Bridget M.

is modding

35 MINUTES AGO How to deal with you embarrassingly strict dad: http://t.co/8di6Kw4YGr

1 HOURS AGO The secret to making the perfect potato pancakes: http://t.co/KkKtFd0zZH

2 HOURS AGO 5 ways to take bobby pins just went from basic to classy: http://t.co/ZUm5Wvfg8W

COMMENTS

I feel awkward around my bisexual friend

My close friend just came out to me. I don't want to hurt her feelings, but now things are awkward between us…

MODMODMODMOD!!!!!!
I need advice! Can you help me with, um, knowing if i am bisexual? ! Is there a way to tell if you are? Thanxx xoxo, Momo

Hey girl,

Only you can figure that out, but you don't have to know now, and it can take a while to know yourself, so don't worry if you're confused -- that's totally normal! If you want to talk to someone about how you're feeling, you can speak with a guidance counselor or trusted adult. However you are is totally normal and awesome, and don't be worried if you don't know exactly what that is just yet!

Meghan D.

by MomoChick321 on 7/27/2012 10:14:23 PM

mod! ok, recently i got an email from my BFF saying she didn't want to be my friend anymore!! i have been homeschooled all my life (same with her) but i made the choice to go to school in the fall. i understand how that would upset her, but if roles were reversed i would still be her friend!! please help me know why in the world she would drop me as a friend! if it helps, she is 2 years younger than me. i feel really bad because i only have 2 friends now, a pair of homeschooled sisters. 1 and 4 years younger than me.

Hey girl. It stings now, but your friend is probably just a lil hurt. Don't push it and give her some time. Maybe she will come around. Either way you will make new friends at school!

mary h.

by margo1211 on 8/3/2011 9:16:10 AM

I'm straight. I have known this guy since we were 5 and we were really good friends. He developed really strong feelings for me, and I felt the same way. 6 months ago, we decided to try a relationship. It started out really good, I just loved being with him and doing fun stuff together. Then, something changed between us.About a month into our relationship,I found out that he is bisexual. Not from him, he doesn't know that I know this. I know that if I really loved him, this wouldn't bother me. But somehow it still did. It felt weird being with a guy that well, liked guys I guess.Even though he had all along. So I broke up with him,not giving him the reason, and it really hurt him. Since then our friendship has really suffered. Did I do the wrong thing? Is it okay to be with someone that isn't your sexuality like that? I'm just really confused!

Hey girl, ultimately, there's no right or wrong answer universally for that. It depends on the person and what they're comfortable with. It sounds like you had some major reservations there, and while you should've talked them out with him for safe measure, you made the choice that was best for your heart. Don't sweat it.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by skittlesarelove on 7/26/2011 9:44:40 PM

Hey girl,

It's really important that you talk to someone about this, and since you don't wanna talk to a parent, you should really talk to a guidance counselor or school nurse. They will be able to give you the help and advice that you need.
Casey L.

by sarah1200 on 7/19/2011 2:53:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
one of my BESTEST friends just told me about all these things she's going through, (divorce, her pets dieing, and her stepdad hitting her), and she's cutting herself because of it. My friend and I have been trying to get her to stop but she won't.School is out so I can't tell the guidance conseler and I don't know her parents that well so I can't tell them. She's also made me promise not to tell. I don't know what to do! Please help!

Check out our section on "Tough Stuff," preferably the section regarding self-injury: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by volleyball4lifee on 6/28/2011 7:51:33 PM

Honestly, why should it matter? Girls can love girls, boys can love boys, girls can love both, guys can love both. Love is love, you can't really change that. It's kinda stupid too to use the word "gay" or "lezbo" and maybe "bi" as insults(stupid, weird, etc..). Last time I checked, a person's personality is what counts, not sexuality.

by ToasterKisshuFanGirl97 on 6/15/2011 9:23:01 PM

I have a friend thats bi, and I kinda expected it, so I'm just fine with it. I've known her for years, and me and her other friend came together to get her through her issues with cutting. I would never abandon her, especially not now

by TwoDoorParamoreClub on 5/29/2011 3:39:21 PM

I'm bi and I only told 2 of my best friends and they were so nice about it and I feel like I'm gonna cry cause I'm so happy they aren't treating me different! It just makes me happy because I used to hate myself for being bi but then, I realized, if everyone really would have been better off with out me, I wouldn't have been born.

by Happygoluckycharms on 5/28/2011 2:10:05 PM

MOD MOD That is really freaky, I was just about to submit for help on a almost identical problem as that other girl.My friend thinks she is bi, but I do not really think she is. But I still want to support her, even though my religious beliefs conflict. How can I still be her friend without killing my religion.

Hey girlie -- just because it is not a part of your religion does not mean you can't be her friend. There are tons of people in this world who may not have the same beliefs as you, doesn't mean you can't be friends with them Smile

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by lena737 on 5/28/2011 10:40:57 AM

well i dont think you should judge her sexuallity i have lezbos and bi and gay friendz but i love dem and if u wanna be real dont sweat it if ur str8 shell understand ok she like va ge ge and we we oh wow juss dont be arkward round her

by cookiesgonewild on 5/19/2011 8:54:02 PM