5 HOURS AGO RT @kelliberglund: So this insane basket of candy from @girlslifemag will be the death of me 🍭🍉 is this a good or bad thing..? http://t.cpic.twitter.com/JZOK8EZ3IB/…

6 HOURS AGO So you have an online crush—now what? http://t.co/eBmMKqi04G

9 HOURS AGO Rock earrings—without the piercing part: http://t.co/rbL8f0elte

COMMENTS

First day freak-out fix-its

If heading back to school has ya breakin' out in hives, check out our best tips to help you keep your cool!

hey! if you guys love harry potter, totally join my club, "calling all harry potter lovers!" <3

by chillaxingirlie98 on 8/18/2011 2:35:06 PM

Hey girls! Love music? Join my new club Songwriters Music Club! See ya there! xoxo

by Duffawuff on 8/18/2011 2:01:01 PM

i'm mostly worried about drama...7th grade year was ruined by some mean people but i'm going to try my best to just focus on friends and school workSmile

by roxibaby420 on 8/18/2011 1:27:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
I've got some trouble; due to some last minute vacation planning, I'm missing the first week of school. I'm going to be a freshman this year, and I have to skip orientation as well.
I only know where the auditorium is, and that because I'm a student in the music department, my locker will be in the hallway next to the auditorium.
I get my schedule next week, which is the week I leave, and I won't come back until the Sunday after the first week of school. I'm very stressed out about this and my parents can't get new tickets. Do you have any suggestions, aside from the map?
Thank you very much in advance!

Hey girl!

Try calling your school and telling them what's up. Ask them if you could come in early on your first Monday and maybe someone (a principal, teacher, friend, upperclassmen) could give you a tour and help you find your classes so that you know where you're going. If that's not possible, ask a friend to show you around as you walk to your classes. Don't stress out about it. If you end up getting lost on your first day, just ask someone to help you find out where you're supposed to be!
Katelyn L.

by biskii on 8/18/2011 12:04:14 PM

modmodmod
Next year I'm taking one AP class, two science classes- both honors,all honors classes and I have to do this MYP project which is a project that you can do anything (write a book, community service, build something etc) but it lasts the whole year and I don't know how I'm going to keep up with all the work thank you

Hey chica!

Try making a schedule for each day. When you'll work on your MYP project, what time you'll do your homework each night, when you'll set aside time on the weekends for studying, stuff like that. It will keep you on track and focused. Good luck!
Katelyn L.

by superstarlala on 8/18/2011 11:50:05 AM

I am going into eighth grade this year, at the same 7th to 8th grade school as last year. There are a lot of changes this year, including a new principle. I am not nervous about any of this, except for lunch. This year, lunch is the entire eighth grade, and nobody else.
I am fairly popular, and have a lot of friends. The problem is, this means that I have two large groups of friends, one of which has been my group since 3rd grade and have stuck with each other. They always fight, and are very negative.
I do not want to be stuck sitting with people I don't really want to be with, but I don't want to make them mad by sitting with my new (better) friends. What should I do?
I'm sorry that this is so long.

Hey girl.

I would say do what you want to do. You have to make yourself happy. It doesn't mean that you should forget your old friends altogether. After all, you have been friends with them for awhile. You could alternate sitting with the different groups. There are no rules that say you have to sit at the same table every single day. So sit where you want to sit! But don't forget your old friends.
Katelyn L.

by Colierox on 8/18/2011 11:40:15 AM

Mod: My friend is mad at me and wont accept my apoligy and i have apologized so many times! should i forget about her because shes mad at me for no reason or wait for her to come around?

Hey chica!

Sorry about your situation. If you've apologized, there's nothing any more that you can do. The ball's in her court now. I'd just give it time and see if she comes around. If she gets angry because she says "you're not trying," tell her you apologized and wanted to give her space to cool off. If she doesn't come around, it's not your fault. You tried and did what you could.
Katelyn L.

by FairyKari on 8/18/2011 11:18:29 AM

Mod: My teachers for this year are supposedly really mean! What can i do to get on there good side?

Hey girl.

The number one tip I can give you is to always do your work to the best of your ability and make sure you turn it in on time. Teachers love students that try their hardest on every assignment and are always prepared. Try not to talk too much during class, because it might upset them.
Katelyn L.

by FairyKari on 8/18/2011 11:16:01 AM

I'm a freshman and I'm not so much worried as excited. There are gonna be so many new kids! I can be myself and make new friends and they can't judge me based on the past. But, I am in all honors so I'm kinda nervous about that...I'm doing dance and acting and I also want to try out for some teams and join a club or two...I hope I can do all that!

by millina*girl on 8/18/2011 10:13:16 AM

MODS!!! i need to deside really fast if i wanna switch schools (from private to public, freshman yr) The reasons I'd switch are mostly for social reaqsons (i'd have a better chance of dating, more friends... ect.) It absultely terrfies me tho cuz i know no one and i've dealt w/ not so nice ppl from there... At my school im safe and have plenty of friends (not the best always but, i'm nv alone) no worries( also very small chance of dating)... but i've been wanting to switch for some times... are switching for a better chance of having a bf and more friends a good enough reason to go thorugh all this stress??? idk was it worth it for you?

Hey girl!

I don't think that switching for a BF is ever a good idea, whether you already have on or are trying to find one. You can always meet someone from another school and date them. But I don't think that you should uproot your whole life from one school and move to another just because you want a boyfriend and new friends. You have your whole life to meet guys and have boyfriends. Just enjoy life where you are with who you have in it for right now!
Katelyn L.