4 HOURS AGO Stay sun savvy with 5 beauty buys for sun protection: http://t.co/Aq9qUPQ3nE

7 HOURS AGO Tone up #tabata style: http://t.co/lOFXLmg7ew

8 HOURS AGO Pretty up with the 20 best nail polish picks of all time: http://t.co/1GctxLQSKw

COMMENTS

Stunning (and safe!) Summer Highlights

"I've been thinking about getting highlights but I'm sort of hesitant. I'm not sure what color to get or if I want to put coloring in my hair. I need advice!"

K, thank you!

by ces_1996 on 6/16/2009 3:08:16 PM

~* MOD *~
Hey Mod! I was just wondering if you could use lemonade instead of lemon juice and water. I hope this wasn't a stupid question, but we don't have any lemon juice at my house, but we do have lemonade! Thank you!!! :]

Hey girl,

Lemonade has sugar in it that will make your hair sticky. Next time your mom goes shopping, ask her to pick up some lemons or some lemon juice!

xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by ces_1996 on 6/16/2009 3:02:10 PM

im gonna try it with the lemons instead! i already have some natural highlights, so i figure they'll look amazing!

by shellster128 on 6/16/2009 8:51:18 AM

Hey! I read the lemon juice thing in my latest GL. I just started it like 10 minutes ago! Does your hair acctually get hilights, or does the lemon juice just make it loook lighter? Will it look lighter after I stop?

by Julia P. on 6/16/2009 12:01:32 AM

Mod- I totally want highlights for my hair (like a natural look) but I can't afford to ge them done at the salon. Especially if I'm doing it every 3-8 weeks. What is a good product to go with for just thin light blonde highlights?

by jen on 6/15/2009 10:17:27 PM

hey i wanna try the lemon highlight thing, but my hair is really dark brown and my mom says it will probably bleach into a brassy color rather than a lighter brown. plus, if you spray it all over your hair, wont all of your hair get bleached/lightened? i just want highlights, not hair that is completely lightened. i might just put streaks of lemon-water in my hair, but then im afraid i'd get giant chunky highlights. i would like highlights, but i want them to look natural and i would like to know what color they might be before bleaching my hair. i think id be ok with brassy orange highlights, but as long as they go with the movement of my hair and arent so chunky, and i dont want all of my hair to be lightened. please help!!! Katie P.

by happpiegoluckie on 6/15/2009 10:04:27 PM

I've been thinking about getting my brown hair highlight with a lighter color, and a red streak.

by *~Camera!Candy~* on 6/15/2009 10:01:42 PM

I've also heard that you can use tea bags (not sure what kind), to get red-ish streaks in your hair... I'm totally going to do that this summer.

by Lexy5 on 6/15/2009 8:17:14 PM

I REALLY want blonde highlights. I'll try lemon juice. Tong

by gladiator*girl on 6/15/2009 7:59:42 PM

MOD- please help. ok. so, i have blonde hair, like dirty blonde. and my eyebrows are like brown. i want my eyebrows to be blonder to match my hair so it looks right. do youu think that the lemon juice thing will work on eyebrows? also how long do youu have to sit in the sun for it to activate your hair or possible eyebrows? well. thanks ahead of time!

Hey Girl, it takes one-two hours to see a differnce, and it may work on your eyebrows, i dont see why it wouldnt actually. *Cara T*

Cara T.