock yours? Share in the comments!