AN HOUR AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 snag @JFClothing's tight new tee: http://t.co/VrmynrJwjF

2 HOURS AGO 20 major fashion fails: http://t.co/T7nMCBwQDd

14 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

COMMENTS

Take the Straight But Not Narrow back-to-school pledge!

Support your LGBTQ classmates with a pledge...

decklandog Thank you.I told one of my friends that I was bi,and she said "No offense,but I think that's a bit slutty.Can you decide to either be straight or gay?"
I'm not even kidding.

by rainbowssparklesdesu on 11/23/2012 1:11:10 PM

I would take this pledge,but I can't.Im not straight XD

by rainbowssparklesdesu on 11/23/2012 1:09:41 PM

hey! I would love to have one of the shirts SBNN. And my college needs someone with this message through. What can I do to get one? I think it's very important that young people of today we realize that we are all just people. Smile  Carrie R.

by Elenagc15 on 7/16/2012 10:30:22 AM

Ultimately, for me, "gay" will never work as an insult because an insult is something that is bad. Being gay is not bad. To the individual saying "what has our world come to?!", homosexuality is present in hundreds of animal species. It has been around since the ancient Greeks, and in fact several Greek gods had relationships with other males. I think it's wonderful that the world is becoming more accepting. Our world has not come to anything but people coming to a better awareness of LGBTQ+ people. Did you choose to like boys, for those of you who do? I think not. And same with anyone in the spectrum. You can't choose who you love. But you can choose not to hate someone because of who they are or who they love.

by The_Lorax on 3/15/2012 10:11:16 PM

YES! Okay this is for all of you haters out there: Do you know what kind of impact you are making by putting your "opinion" out there? It's fine to disagree with the concept of it but please keep your hateful comments to yourself. And don't deny that you have been hateful! And PLEASE, don't say that God would want them to not exist. I mean hello? I'm catholic and go to a catholic school. Kids hurt themselves over peer cruelty. Have you even read the news or are you too busy thinking about how "wrong" it is??? I mean, NEWSFLASH??? People can't help it if they are gay, lesbian, bi or anything. And it's not like you can change it! It is disgusting the way that some of you have reacted to this peaceful and wonderful article/pledge. Once again, if you have replied that you are not taking the pledge or disagree I'm cool with that, but saying its "WRONG, WRONG, WRONG"?-Please, get a hold of yourself,you know who you are!

by decklandog on 10/8/2011 4:08:04 PM

I'm not going to take this pledge because I'm not for it. But I don't bully people for it because I believe you have a right to do and think whatever you want. And I really,really don't want to be rude but I don't think people are being haters because they don't believe what you believe. I'm so sorry if that hurt anyone's feelings! I love everyone,promise Smile

by iluvmusic♥ on 9/4/2011 10:25:45 PM

I dont like care like im not someone who draws attention to it... i just want the people to be happy!

by AppleFrizzle22 on 8/31/2011 10:39:43 PM

Do you watch So You Think You Can Dance, the popular T.V. show that showcases talents of dancers across the country? Are you totally in love with it? Join the SYTYCD Fan Club and share your thoughts on the dancers, judges, and anything related to dance. Visit my profile to get the deets!

Smile

by Cailin2006 on 8/30/2011 2:28:58 PM

I love this pledge! I think it's AMAZING that GL's spreading the world about acceptance! I am not gay, but I believe very strongly in acceptance for LGBT people. I think people need to get it through their thick skulls that people are gay, and there's nothing you can do about it, so why not accept it? Smile

by maddie1999 on 8/29/2011 9:03:26 PM

Imma take that pledge! I agree people at my school say being gay is wrong when its not!

by fashionlife on 8/29/2011 8:49:33 PM

yeah i'm all 4 equality but i think haters shud keep to themselves tho!!!

by decklandog on 8/29/2011 8:26:16 PM

religion has nothing to do with it, if there is a god out there he/she is forgiving to all, and loves everyone, no matter wut religion they r, or sexuality, there are so many ppl struggling with wanting to be gay and religious, but y wood god give us all we have, and a person to unconditionally love us forever, and not want those ppl in love to spend all eternity together. i dont know what god other ppl worship, but mine is loving and excepting to everyone and i doubt that any god wood hate someone becuz of who they love

by guitargirl7321 on 8/29/2011 8:12:05 PM

i dont agree what they say i dont bully people or any of that stuff but that homosexual stuff is wrong,wrong,wrong,wrong!!!!!!!!!! Smile

by rdorrow on 8/29/2011 7:38:03 PM

I COMPLETELY agree with @hannahisnotmyname

by oceanlover69 on 8/29/2011 7:28:45 PM

this is such a great idea!!!

here on GL the clubs "We R Heros!" and "Cody Simpson: DEFEAT THE LABEL!!" actually deal with stuff like bullying! if you want to help make a change, check out these clubs!!

also check out my profile & clubs!
thnx!

by briblue3 on 8/29/2011 4:26:23 PM

I think dont think we should bully anyone for their views so I say take a pledge not to be mean to anyone including gays, lesbians or straight. But it does seem like a lot of groups and websites are out there letting you know about girl girl and guy guy relationships and sexual lifestyles. Just look at Glee when they were talking about gay guy sexual stuff and PLL with the girlx2 fling going on.

by luckykel on 8/29/2011 4:19:18 PM

I would take this! Whatever you think is wrong and right is up to you, but I think all people should be kind to one another no matter how different your feelings are. There's no need to make anyone's life difficult because of who they love.

by mgw11898 on 8/29/2011 3:30:11 PM

I do nt believe in homosexual behavior or gay marriaages, and for that reason i will not be taking the pledge. I do not bully them, but i beleie marriage shoul be ebtween a m and a women. You sould hve made this pledge just against bullying and let the gay part out of it, there are many people that won't be pledging beause of their religion.

by hannahismyname on 8/29/2011 2:20:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I would love to join I am very passionate about equality. but how do you do it? like what are the deets and what do u do? do you have to post a video to be part of the pledge?

Hey babe,

This is mostly a vow that you make to yourself and your friends - a promise that you will be tolerant every step of the way. But if you click on the website in the article - http://www.wearesbnn.com/#!join-us - you'll be able to check out all the ways you can get further involved. You can upload a vid of you and your besties repeating the pledge, join an existing club, and more. So proud of you for wanting to do more!!!!
Lauren C.

by beachgirl324 on 8/29/2011 10:07:02 AM

anyone who doesn't like it is a terrible person. people can love who they want.

by nov20 on 8/28/2011 10:58:25 PM

***************************************************
Hey girls!
Do you need advice?
I'm here to help! (:
Just comment on my profile, and I'll comment on yours, asap!
I can give you advice on just about everything, soooo, comment please! (:

********************************************************

by facebooker1240 on 8/28/2011 10:23:15 PM

Sounds like a great pledge. I am moving to a new school and i'm not even sure where my classes are otherwise I would totally be setting up a table and making a video. You don't have to believe in their lifestyle, or even support it fully, but come on people, you can say your not a bully but if you offend or ever say "thats so gay" in an offensive way you are bullying everyone. We all live on this planet, we all have different beliefs, religions, styles, hobbies, why should who you like effect that. I'm catholic and I support everyone on this earth. Just if you don't think anyone is gay, lesbian, by, or even transgender, you never know, they could be in the closet. So don't hate on this or anyone. I'm not saying you have to take the pledge, its just a pledge, but think about it, hard. It's their lifestyle and they struggle everyday with it. Show love and support. Notice how its not a support straight pledge? You didn't choose to be straight you just are. So choose love, not hate. <3

by Love_Your_True_Beauty on 8/28/2011 10:22:36 PM

i agree beththebrave i dont believe in guy people guy marriages and all that its just wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Frown what has our world come to???????????

by rdorrow on 8/28/2011 9:54:54 PM

Of course I'll take it! I'm all for equality! I don't think anyone at my school is though..

by msleetaemin on 8/28/2011 9:20:30 PM

NOPE! i'm not taking that pledege! I love all people, but they aren't really gay, and I don'y believe that gay marriage is right.

by beththebrave on 8/28/2011 6:46:02 PM

I dont think I'd be able to take this pledge. Not because I am a bully (Im deffanantly not) and I bully people for their sexuality, looks or anything in general (because I dont) it's just I dont support the lifestyle of being homosexual so thats the main reason why I wouldn't do that. Plus we dont have this problem really at my school since saying no one at my school is gay...or at least anyone that I know of.

by *forevercollab* <3 on 8/28/2011 2:03:15 PM

I understand the LGBT part but whats the Q for???

by HaloAngel99 on 8/28/2011 2:00:56 PM

wow, tis ahrd trying to get ppl to say that in a catholics chool.

by kristadakota on 8/28/2011 1:41:12 PM