1 HOURS AGO No, you can't bathe in #PSL...but you *can* use these sweet pumpkin products:

4 HOURS AGO Bullies are the WORST—but don't let 'em get to you. Tips and tricks for keeping that head up:

5 HOURS AGO Wait—is your BGF into you?!:

10 ways to prep for your period

Keep Aunt Flo from totally ruining your day—or your favorite outfit—with our top tips.

thank you so much! i told her and everythings good!

Hey! you are so welcome Smile
Helen S.

by okiedokie! on 4/30/2011 2:36:27 PM

ive gotten brown stains for like 3 days in a row for the past 3 months but this month im actually bleeeding! i havent told my mom yet but i need pads. how do i break the news to her? thanks in advance!

Hey! Just take a deep breath and let her know you've started your period. You can do it!
Helen S.

by okiedokie! on 4/30/2011 1:30:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD I'm 14 and I don't THINK Ive gotten my period yet but it's happened 3 times in three monrittany Gths where I get really thick brown discharge for a few days and last time there was a little blood too. What does it mean, does it count as a period??

Hey girlie -- you should speak with you mother or doctor, just to be 100% sure.

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by TehyaJas on 4/30/2011 3:00:54 AM

My period hasn' come yet and i am 12, maturing like a 13 year-old. ive had allthe symtoms of puberty. I've had discharge for two years now and monster cramps but it hasn't came. what do I do?

by Louie21 on 4/25/2011 5:27:23 AM

Its been two years since i got all that stuff like discharge, cramps, acne, cramps, breast buds, wider hips and more cramps but no period! Am i un normal?

by Louie21 on 4/25/2011 5:14:02 AM

Have you started your period and if so when? I have not and I have like all these signs like dicharge, cramps, headaches, hair growing, mood swings, some development and other stuff that comes with puberty so yah I have like all the signs and still no period so I was wondering when you got yours and how long you have had it(if you have it) and any advice you might have would be great thanks Luv, Peyton

hey girl,

If you are seeing all the signs, you will probably be getting it soon.  Don't worry, I believe your body is on track and you just have to be patient.  Carry pads or tampons around with you just in case.  You can always wear a pantiliner too.  The first time shouldn't be so heavy, so just be prepared and you'll have nothing to worry about!
Ruth S.

by girlzrock123 on 4/23/2011 9:33:35 PM

mod mod mod mod mod
Im 13 im 5'1 and im 73 lbs i have signs of my period like: discharge(for about 1 1/2 years),spotting(2days) cramps(3 weeks) hair(2 years maybe) and some development (30A cup)and mood swings like crazy and just about any other signs that I havent mentioned. I was wondering when you started and how your first experience was like and also I was wondering when I was going to start and also my mom started when she was 14 Thanks Smile
luv, Peyton

Hey girl, I got my first period at 13; it was a bit of a surprise when it first came, but I found it was really no big deal. As for when you'll get yours, there's no exact science. It'll surprise you, which is why it's so important you have a pad on you at school now just in case. Be prepared.

Alyssa B.

by girlzrock123 on 4/21/2011 8:29:10 PM

Hey everyone who has tampon troubles!
Tampons aren't so bad.
several months ago i got my period. I decided pads had to end once i was skiing and i got it.
I had no pads availiable and i was afraid to use the free tampons the resort had avaliable.
When i got home i tried a tampon,
it was scary because my mom wasn't there and i had tried it before and it hurt!
But trust me,
everyone should try to get in the habit of tampons (unless you perfer pads) but my aunt always uses pads and I dont see how she does it.
I think tampons are GREAT! Laughing they feel so much more clean and they are easier to slip into your pocket than a pad. Plus it helps with sports and swimming!

If you need any advice on friend troubles to periods come 2 me! I help tons of people (xpecially my 11yr old sister's friends! ) (ugh do 5th graders ever have steady friendships? these 2 girls keep fighting and making up every day, i cant keep up! LOL)

by ollystar on 4/19/2011 6:19:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! My period is always one week early (from the 28 days thing). Is this normal?? Because it always comes every 3 weeks so its basically on a schedule. Just not a normal schedule. And, my period always lasts for 6-7 days. This is really bad because that means that 1 out of 3 weeks, i am on my period. Please help!! I am flipping out! i am not that close to my mom and its soooooo embarassing to talk to her about this kind of stuff!

Hey girlie. When you are younger, it is completely normal for your period to be irregular. As you get older, it will stay with a more set schedule. If it continues to stay irregular, then you can make an appointment with your doctor. I know it might seem awkward to talk to your mom at first, but she is a girl, too, so she understands about periods! I promise--talk to her about it!

Elizabeth P.

by daughtry60763 on 4/18/2011 1:58:26 PM

Anything that you are unprepared for can be scary-- especially your first period. The best way to avoid this is to know your stuff and be prepared before it happens. Go to the store with mom or another tursted older female and get a box pads. Learn how to put one on so when the time comes it won't be so scary. Basically a pad is big sticker for your underwear. Be prepared just in case and maybe keep a pad in your locker. If you know how to use one before the real time comes, you feel more at ease when your period arrives.

by BehrendBlues on 4/18/2011 12:22:58 AM

Which school sport are you most likely to try out for?

*Win* a trip to meet R5's Rydel Lynch!