AN HOUR AGO The best ways to wear your beanie: http://t.co/yWZ9BxGmLW

3 HOURS AGO Rockin' workout clothes you can sport outside of the gym: http://t.co/sDhSkbCVCU

15 HOURS AGO Can girls make the first move—or is that weird? http://t.co/tgtlB9KNYl

COMMENTS

10 ways to prep for your period

Keep Aunt Flo from totally ruining your day—or your favorite outfit—with our top tips.

MOD MOD MOD: All my friends and even people who aren't my friends have boyfriends. Even girls that I personally don't think are that great have boyfriends. I'm the only one in my whole grade that's never had a boyfriend and I'm so embarrased about it. When I go on facebook everybodies relationships are shoved in my face and I feel depressed. I feel like such a looser, whats wrong with me?!?

Hey girlie,

Don't feel rushed to get a boyfriend--trust me, boys will definitely ask you out as you get older.  Use this time to get to know yourself...your hobbies, your likes and dislikes...and learn to feel comfortable and confident in your own skin!   There is nothing wrong with you, so don't feel pressured be in a relationship.
Ruth S.

by Aquarius1998 on 4/2/2011 5:13:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am 11 and my doctor said I will have my period this year. I have an emergency kit: 3 pantiliners i pair of panties, and hand sanitizer. Do I need any pads or anything else? Thanks, just want to be prepared.

Hey! you are so prepared, way to go!
Helen S.

by MissLjla on 4/2/2011 2:27:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Am only 12 and people say i have tiny boobs and big butt, and they call me names for that, i try to tell them that i dont like bieng called like that but they keep doing it and it really hurts cause i get really embarrassed for that. What can i do?

Hey girlie -- have you tried the "I-Don't-Talk-About-Your-(Fill in Blank)" approach? Wen things are reversed, people usually realize just how much something hurts, especially when the shoe is placed on the other foot. Nonetheless, be proud of your body! In the end, confidence is what wins over any situation ;)

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by meelyx3 on 4/2/2011 12:16:58 PM

These are good tips

by artistchic99 on 4/1/2011 10:20:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
okay so i've had discharge since oct of 2009
bra size: 32a womens
weight: 97lbs
yes i do have cramps.
my mother was 12 when she got her period& my sister was 13; i'm gonna be 13 in june
i'm 4'11
headaches; check.
moody:/
can you predict or give me a time span of when i'll get my period. ?

Hey girlie -- I can't give you a time span when you'll get your period, but it does sound as though it'll be pretty soon.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by LaynEpoo on 4/1/2011 9:25:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I've begun to exercise more and i don't want my period to come in the way. Pads are kind of comfortable when exercising...not really! My mom won't let me use tampons at all..she says that it's not good for a girl to do that, and I don't really understand. I mean I've heard that it doesn't do any harm down there :/
I am really confused! this iz really embarrassing...plz help!

hey! yeah i don't really know what your mom is talking about... tampons are fine to use and I think more comfy than pads. maybe if you explain that it's all about being more comfy when you work out she'll understand. good luck!

Helen S.

by cutieforever45 on 4/1/2011 8:39:24 PM

Mod! Um when I open a new pad it's all crackily and loud and I'm afraid people can hear me open a new one at school and since I'm in fifth grade I'm one of the only people with my period and it's kind if embarassing. Have you ever had this problem and can you hear it? Is there a way to make it not so loud?

Hey girl, I used to be super conscious about that too: thankfully I realized that no one really noticed. All the same, I found it helped to remove the wrapper and peel slowly. It minimizes the noise.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Dabomb on 3/31/2011 8:35:59 PM

NO THAT'S WRONG!!!! USE COLD WATER TO GET RID OF STAINS NOT WARM OR HOT WATER! ANY HEAT WILL CAUSE THE STAIN TO SET IN!!!

by smartsara on 3/30/2011 8:44:40 PM

I'm almost fifteen, and I don't have my period! Crazy, right? I used to care a lot because I felt left out, but now I really don't care. It'll be cool when I get it, but for know, I'm just relaxing until it happens.

by balletlova on 3/30/2011 6:32:05 PM

we don't have a school nurse....

by kitkatt23 on 3/30/2011 6:00:35 PM