11 HOURS AGO Can we get a "yas" for this surfing pig? http://t.co/NKdXo1fHEB

13 HOURS AGO Listening to @BeaMiller #youngblood and wishing it was live like yesterday! #glfashbash

14 HOURS AGO Stripes, polka dots, or floral?! Find your perf print match here: http://t.co/lM41ZdRSJ6

COMMENTS

Prepping for "the talk"

Do I really need to sit through it with Mom and Dad if I already know what they’re gonna say?

Hey swearias, I guess I kind of know what it's like: I love taking care of babies. But enjoy your freedom while you can! Trust me, 12 is a great year! Think about this: you wouldn't be able to see your friends at all because whenever you have ANY time AT ALL it is spent with the baby. And trust me, you may think that "when the baby is sleeping I will" but noooo you will be EXHAUSTED so you will sleep too TRUST ME. Just enjoy being young! But while you are waiting, it sounds like babysitting is perfect for you! Take a class, the Red Cross provides a wonderful class that will help you understand, and it reassures the parents that you know what you are doing! Try to get the news out there, and ask your parents to tell their friends who have children. Trust me, after you watch a few kids for a while, you will love it, but at the end you will realize that you do not want that constantly. Always ask your parents before putting out an ad to people that you don't know! Hope I helped!

by mainbunny1 on 6/14/2012 6:03:35 PM

WHAT IS MOD!?

by swearias on 5/27/2012 12:14:49 AM

Im only 12 but i want a baby. I get that it'll cry all the time and that i have no time an are too young plus i have no bf to get my there but i WANT A CHILD

HELP PLZ and real help not blah blah adult answears

by swearias on 5/27/2012 12:00:48 AM

OMG!!!!!!! I am freaking out I am in sixth grade almost seventh and I have not gotten my period yet! I am scared! I have discharge,pit hair, pubic hair I just havent had my period all my friends have gotten I want it so bad. I am scared about getting it in school help me please!!!!

by Glitter Dolphins on 5/12/2012 6:09:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Hey, uhhh, so puberty Ed starts next week and I don't want stuff to get awkward, uuuuuhh what should I do?

Hey girl,

It's a normal part of public school, and I'm sure everyone else is feeling as awkward as you are! Everyone has to go through it, so it will be fine Smile

Meghan D.

by guy gal on 5/11/2012 10:43:05 PM

Sometimes taking about it is easier than we think....

There are a lot of opportunities to talk with our moms about sex. With my mom, since there seems to be a lot of news about sex and teens, when we are together and hear it on tv or the radio we sometimes talk about it. Like this week we heard that teen pregnancy is the lowest its ever been in decades. And then they talked about how many of us are on birth control and how more and more guys are using condoms. So then we just started talking about it. That is a good way to start.

by luckykel on 4/12/2012 11:31:52 PM

whenever I try to ask my mom about sex I get scared and don't tell her but its killing me not asking her what should I do

by Tay j on 3/12/2012 7:19:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD. what is the average age that girls are supposed to know/ get taught about sex? im not sure if i am too young. p.s. not like i really want to know that stuff. it scares me

Hey babe,

There is no average age.  It's really whenever you're ready to learn about it.  Some schools take it upon themselves to teach it in Health classes.
Jordan S.

by katieoct30 on 3/12/2012 5:52:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD~♥
Okay,so i really like this guy,and I told my bestie,but she asked him if he liked me. He said yes,but he's afraid to ask me out,I Want to ask him,but I Don't wanna seem desperate.
HELP??

I suggest you talk to him. Just casually start a convo and get to know him. If hes more comfortable with you then he'll be more willing to ask you out. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by jjgirl1013 on 2/26/2012 7:36:01 PM

Hey spencer9800, I think some high schools include sex education as part of their cirrculum. I went to an arts high school but my friend who went to a public one took those classes. Hope this helps! Xoxo

by Lynae P. on 2/25/2012 8:14:13 PM