3 HOURS AGO Which summer sport's got ya game? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/Ici50wNgla

5 HOURS AGO Tell us how you feel in our survey about smoking: http://t.co/6Q9EeXv0yg

6 HOURS AGO 5 fun fitness guru videos: http://t.co/ltFmHhPXLG

COMMENTS

Redo your room! 5 ways to cut the clutter

Drowning in last month’s math homework? Can’t find your fave pair of shoes? We’re showing you how to go from “Where’d that go?” to “Whoa!”

MOD!!
I'm so confused!! My mom won't let me do ANYTHING with my ugly beige colored room not even DIY!!! What do I do?

Hey girlie,

Try putting yourself in her shoes: WHY is she vetoing the makeover idea? Ask her that herself, if you're totally drawing a blank! That way, you can try to compromise and work together on making some improvements. Even if you can't change everything, if you can agree to hang a poster or revamp an old lamp, that's a start Smile So try going to her and being calm and mature while you say: "Hey, Mom? Remember when I asked you about changing up my room? I don't wanna be pushy, but could you tell me why you said no?" Give it a try!
Lauren C.

by izzytheswiftie on 12/4/2011 4:58:35 AM

I have a TOTALLY messy room, i know that i have to clean it, and i know how, but i don't know where to start, a lot of it is junk or stuff i dont use. any advice??
ps, i have almost NO freetime!

Hey babe!

When you have some free time, make a pile of stuff to throw away and stuff to donate to charity. When you take all of the stuff out of the room that you don't need, you'll be surprised as to how much space you have! I think messy people need lots of organizers for them to put stuff in...ask your parents if they'll buy you organizing crates for you to put your accessories in! Good luck babes! xoxox
Devin A.

by 3m2016 on 11/11/2011 3:48:47 PM

I really want to decorate my room better, but its really tiny. The measurements are 9'x11'x12'. Can anyone help?

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by couturecub on 9/14/2011 12:21:39 AM

I have bunch of baseball caps lying on my floor and no room in my closet i want to hang them up but how should i do it????????

Hey girly,

If you have some extra space on your desk or another flat surface in your room, you can stack the hats. Or, you can hang them off a mirror or bed frame in your room. x0x0
Casey L.

by Sailingirl on 7/20/2011 10:16:18 AM

i live in a apartment with my mom and my sister i have a small bedroom but they have all these rules like you cant paint youre wall its wierd and my room is cluttered i need help on how to decorate it plllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssseeeeeeeeee hheeeeeeeeellllllllllppp me !

by raynell on 7/18/2011 4:12:15 AM

MOD!
So I have to share a room with my sis.... And we are trying to get her, her own room. But I would really like to start getting things ready for my room redo. I want it to be very versatile (i change my mind alot!) so Im using white as a base color (bedspread,furniture, walls) And the other colors i want are pink & orange. Is there any cheap (i have 4 siblings, and my parents have to buy back to school stuff) ideas that you could give me?
Thnxx!
Ashley(:

Helen S.

by babygirl1265 on 7/15/2011 4:54:37 PM

I think the traditional Recycling bins are GREEN! This wasn't much help anyway.
TabiB

by Bubblez9722 on 6/28/2011 8:42:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
HI, I share a room with my little sis(kinda have to) and she hates the colors i love and clutters up the room and i get in troble for it its totaly unfair how can i get my sis to stop the clutter? thx

Alyssa B.

by watsmyuser on 6/16/2011 8:48:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have a lot of trouble letting go of old clothes and stuff for some reason. That's why you can barely see the floor in my bedroom! Any ideas on reorganizing?

Hey girl!

A lot of people have trouble with this, too. You should go through your entire room and see what you have used in the past year or not. If you haven't used something in a while, then you probably aren't going to use it again so either toss it or donate it. Getting rid of old clothes may be difficult, but it'll make a lot more room for new ones! x0x0
casey l.

by Queen_of_Hearts on 6/16/2011 4:19:45 PM

Hey girls! I could use some help over at my page. I have a question posted. If anyone is interested in becoming a mini mod for me head on over because I need more advice than just one question Head on over ASAP!

by scooby239 on 6/6/2011 9:47:06 PM

MODMODMOD!!!
The email that I have for my current account is my sister's and she is unable to log in. I want to change the email to mine but it is on my account that i forgot the username and password to. Are mods able to delete accounts? If so how do I send GL the email to my other so that one can be deleted?

Hey babe,

Unfortunately we're unable to take account deletion requests at this time. The best thing to do is just to sign up for another account, or reset the password on your old account by clicking here!
Lauren C.

by crush2010 on 6/4/2011 12:29:55 PM

MODMODMOD
I have 2 Qs.
(1) What color nial polish should i use to go with a pretty blue dress?
(2)i have this annoying habit of playing with the ends of my hair during class or when i am watching tv. how do i get rid of this habit woth out replacing it with a new one?

Hey girl, 1) I'd say a pretty light pink would look lovely or orange for a bolder look. 2) That's hard, but it's all about resisting. If you catch yourself in the act, stop yourself and reinforce that behavior by rewarding yourself in some way. Set a challenge not to play with your hair, for example, and reward yourself if you follow through.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by KittyModel on 6/3/2011 12:35:52 AM

I'm redoing my room, and I actually bought a bunch of .45 cent records so I can hang them on my wall. If you like older music and need a cheap way to cover your walls, I've found this is a unique, cheap idea.

by primaverina on 6/2/2011 11:12:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD mod mod
I always feel at school like I have no really close friends or best friends or a friend group. I'm kind of floaty, going from group to group. I know that's not a bad thing, but how do I get close to a group of girls? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

I think the best way to get closer to girls from school is to hang out outside of school! Try thinking about what you have in common with each of your groups, then text/email/call someone to hang out doing something related to those interests. Go to the mall, grab lunch, see a movie, or have a sleepover. Whatever it is, making these types of memories outside of school will help you bond with the group! Smile
Lauren C.

by bubbles68 on 6/2/2011 8:04:45 PM

ok. so i want to redo my room this summer in different colors than they are now. the problem is, my grandma made me a quilt years ago for my room that is really pretty, but now i'm growing out of it. plus i want colors for my room. i don't want to seem rude to my grandma, and i know how much hard work she put into my quilt, but it's time for a change. what can i say so that it won't hurt her feelings but i still can redo my room how i want??? please help!! thanks Smile

by eco_chica on 6/2/2011 7:17:23 PM

Mod mod mod!!!
I am going on a field trip tomorrow with a bunch of water rides and i don't want my hair to get all messed up. My hair is about medium-shortish and when it gets wet it gets really curly and frizzy. I also have bangs that go straight across my face. What can i do to prevent my hair from becoming a train wreck?!-thanksSmile

Hey girlie,

You can do one of two things: 1) don't get it wet or, 2) prepare for it in advance by just wearing it up in a ponytail. I know you might rather wear it down and styled so you can look super cute, but sometimes it's better to beat your hair to the punch - instead of letting it get crazy, just tame it from the start Smile Try clipping your bangs back with bobby pins or barrettes, then pull your hair up into a ponytail or two pigtails (for a lil more uniqueness!). You can adjust it during the day to keep the ponytail fresh, but this way you won't have to worry about how it looks - you can just focus on having fun!
Lauren C.

by Princess6066 on 6/2/2011 5:40:00 PM

Hi!(:
So i really want a desk in my room because I'm going into high school next year & I think it will help me stay organized. The only problem? I need one thats cheap! My mom hates spending a lot of money, so preferably under $75 dollars... Any ideas on where to look? I would also like it to be white, but it doesnt matter too much....
Thank youuu!! <3

Hey girl!

I would try Ikea, Target or Walmart. You could also try to find something cheap at a garage sale too. Good luck!

danielle D.

danielle D.

by *dance_love_live* on 6/2/2011 4:02:01 PM

Great ideas! My mom works at The Container Store, so I can get cute buckets, shelves, jars, and whatever else I need, so my room can be clean. My room is a disaster right now, I definintly need some of these tips!

by caitlingirl1997 on 6/2/2011 1:27:48 PM

Need some new tracks to add to your iPod? Check out the Foreign Music Lovers! "Let the world become one through music." -RozeLina Mason

by diaroze on 6/2/2011 1:11:53 PM

by diaroze on 6/2/2011 1:11:47 PM

I could SO use the jewelery holder!So cute!Smile

by allyack_12 on 6/2/2011 2:03:40 AM

Mmoooodd!! Hi well I love all these ideas and I have already tried some of them but there is one little prob. My room is TINY!!!!! my bed is pretty big so it takes up ally of space as well ad my dresser and desk. Same with my closet TINYYY!!!Frown do u have any ideas how to arrange anything for my room there is a window as well as a small bookcase. Its painted pink with green blue and black decor. Pretty much anything will help I just want to like to hang out in my room! Thank u sooo much and I love all the advoce u guys or girls give...Smile

Hey Girl,

Although you can't change the size of your room, you can add some interesting pieces to make it feel more comfortable. Check out this link for an idea on how to spice up your room's decor! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/05/13/Redo-your-room-Craft-a-cool-lampshade.aspx

Kelly H.