11 HOURS AGO RT @jacquieleemusic: ahhhh @girlslifemag obsessing over #BrokenOnesEP? i'm obsessing over YOU! 😍 thank you! so happy you like the EP. httphttp://t.co/K5tL6n6slm

12 HOURS AGO BOYS: this is whatcha do if you wanna become bae: http://t.co/0xfEpYILwF

15 HOURS AGO Strut #Elsa's beauty look for Halloween: http://t.co/p22Et0darw #Frozen

COMMENTS

Are you gaga for gadgets?

A recent study found that students experienced withdrawal symptoms when forced to give up the Internet, music, TV and their cell phones.

im hooked, but only because where i live there's nothing to do! everything's far apart so i cant just walk down to the park or anything. you have to drive and have money! im in middle school, and i dont have a job so all i really do for fun is go online, read, and listen to music. i dont hang out with friends much because i dont have a phone or many friends.

by emroxlol on 7/17/2012 5:44:47 AM

Im not! Smile i could go a week without my iPod and phone and computer. Im not rly a t.v. person! i enjoy practicing my music,writing, and hanging out with my friends!!! I dont need my iPod for the games,just the MUSIC! Though of course i could just use a CD....

by ImmaWriter on 12/6/2011 10:02:18 PM

Not really I have to write my music!!!

by libby22 on 8/8/2011 5:32:22 PM

I'm addicted to computer. I hate iPods (im an old-fashioned CD player person) so thats no problem, and my .phone is sorta OCDs-ish

by fudgemonkey on 7/10/2011 9:53:15 PM

mod mod mod I made the last mod comment so u can get backround info i cant join after skool activities because i live in mexico so so u cant join an after skool activity that esy and its also hard to go because mexico ius an insequre lace so do u have more advise? pliss say yes!!!!!!!!

Bummer!  I think the best thing you can do now is talk to an adult, like a parent, teacher, or counselor.  Someone who knows you and knows your school can help you figure out a solution.  Hang in there girl, and keep trying.  Be friendly to the people you do see at school, and maybe you'll find a friend when you least expect it. Smile

Marie H.

by dansu on 5/7/2011 7:28:52 PM

mod mod mod i got a pro blem i only have to friends in the whole school and i had tried to make more but no one really accepts me may b ppl think its btter having little amount but close thatn big amount but not true friendship but my friends are mad at me and wont want to b my friends anymore and now im left alone wat can i do ive tried everything to gt my friends back and to make new ones but nothing works

Hey chica, I'm sorry to hear about the friend troubles, I'm sure that really hurts.  Since I don't know why they're mad, it's hard to say for sure what's best.  If you've tried talking to them and it hasn't worked, maybe just give them a little space.  Hopefully they will cool off and still want to be friends.  As for making new friends, are there any activities outside of school where you could meet people your age?  Some possibilities would be a sports team through a local gym or a church youth group.  If you're still struggling, reach out to an adult you trust, like a parent, teacher, or school counselor, who can help you.  Hang in there.  xoxo

Marie H.

by dansu on 5/7/2011 7:20:23 PM

Unfortunately yes!

by Grace_Girl on 5/7/2011 5:32:19 PM

i totlay am

by dansu on 5/5/2011 7:08:00 PM

mod mod mod
my profile isnt vissible even if i change the privacy it isnt so i cant acces to my clubs please help!

Hey girl, be patient! Once you change your privacy settings, your profile has to be approved be a mod before it becomes public. Just hang in there and it should be soon.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by dansu on 5/5/2011 7:02:16 PM

I'm addicted. My phone once was dropped in water and I went 3 or 4 days without it, and I felt so lost... I've had it since 6th grade (I had to walk to school) and I'm in 9th grade now. It's crazy hard to go without it because it throws you so off balance if you've carried it with you everywhere. It's like you lose connection to the world if something were to happen to you and you need it.

by xfobrocksx on 5/3/2011 10:28:48 AM

My only gadgets are my computer and cell phone and it's fine.

by kayla9 on 5/2/2011 9:42:00 PM

i can't live without music...whether it comes from my iPod or radio!

by bookworm22 on 4/22/2011 11:41:36 PM

i am addicted lol... facebook cell phone email internet... im gonna try a day without it!!

by fashiongurl on 4/22/2011 8:03:13 PM

We are all gaga for gadgets. Its what we need and what we use to keep in touch with friends, listen to music and learn about life.

What would we do without them?

by luckykel on 4/22/2011 5:52:16 PM

hey girls please join my club fashion,friends and fitness

by quinn1218 on 4/14/2011 7:12:52 PM

hey girls please join my club fashion,friends and fitness

by quinn1218 on 4/14/2011 7:10:53 PM

hey girls please join my club fashion,friends and fitness

by quinn1218 on 4/14/2011 7:10:20 PM

I have the same phone that girl is holding Smile

by Dancer1668 on 4/12/2011 2:30:31 PM

It didn't take a study to tell me that I'm addictited. Smile I love vegging in front of the tv. I'm always on my android. One day my parents are gonna be like "go outside and get some fresh air and exercise." And I'll be like, "what's 'outside???'".

Tomorrow, I vow to not text, surf the internet, or watch tv. Who's with me?

by cocoa123 on 4/12/2011 10:12:44 AM

Please join my new club, Sprouse Twins!!! We will talk everything about cute Dylan and Cole Sprouse, the stars of Suite Life on Deck. Smile

by I<3gurrls! on 4/11/2011 10:51:06 PM

im addicted the the comp. so BADLY. BTW, i hav that same fone from the pic.!!!!!!! Smile

by I<3gurrls! on 4/11/2011 10:15:24 PM

I'm addicted to SOME of my devices. Like my phone, or my ipod and the internet. I can't go anywhere without my phone, or I'll feel kinda unsafe. my ipod I could probably live without, but I'd really need some source of music or backround noise or I'll freak out. But I can proudly say that before today I havn't been on the internet for a week. But I'd NEVER get addicted to tv, I love my books<3
Like my favorite teacher says, "On a cold winter day, you can't cuddle up with a nice hot cup of cocoa and a tv or an ereader. Well, you probably could but it wouldn't be half as comfortable."

by katie10marie96 on 4/11/2011 9:56:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi! I'm going on spring vacay soon but I was wondering: when you shave your bikini line, you're supposed to put on cream afterwards right? Well..what kind? Like any old body lotion or...? Thanks! Also, I want to pack some jewelry and stuff to bring but how can I pack it without getting too tangled? (Necklaces mostly) Thank you so much! Smile

Body lotion is good. You can also use after shave to cut down on burning/itching, but lotion works best. The best way I've learned to pack necklaces is to loop them all together, then use a twist-tie (like the kind you put on produce bags at the grocery store) at the top and bottom. It usually helps to keep them from getting too tangled. Or you can try packing each necklace separately in a different small zip-loc bag!
Lauren C.

by BeatlesROK101 on 4/11/2011 9:14:10 PM

I am addicted to my phone, but I don't mind curling up on the couch with a book either.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 4/11/2011 8:52:44 PM

Im okay with not goin on it its just the feeling that i cant go on it is wat bugs me

by jennaebean on 4/11/2011 8:33:37 PM

I'm totally addicted to my laptop

by CursaLeStrange on 4/11/2011 8:29:19 PM

I'm addicted 2 days without some type of a gadget, I would feel like a hobo

by borninjune on 4/11/2011 8:28:31 PM

Define ADDICTED? Haha, i dont text THAT much. Or watching Tv THAT much... BUt the internet.. Kinda a lot. And my ipod? Too much probably... Oh well... I just definatly dont need rehab, lets just put it that way..

by goldfish123 on 4/11/2011 7:55:00 PM

kinda. define addicted. i don/t have a fone, but looove my iPod and laptop.

by soccerlover99 on 4/11/2011 7:33:43 PM

If I don't have access to the internet for more than two days I get all jittery and jumpy

by brooklin175 on 4/11/2011 7:08:15 PM

well..i'm addicted to my cell phone and the internet..they've got me hooked! ahh!! oh well! haha

by Kristin95 on 4/11/2011 6:32:45 PM

i actually dont text that much, but i am on the internet a lot Tong

by Alle93 on 4/11/2011 6:25:11 PM

i'm not addicted to my phone- but i LOVE my ipod!

by artz/craftz on 4/11/2011 6:15:46 PM

im not TOTALLY addicted to my cell phone...i just feel like theres something missing when its taken away...):

by hb27412 on 4/11/2011 6:03:27 PM

Umm well I am like the only person in my grade with out a cell phone and I am okay with that, but my ipod is like my LIFE! I love it...it always puts me in a better mood. I probably would miss the computer but I could live without!

by topchef88 on 4/11/2011 6:02:38 PM

People should not charge to help kids, I can usually find something else to do besides text. Playing cards is always helpful.
Luv ya chicas,
A.L.

by pandagirl12 on 4/11/2011 6:00:44 PM

I hope there's a Internet rahab center around where I live, I know I'd need to go!

by one-shooting-starr on 4/11/2011 5:52:20 PM

i think i can live off the internet, and other types of technology. Hello, that's why there are books, friends, and family

by 1092chocolatelover on 4/11/2011 5:34:16 PM

hi visit my profile. i give advice too! =p

by ALR on 4/11/2011 5:32:12 PM

I could prob live without my computer and maybe my phone (depends on who i'm talking to at the time (; ) but if i don't have my music i would die!!!

by midnightluver96 on 4/11/2011 5:11:20 PM

i have the same phone in the picture! haha Smile

by bublz714 on 4/11/2011 5:06:23 PM

im not sure!! i mean, i can spend hours reading and i only go on the computer for a couple minutes a day, but im addicted to the tv.

by karategirl78 on 4/11/2011 5:04:26 PM

I could do it. Id just read. I defiantly could do it for a day.

by wednesday1408 on 4/11/2011 5:03:01 PM

I LOVE my Ipod and laptop but I'm not addicted. during the summer I usually spend weeks off of the internet just because I either off to places that don't have it or I'm busy. Smile I usually don't even miss it.

by caitlovesoreo96 on 4/11/2011 4:58:33 PM

I mean I guess I sort of am. With my iPod, it's not necessarily the ipod itself, it's the music so that's different. I used to be addicted to my email (when i had one). I got my computer taken away a a couple days ago and I was sooooo bored!! so yeah i guess i am. Smile

by Maeve01 on 4/11/2011 4:47:01 PM

I have that exact same phone in the picture!!!! Laughing

by colibug66 on 4/11/2011 4:42:16 PM

I'm pretty sure I'm hooked. I don't think I'm addicted, but whenever I don't have my phone and stuff, I'm tapping my fingers, sitting tensely, and trying to find other stuff to do.

by Flgirl97 on 4/11/2011 4:34:42 PM

yes im addictedd Smile and thats my phone! hahaa

by MYstar123 on 4/11/2011 4:30:02 PM

Oh I'm TOTALLY addicted to my electronics. If I lost my I-Pod I would just die. And I spend way too much time on the computer. Hopefully my parents don't see this article about this...

by JD711998 on 4/11/2011 4:18:55 PM

I certainly like modern media, but I'd be just fine curling up on the couch and reading a book the whole day.

by peaceluvandhockey on 4/11/2011 4:15:19 PM