Bridget M.

is modding

8 HOURS AGO First time runnners: This is how ya get prepped for your first race! http://t.co/Fj5hMpOn7r

11 HOURS AGO Which @5SOS guy ditched the group? http://t.co/ha18y5CgrB

12 HOURS AGO Don't deck the hall, deck your nails with 5 fab Christmas manis: http://t.co/lRl4FxZNXW

COMMENTS

Where's My Period?

I haven't had my period for a while, like more than month going on two. Am I missing a period because I'm pregnant? I'm not...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Is it normal to be spotting when your supposed to have your period?

Hey chica! It's totally normal, it just means it's light!

Clare W.

by sapphire1214 on 3/17/2011 3:52:02 PM

Mod mod mod, please reply asap! I got my period for the first time in may and them I got it in June but I haven't since! I've skipped two months going on three and last week when I went to the bathroom and wiped I saw a tiny bit of blood but then nothing! I don't wanna tell anybody but I'm worried is this normal? What do I do??

Hey babe, This is totally normal. You're probably going to be pretty irregular for the first few years. Just wear a pantyliner or a pad for a few days until the spotting (that little bit of blood you saw) goes away.

xoxo Allie

Allie S.

by 1flyingmonkey on 9/18/2010 5:27:38 PM

i've had my period for a year.its been irregular also, and i got it often. the last time i had it was october 28. now its november 20. do you think i will get it november 28?

by stargirl9197 on 11/20/2009 6:31:46 PM

thank you mod. do you think that my period is just regulating? its been irregular for a year.

by stargirl9197 on 11/20/2009 6:29:45 PM

Hey girl, had to remove your Q, but here's the skinny: first Q: not at all. As for your second Q, another no too. It's not biologically possible.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by stargirl9197 on 11/19/2009 4:58:19 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! I AM 12 YEARS OLD AND I ALWAYS GHET MY PERIOD EVERY 20 DAYS. NOW IT HAS NOT COME. I GOT MY LAST PERIOD OCTOBER 28. NOT ITS NOVEMBER 19. THERE IS ALSO NO SIGN OF ME PMSING AND THRE ISNT ANY DISCHARGE. I HAD MY PERIOD FOR A YEAR NOW. WHATS GOING ON? HELP! I AM WORRIED! I HAVE BEEN STRESSING ABOUT THIS SO MUCH!!

Hey girl, sometimes when you frist get your period, this happens. Don't worry. If it goes on for another month or so, then you should contact your doctor.

xoxo

Olivia A.

by stargirl9197 on 11/19/2009 4:54:23 PM

Hey girl, no need to stress. What's going on is perfectly normal: your cycle is going to be irregular for the first couple years on your period. For now, just relax. You're fine, girlie. But if a couple months go by and still no sign? Talk to your mom and make sure you're taking care of yourself. That's a warning sign something's not right.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by stargirl9197 on 11/19/2009 4:53:21 PM

Ive had all the signs of a period ( headaches chocolate craving, more headaches!!!) but no cramps. is this weird? is it still a sign of a period?

by makenzig on 8/28/2009 5:28:24 PM

also mod: Could happy stress (like being excited) cause a period to be late or skip? I'm definitely not stressed in a bad way. I just got a new crush that likes me, and lately I've been thinking about hiim a lot, and my heart starts to race and soemtimes my stomach hurts because of butterflies. Could this delay my period?

Yes!  Any kind of stress can cause a period to be delayed!  It could also be from different eating habits or body things that have nothing to do with your control!  I wouldn't worry!

Brooke E.

by abbyy on 7/17/2009 11:19:17 AM

Mod: I got my period about a year ago, and have had it basically every month in the beginning. (I have a bit of a longer cycle, so it started a little later every month.) This month I should've gotten it around the 6th...but I didn't. I got all the really heavy discharge and mood swings and cramps that I usually get like days before, and then it just went away. It was like everything about my period minus the blood. Now I feel normal. what's up with that?

Hey girl, you've only been having your period for a year so it's gonna take some time for it to get on a regular basis.  I know this is the first one you've missed but there isn't anything werid about that!  If you skip it again next month... that's when I would let Mom or the doc know but don't worry about it for now!

Brooke E.