Ten Bargaining Points To Use To Talk Your Parents Into Buying You The iPhone
The iPhone is on your must-have list. No... it IS your must-have list. Why? Because the iPhone will walk your dog, do
your laundry, pull last month's pizza out from under your bed, and
that's just the beginning. Okay, maybe it won't do all that, but we've
got deets to give your parents so they'll throw their hands in the air
and say, "Bring me my wallet. I'll get you the cell phone."
1. It will support Wi-Fi around the world -- perfect for getting in touch via email with Mom and Day when you head off to Paris on that student exchange program next semester.
2. Maps are excellent for studying geography! When you get bored waiting for your parents to pick you up, you can play around and find out where Uganda is.
3. It's cheaper than a computer!
4. With easy Google access, and a word document program at your fingertips, you can write your English essays no matter where you are.
5. The calendar is ready to go; anyone can send you an event and you'll be notified immediately (you won't have any more excuses as to why you can't go visit you-know-who).
6. Your exact whereabouts can be tracked in real-time -- no more guessing where you are!
7. Places your parents don't want you to visit online (including sites that have songs with xxx lyrics) can be blocked with Parental Controls.
8. With a single touch, you can access 21 different language keyboards (even in Chinese!), which will help you with your foreign language class.
9. All those photos Mom and Dad keep forgetting to take of you while you grow up -- well, now you can get your friends to take them on your iPhone... and make the memories for your slacko parents!
10. You'll have the coolest Parents on the block!
What not to say:
1.) I can play tons of games.
2.) I can text my friends 24/7.
3.) I can become even more obsessed with MySpace, Twitter and Plurk.
4.) I can leave my phone at my friends house, so when you track me, you'll think I'm still there.
5.) I can probably figure out how to turn off the Parental Controls.
Your parents want what's best for you, and you know what's best for you is an iPhone. So get busy talking the deets, baby!