12 HOURS AGO This #GLgirl gives you the scoop on gorg glowing skin: http://t.co/iY3iYtAtF7

16 HOURS AGO Currently swooning over these adorbs beach bags: http://t.co/GT2oH9Il1x

17 HOURS AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

COMMENTS

My friends aren't Christians

I know a lot of atheists, and I can’t help but get mad at them for not believing what I believe.

MOD MOD MOD PLEASE HELP!! my brother is 2 years younger then me but he is really mature. He acts like he's my age and he is a good friend. But almost every time one of my friends meet him they get a crush on him. my BFF even liked him for a year. How do I get my friends to stop doing this!

Hey girlie--I'm not sure if you can have control on who they like  They seem to be drawn to his mature attitude and unless he changes, I doubt they will.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by tapgirl01 on 6/3/2011 9:28:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD PLEASE MOD!
My friend, I'll call her "Sara," is really obnoxious. Her parents broke up, she's an only child, and she's under tons of stress, but she always complains and blames me for her problems. Every time we have to do a class project she tries to compete. She turns me into a rival. She also thinks that I stole her old BFF b/c her old BFF doesn't like her much anymore but (kinda a big issue)wants to be my friend (I like her but this complicates things)!Sometimes she's nice, but she always blames me for her issues and tries to do better than me. How can I tell her (nicely)that I don't cause her issues and that I'd rather not hear about this (I've got it pretty bad, too)?
Thanks so much!!!!! Smile

Hey girlie--tell her that it bothers you that she seems to find a way to blame you for everything that goes wrong and that you have it bad too, but you don't blame her or take things out on her because you guys are friends and it would be unfair to.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by THawesome! on 6/3/2011 5:10:38 PM

Why are you getting angered by other's lack of beliefs when it does not affect you? I'm sure that the Christian figure Jesus would not have bestowed so much judgement on others. I am an atheist, but that does not hamper my knowledge on religion, in fact, a study by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public life revealed that in most instances the non-religious know more about religion than religious people (We have to know what we are rejecting/disputing). Forcing your views on atheists is a lost cause because, most likely, they already have heard it before. Before you try to convert you should learn and follow the tenets of your religion first. You will understand why atheists reject religion when you discover why you don't believe in religions other than your own.

by soccaqueen16 on 6/3/2011 1:28:22 AM

I just don't see why you feel the need to make everyone Chrisitan or whatever. I'm Chrisitan, but I'm friends with an Atheist, three Hindus, and a Russian Orthodox (though I have no idea what she believe in exactly). You should be open to other's beliefs and accept them. I find other religions captivating.

by fudgemonkey on 6/3/2011 12:45:52 AM

I am a Catholic, not a strong one, but i want to strengthen my connection with God. if you aren't Catholic or Christian, hey, that's okay, as long as you believe in the same good attitudes and morals right? but remember that if you need something to hold on to, there is a God who will bring you into his arms and love you and forgive you(:

on the other hand...i see all religions somewhat as one. we all have our gods and ways we worship them and faith, but what it boils down to is the same morals, virtues, and mannerism. if your good to me, im good to you. if your not good to me, i'll only give you my respect.

by DanceFreak99 on 6/2/2011 9:05:13 PM

I'm Christian too and you guys can talk to me about anything. I run into this problem too of trying to tell atheists and I can give advice. And you atheists, even if you don't practice a religion, not hating or bad mouthing is being civil, not being a preacher.

by laughsalotsteph on 6/2/2011 7:29:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
how do you post a question? like if i wanted to send a question like this one (4 xample) in to GL how would i do it?

Hey chica! You can post your question as a comment on any of the posts!

Chelsea B.

by soccerlover99 on 6/1/2011 8:14:04 PM

I am not any religion. I do not believe in a god. I believe that there is a panel of different people (male, female, gay, straight, transgender, white, black, asian, jewish, muslim etc. it doesn't matter as long as they are good people) and when a person dies they take a look at all the things in that person's life: all the hardships they've gone through and all the nice things they've done and then they make a group decision to let the person into heaven if the good outweighs the bad.....which for most people it does.

@oceanlover69
Just so you know racist isn't used to describe people against a certain religion. Its people who don’t accept different races. The word prejudice would be the correct term because that covers a variety of things that people can base their opinions on such as religion, or sexuality, or weight.

by teardrops on my jazz shoes on 6/1/2011 6:24:11 PM

I understand that sometimes it can be upsetting when you are around a bunch of people who have totally different beliefs than you, but you have to learn to accept it. And I disagree with everyone who says just try to convince them to become Christians. That doesn't work. Just as you have a strong faith in what you believe in, so do others. If someone else tried to convince you to believe in what they believe in, wouldn't you be annoyed and upset? I'm guessing yes, so you really have no business doing it to other people. There are always going to be people who disagree with you, but you have to learn to love and accept people despite these differences.

by supersingershannon on 6/1/2011 3:08:25 PM

Christians are not the only pushy ones. The atheist I know ALWAYS!!! Trys to make me atheist!

by graciecab on 6/1/2011 12:30:34 PM