4 HOURS AGO Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/5YPicHugUv

5 HOURS AGO Find out your body confidence: #GLQuizzes http://t.co/rxV4mmtlqo

6 HOURS AGO Keep those brows in check! Follow these tricks on how to keep up with them: http://t.co/MaRLHigakT

COMMENTS

Boy crazy? Here's how not to annoy your friends

Guy crazed? Your bestie might not be. Here's how to cope...

mod!mod!mod! hi i have an outty belly button, im going to great wolf lodge for spring break and already bought a binki i was wondering if that was weird and if i should take the bonki back and buy a tanki or a one piece?? plz help thx

Hey haileygab, no not at all. Everyone doesn't have an iny belly button. I'm sure you won't be the only one with your belly button. And no one should be staring that hard at it any lol. Have fun! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by haileygab on 2/24/2012 5:47:22 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD! Ok so I like this kid and I want to get his attention, so how do I do that, and by the way we are going to be in the same health class this upcoming semester what do I do?

Hey babe,

Awesome! Having a class together is a great chance to get to know someone better...and to start flirting Smile Read this article for tips on catching your crush's eye - I think it'll really help!

by miz99 on 12/31/2011 9:33:54 PM

MODMOD
So I posted a mod a week ago, and I can't find it! I've gone through all the articles, but it's not there! How do i find it again???

Lynae P.

by dreamgirl9177 on 12/2/2011 8:24:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Okay so last weekend when my best friend, her boyfriend and I were hanging out, her boyfriend kept mistaking my name for hers. Does that mean he was thinking about me? what does it mean?

Hey babe!

This dude might just be bad with names! I don't think it means anything Frown xoxox

by girlslifekmt101 on 12/2/2011 4:10:22 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!

Hey babe!

It could mean he was thinking about you, or it could just mean the dude's bad with names! In the long run, I don't think it means too much. xoxox

by girlslifekmt101 on 12/2/2011 4:09:57 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!
This guy that i liked for over a year were in all of the same classes last year, he would walk to classes together when his best friend was sick, he would tease me, and he flat out said in front of our art table that my eyes were beautiful, but this year we're in none of the same classes (except chorus) and we don't talk much anymore. I still like him, so what do I do?
Thank you for helping, Gabby.

Lynae P.

by singingintherain on 11/30/2011 5:30:56 PM

MOD!!MOD!!MOD!!
Ok so my BFF is in my art class, and so is my BF and today my BF and i were talking and my BFF comes up and says "have you kissed her yet?" and made it REALLY REALLY akward and after class i calmly told her that i didn't feel comfortable with her saying that and i understand she was trying to help and all but it seemed unessescary at the time and shes been meddling around ALOT lately but my feeling is this is MY relationship not hers

Hey Chica,

It's good that you calmly talked to your BFF about why you were uncomfortable with her saying that, so if she is still meddling around, you need to talk to her again. Tell her that while you appreciate her caring about your relationship, she shouldn't make your relationship her priority. But more importantly, think about why your BFF is doing this. Maybe you've been neglecting her and spending more time with your BF. It's easy to get sucked into a relationship, but try setting aside some time for you and your bestie to hang out, guy-free.
Rachel N.

by calidawg13 on 11/29/2011 10:53:05 PM

ok so idk what to do so im just going type my problem out!!!!!!!!! ok so i started dating a guy and i really liked him and we hung out over the weekend and u know he had his arm around me and all that but for somereason i just dont rlly like him anymore! dont get me wrong i still do a little bit but not rlly and i kinda like another guy and i think i like him more :/ and i still have feelings for my freaking ex!! im rlly scared ppl will judge me on my descionsion :/ and the guy im dating rlly likes me so ill feel like a biych wen (or if) i break up with him but theres a very slight possibliity that the other guy who i like will like me bk.. (no shot with my ex lol) and ill feel like im lying to myself (and the guy im dating) if i keep dating him... advice..??!!

by artistgrrrrrl on 11/29/2011 8:39:26 PM

guys check me out all the time in front of my friends and they sometimes get jelous

by greekprincess98 on 11/29/2011 8:26:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I like this guy and we talk alot. we are good friends and when we were talking, my BFF was making kisses and hearts behind me. I told him and he laughed and said that would never happened i smiled but i felt really sad inside. what should i do?

Hey girl, I know it's rough, but don't let it hurt you too much. So he may not be interested in you like that, but he still likes you as a friend. So hang in there and know not every guy will be like him, promise!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by sydneyshort11 on 11/28/2011 7:10:11 PM

MODMODMOD!
theres this kid that i sit near in language arts and everybody says he likes me and he also shows it. the bad thing is, i don't like him back! i think he might ask me out. if he does how can i say no without hurting him?

Hey girl, just tell him you're not looking for a boyfriend right now. Tell him you love being his friend though and you'd hate to lose that. xoxo
Alyssa B.

by sydneyshort11 on 11/28/2011 6:40:26 PM

hi, my friend recently broke up with her boyfriend and i think i like him. everybody says we look cute together,but idk. one of my freinds who is also a friend of his asked him if he liked me and she told me he just said as a friend. we are n the same home room at school and talk a lot, but after my freind popped the question hes kind of ignoring me... HELP

by epsmisaacson01 on 11/28/2011 6:22:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
this girl guessed who i like, she was right. i had decided early that week not to lie so i told her she was right. then she told the kid i like that i like them! now it seems like everyone knows! so if i try to talk to the kid i like someone will say something. i loved the way it was before he knew, when he would actually talk to me and flirt! how do i get things back to the way they used to be!? please help!!! thank you Smile
-mckey101

Hey girlie,

Just try to be relaxed and laid back! The hard part is over - he knows now, so you don't have to pretend, flirt, try to get his attention, etc. Now, you just have to be yourself! Don't expect him to profess his love for you or ask you out. Instead, just have normal convos with him about normal stuff, like his sports team, homework, etc. Since it seems like he isn't the problem (it sounds like it's your friends instead), try snagging one-on-one convo time through texts or online. I'm sure all the fuss about this crush will die down as time goes by - people are just gossipy and sooo excited that they got a new piece of juicy info. Once they get bored with it, they'll move on to something else Smile

by mckey101 on 11/26/2011 11:27:14 PM

MOD
There is this guy who sits by me in Lit and i think that he likes me. I have a crush on him too. I'm in 8th grade and so if he "asked me out" it means like we sit by each other at lunch. But, if my mom found out, she would ground me. She thinks that it is inappropriate for people my age to be "dating". So what should I do? if he asks for my number, should i give it to him?

Hey chica,

Giving him your number doesn't equal dating - and neither does sitting together at lunch, really! So breathe easy and, if you wanna hand over your digits, go for it.

You should be honest with mom and, if she asks, tell her you're crushin' on this guy at school. Tell her you've become good friends and sit together at lunch, and he seems pretty cool. But nowhere in there do you really have to say you're dating - because you're not going out on dates, hanging secretly at his house, etc. Smile

by trackgirl101 on 11/26/2011 9:14:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm a freshman and there's a senior who may like me (I've heard and I can kinda tell). I wouldn't mind going out with him... How do I get his number? I don't want to straight up ask for it, because I don't know him that well and it ma come off as a creep fish... I really wanna text him ;) if I knew he were into me, I know I would definitely feel the same, but I just don;t know how to start a convo with him... He LOVES to joke around sooooooooooooooooooooooo..... HELP!

Lynae P.

by snickie on 11/26/2011 7:18:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD!

Lynae P.

by snickie on 11/26/2011 6:53:03 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!
I have a friend who LOVES to brag bout how guys always look at her flirt with her and all that stuff. Sometimes I think she makes some of it up just to keep bagging about herself. I don't think she tries to make other ppl feel bad when she talks she just loves talkin bout how guys lov her. Sometimes I think she does it to make herself feel better but she comes across as a bragged It gets SO annoying!? Btw I am not jealous or loose my confidence or anything when she talks bout it. It is just so annoying! How can I nicely tell her to stop bragging?? Thanks!!!0

Hey girl, unfortunately you just have to be honest! I know a lot of people who do that, still. I just have to be honest and tell them that you need them to stop talking like that because you don't appreciate her talking about that all the time. Or sometimes just quickly change the subject when she goes on about boys!
lauren r.

by Deedles1621 on 11/26/2011 2:29:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I just txted my friend and told her who i liked after she asked. She reponded "aww thats adorable.." and now she wont txt me at all. I waited a few hours txted her and she wont respond. Is she mad at me because i told her who i liked? Please help!! Thanks so much!!

Hey girlie,

I doubt it! She's probably just busy and not able to respond. Give it a day and, if you don't hear from her by tomorrow afternoon, try giving her a call. Say something like, "Heyyy, is everything ok? You were soo quiet last night!" Don't assume anything - let her tell ya Smile

by paramoregurl on 11/25/2011 8:18:07 PM

I'm 14 now. All of my friends are either in a relationship, in a "fling", or has BEEN in a relationship. I feel left out and I'm weirded out with the fact that I haven't ever been in a relationship, just flings. All the guys that I become close with just love me as a friend, and treat me like I'm their little sister. The older boys (1-2 years older) that I meet and get close with just think I'm a cute little sister. I know this shouldn't matter to me at this age, but what can I do to distract myself from this worry?

Hey girlie,

Some girls get super lucky and, when they're young, they meet a guy who becomes a longterm BF. But other girls spend more time searching! This could be because they're more picky, they have different likes/dislikes, or fate has different plans for them. Trust me - it will happen for you! It's not like you don't have crushes or "flings" - you just haven't found a guy who is worth a big commitment. And that's totally fine! Instead of dwelling on this, focus on other things. Hang out with your friends, take advantage of their BFs and meet their guy friends (crush potential FTW!), pay attention to your clubs and classes, etc. Just make sure you're putting yourself out there, flirting, etc. and I promise, that guy you're waiting for will come Smile

by DiamondNinja on 11/25/2011 8:15:23 PM

MOD!!
Thanks Lauren C. Smile That should hopefully help alot Smile One more question. Both of our parents are kinda strict when it comes to the dating thing even though we're both 15. Any ideas on how to hang out more or go on dates that would be "parent" approved? Or how to convinve our rents that we're mature enough to handel it? Any suggestion would help Smile

Hey girlie,

Try asking them if there are any "parent approved" date ideas you could use. Tell them you really want their input because they mean a lot to you! (That'll make them feel good.) Ask them if you could bring him over for dinner one night so they could get to know him better and see all the amazing qualities you like about him. That way, they'll feel involved, better informed, and will trust you because you're being open about it with them. That might make them a little bit more likely to be on your side Smile

by pati5dance on 11/25/2011 8:01:46 PM

Mod!
I think this guy likes me. Two of my friends said they saw him sneaking glances at me. I don't know because he doesn't seem like he would like me. He went skiing with me two days ago even though I'm a really bad skier and he said that I did really well. Does he like me or does he not?

Hey girlie,

Just based on this info, I can't tell if he likes you or not! Try to talk to him somehow - online, in person around a group of friends, etc. Get to know him better (and let him get to know you). You'll have a better chance of figuring him out if you are closer to him!

by Jetdoggy24 on 11/25/2011 7:57:22 PM

MOD!!!
So I've been dating this guy for two months, almost three. There's gonna be a winter formal at school soon and of course, we're going together. I REALLY want him to kiss me, and I think he wants too as well. So how can I show him that he doesn't have to be afraid and if he wants to kiss me he can? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Hey chickie,

No problem! There is a really easy way to hint that you'd like to take your relationship to the next level...be a bit more affectionate! Before the dance and on your way to it, put your hand lightly on his back as you're walking, on his arm, or against his leg. Try holding hands as you go into the dance! If he says something funny or gives you a sweet compliment, say "Oh, thank you!" and lean in to give him a light hug/subtle kiss on the cheek. All these things will let him know that you're comfortable around him and that you'd be totally fine with a kiss! Smile

by squizzcute on 11/25/2011 7:38:04 PM

Lol! Too bad they didn't have this when my sister was 15.

by CHLOE<3 on 11/25/2011 7:37:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!
Hello! I love how you "mods" always help people and give the best advice. I so want to help people,and all my besties say that I give great advice.I was wondering, could I be a "mod"? If yes, how?

Hey babe,

If you're 18 years old (or older), click here and scroll down to the "WHERE" section for all the details. If you're almost 18, hang in there - you can apply soon! If you're younger, don't worry. Try starting an Advice Queen club and offering your advice to girls on the site!

by squizzcute on 11/25/2011 7:14:58 PM

MOD !!
Hey so I like this guy N and he likes me back. We can't date yet, cause he has to get an A on a test first, but we're going to. Today he kissed me Smile The only thing is I'm not exactly too sure what to do during a kiss.... do you move your lips, are your eyes open or what? I'm so so confused. Also we want to hang more but both of our parents are kinda strict with "dating" any suggestions???
Thanks so so so much Smile btw we're both 15

Hey chica,

Haha, kisses are totally mind-boggling...til you do it a few times! Then you feel way more comfy with them. Slowly close your eyes as you move closer to each other, then keep your eyes closed during the kiss. Try lightly puckering your lips but keeping them soft and relaxed. Don't move your lips during the kiss, but you can vary the length of each kiss by pulling away slightly, then tilting your head and kissing again. Relax and go with the flow...trust me, it'll feel totally natural after you do it more often!

by pati5dance on 11/25/2011 6:56:05 PM

So.........my friend likes guy and my other friends likes him too. The first friend is a sort-of player/heartbreaker who likes multiple other guys at our school. The second girl is a tomboy(kinda) and this is her FIRST crush. They both are mad at each other and want me to pick sides. You might think I should pick the second girl. But sometimes, she is so mean, bossy, and rude. But, I think it's sweet she likes this guy. Now, there's my first friend well she gave me a really cool ipod for my Birthday but I mean she likes 10 different guys at our school and I bet half of them like her back. Can I have your advice on this? Please! Smile <3

by ButterflyGirl18 on 11/25/2011 6:23:47 PM

thanks again for the advice about the dress, ill be sure to try them!
also, im going over to my bf's house tomorrow night (we've been dating for 2 weeks, but we've been best friends for like, ever so dont judge that haha) & i was wondering if u had any advice on what we could do! he came over last weekend for dinner at my house & we played wii & just hung out afterwards.. he has a webcam & i was thinking we could take some pictures because we have like no pictures together..any other ideas? ill be there for about 3 hours. thanks!Smile

Hey babe,

Cute! Having a little photoshoot could be totally fun Smile You could also watch a holiday movie, play cards/board games/video games, online "window shop" for stuff he wants for Christmas, etc. Try not to plan out the entire 3 hours - instead, let it progress naturally and you'll find stuff to do! <3

by aleesha7 on 11/25/2011 6:04:18 PM

MOD!!
I started dating this guy and my parents don't like him. So I'm not aloud to see him over the weekend or anything. idk what to do because now my bf says things probably won't work out if he can only see me at school. I worked really hard to finally get together with him and now my parents might ruin it.

Hey girl,

I saw your other MOD too, about being afraid of him hurting you again. So you're working against two things - trusting him and your parents not approving. So tough Frown Basically, you're going to have to work hard in order to make this work! If you're not allowed to see him on the weekend, tell him you'll be extra good about texting, answering his calls, and catching up over the weekend so you don't drift apart. Then you can see each other all week at school, possibly spend time together after school doing homework together, and spend the weekend doing your own things. Every couple needs some space apart so they can be independent and live their own lives, so this could actually be a good thing! <3 As for worrying he's going to leave you again...that takes lots of trust and faith in order to rise above it. You won't ever be SURE he won't hurt you, but you have to trust that he's in this relationship for the right reasons and that he cares about you. Don't sabotage something great just because you're nervous - try to just enjoy the ride and have fun with him!

by fashionexpert on 11/25/2011 5:39:27 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!
My mom said that she doesn't think that girls my age (i'm 13) should be wearing push up bras. But I've heard from a lot of my friends that they are really co!mfortable. I'm samll enought so that a small push up bra won't make a difference unless I wear a really low cut shirt. What should I say to get my mom to at least let me try wearing one? I can't even tell the difference between a push up bra and regular bra on my friends... and they're the same size as me. I would really just like to try one. Thx in advance!

Hey girlie,

When you go shopping for a bra with her, try on different kinds - push up and regular. Show her what they look like under a normal tee-shirt, then consult her on which you should buy. Let her know which one is more comfy, which fits better, which you think looks better with your clothes. But since she's paying (and since she's your mom), you gotta trust her judgment and respect her decision. Honestly, push up bras are a lil inappropriate at 13 if they make your chest look dramatically bigger. You're still growing - and you also don't want to attract the wrong kind of attention. A lined bra with underwire could make you feel just as confident, without causing drama between you and your mom Smile

by pebo11 on 11/25/2011 5:18:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Ok so theres a dance coming up in december..and i realllyyy like this guy and i want to go to the dance with him. Well we are already friends but we dont talk that much except to say one of our inside jokes or something. Do you have any tips on how to become even more friendly with him so maybe we can go to the dance togther?? Please help!! Thanks so much! <3

Hey girlie,

Just try to turn those "sometimes convos" into longer, more lively chat sessions! You could also catch up with him online - just instant message him and have a light hearted convo about school, homework, how excited you are about the dance. Stepping it up a little bit will make a big difference!

by paramoregurl on 11/25/2011 5:17:26 PM

I got a cute short strapless black dress as a hand me down, but the problem is, its too big. im not sure when i would wear it, but i might be able to make it a bit more casual with leggings or something. (so basically i could dress it up or down) any ideas on anything to do to make it so it fits me better? thanks!Smile

Hey babe!

You can try to shrink it in the dryer. If that doesn't work, you can try to use it as a skirt by wearing a long sleeve sweater on top, or putting a cardigan over it. Or use a belt to draw the attention towards your thin waist! xoxox

by aleesha7 on 11/25/2011 4:58:54 PM

Ok so my bf's birthday is on December 15 and its also going to be our 3 month anniversary. But i have absolutely no idea what to get him! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance(:

Hey babe!

I think you should get him a date for his birthday! Maybe buy him concert tickets, or a bunch of DVDs he's wanted to see and popcorn. You'll make a memory together - and that's the perfect gift! xoxox

by cottoncandy_xoxo on 11/25/2011 4:56:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD ok so since Christmas is coming up, I just got a boyfriend and on December 25th it will be one month and 2 days so what can I get him for a present? I always have troubles cing up with ideas! Thank you!!

Hey babe!

Since you haven't been dating for that long, I think you should give him another date - concert tickets, movie tickets, a picnic basket and blanket, whatever. He'll really appreciate the fact that you want to make future memories together! xoxo

by Dancer1846 on 11/25/2011 4:34:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
OK! Here's my prob: I have a middle school winter dance coming up on December 10th. I want to buy a dress...but when my older sister was in middle school, she never bought a dress for any of her dances. But that's becuz when she was in middle school, the girls never dressed up! I don't want her to get mad when I come home with a dress.
The dress that I'm getting is only $15 so it's not expensive! How do I tell her without making her mad? I really want her to help me with my makeup...but she won't do that if she's mad!
Haley

Hey girl!

I don't think your sister will be mad - I'm sure she'll understand that your school has changed a little bit, and she's probably bought some dresses for her high school dances. Good luck and have fun! xoxox

by fungirl123 on 11/25/2011 4:20:34 PM

I like this guy......A LOT! But, i'm not allowed to date. help?

Hey babe!

Why don't you sit the 'rents down and ask them to rethink their rule? Explain why you think you're mature enough to date and how great this guy is. Show them you're more responsible by picking up more chores around the house. Good luck! xoxox

by ButterflyGirl18 on 11/25/2011 3:18:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
How long does it take for my profile to be moderated???

Hey babe!

It kind of depends on the day. You profile will be up soon! xoxox

by vanessa__rocks on 11/25/2011 3:09:59 PM

MOD MOD I had a friend who kept talking about this guy she really liked but no one else liked him but her including me and I was her best friend so it got really annoying and it turns out he ended up liking a different girl than her who all the other boys in my school liked . Then she caused a bunch of drama because somebody told him she liked him and he said he didn't like her. Arr there anyways I could get her to move on because me and a bunch of other people are sick of her talking about him .

Hey babe!

You could always introduce her to someone else....or you could hand her a pint of ice cream, watch some sappy movies, and tell her this is the last time you'll ever speak his name as a group of friends. Good luck! xoxox

by Pinkkitty13 on 11/25/2011 2:46:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD I really liked this guy a lot and he was all flirty with me too. Everyone said we would make a really cute couple. I was head over heels for him but yesterday was the last time I saw him because he moved to Canada. I already miss him so much and don't know what to do. I can't get over him. I feel so upset, I was crying all night and I just can't get over him. I am so heartbroken!!!!!!!How can I feel better????Plz Help!!! PS I am 14 years old in ninth grade.

Hey babe!

Since he's moving to Canada, you know that you'll probably never be able to date him. Do whatever it takes for you to get over him, and know that in time, you will feel better. xoxox

by nycutie786 on 11/25/2011 2:41:08 PM

so over the summer i broke up with my boyfriend. im not really sure but i think i want him back. the thing is i broke his heart and he lashed out. we havent spoken since july and i think i still have feelings for him. he doesnt trust me because he thinks i cheated on him but i didnt. but hes also friends with another guy i like and i dont know what to do. my friends think the other guy likes me and i dont want to try to get back together with my ex and then realize its a mistake. but then i dont want to go out with the other guy and break my ex's heart again. i am so lost for what to do. the only thing holding me back is that my ex was really clingy and controlling. he didnt let me do ANYTHING and he was so awkward, but i think i miss him. WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?
thanks Smile

Hey!

I think you miss being in a relationship and not necessarily dating this dude. I think you really like this other guy, but I think you should spend some time alone being happy with yourself. Once you're happy with yourself, you'll be most happy in a relationship. In other words? Take a break from all boys, focus on yourself, and then maybe try things with this second guy. Good luck! xoxox

by csdsdancer15 on 11/25/2011 2:13:13 PM

MOD MOD! My bestfriend for 5 years now doesnt go to the samme school as me. So when we hang out and catch up I always have boy news or fam stuff that I tell her all about. But she never has anything to say and it makes me feel bad like she's only listening to me and she doenst have anything to say. She always seems interested in what I say and I feel like I have to tell her about the big events in my life because she is my BFF. Help?!

Hey babe!

Why don't you make an effort to go to her school events so that you could meet her new friends and crushes? Maybe she's slightly uncomfortable talking about them and would rather introduce you to them at a football game or shopping. Let me know how it goes! xoxox

by lien.kate on 11/25/2011 1:26:05 PM

ok Smile

by Fab Cali Kajun on 11/25/2011 11:58:33 AM

I need to show this to my friend!
lol

by Fab Cali Kajun on 11/25/2011 11:58:05 AM

Cool xD

by imjustbeautifulmex] on 11/25/2011 11:55:18 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay so I really want to get another ear piercing next to the first, like a double piercing. I asked my bestie what she thought so we could go together, but she thinks they're trashy. I looked it up and saw a lot of people thought they were "slutty" and "trashy". I don't see how they are. A lot of girls I know have them. Someday I might want to get a cartilage piercing too. Are double-pierced ears trashy? How? I'm 13, turning 14 in January.

Hey Doll,

I personally don't think they're trashy, but it's up to you to decide. If you're too uncomfortable with people thinking badly of you because of it, then don't get it, but if you don't care what people think, then go for it! Only trashy behavior can make you trashy, so if you are being the classy girl you are, a double piercing shouldn't change it.
Rachel N.