EXCLUSIVE! 5 things to know about Hannah Grace Colin
Hannah Grace Colin is ready to take on the world—with kindness and style, of course. In our exclusive interview, the Dance Moms star and fashion-forward social media influencer gave us the *best* insights on her life, biggest dreams and more...
1. Auditioning for Dance Moms (and landing the part!) was a dream come true.
"I've been dancing since I could walk, basically. I watched the show as a kid growing up (Kenzie Ziegler and Brynn Rumfallo were two of my fave dancers), and I never thought I'd actually get the opportunity to *be* on it. Since I'd seen Dance Moms before, I was definitely nervous because I knew there would be drama. But I was more excited than anything for the experience."
2. Filming the reality series had its ups...and downs.
"The best part was definitely forming the relationships with the cast. I think we'll all be friends forever now. The worst part is the drama—when you're trying to learn a dance in two days and you have to compete the day after that, and the moms are just upstairs fighting about you-don't-even-know-what. It's distracting but we got through it."
3. Handling haters has been a struggle.
"Before [appearing] on the show, I had a private Instagram with just my friends and only about 300 followers. So it's crazy how much it's grown since then. I know my followers love me a lot, and that's a great thing, but with a large following there's going to be hate and people who don't like you. It's been the hardest thing to understand, but I realize that those people who say mean things online have never actually met me in real life, so how could what they're saying be true? When I get down about it, I have to remind myself of the things that make me special and the things I love about being myself."
4. She has *major* role models in music and dance.
"I've been singing my whole life, too, and I'm getting more into it now. So that's kind of my next big goal. I love Ariana Grande—she's my all-time favorite—and Dua Lipa. And in dance, Dusty Button, her technique is flawless, and Misty Copeland is a big inspiration, too."
5. Her advice for GL girls is on point.
"You can't let other people's words get into your head and change how you feel about yourself. If someone makes you feel less than for pursuing your passion, that's not OK. Be yourself and do what you love, no matter what."
Heart Hannah? Go check out her reading recs on our Bestie Book Club!
POSTED IN Dance Moms
check these out!
you might like these
- EXCLUSIVE! Meet the cast of Brat TV's Charmers starring Sophie Fergi, Sarah Dorothy Little, Brooklyn Queen and Indi Star!
- Jordana Bryant gives all the songwriting advice you need to get started on your dreams
- Check out the new issue of Girls' Life starring Pressley Hosbach!
- GL's Summer Takeover is a virtual music festival—and it's coming to *you* May 17-21, 2021!