AN HOUR AGO #DailyQuiz Do you think you’re a good friend? #FindOutHere http://t.co/TjwjwcdfYZ

2 HOURS AGO Running out of time and hungry? Here are some great quick and easy snacks for you on the go! http://t.co/ouxTdKAWHT

3 HOURS AGO Find out what the stars say are in store for you this week: http://t.co/z3Jv0xkN2r

COMMENTS

Post-holiday DIY detox face mask

A li'l face time R&R for the post-holiday haze.

MOD! MOD! MOD! I have a lot of blackheads and popping them doesn't work and it makes my pores look bigger. Is there anything I can do to make them go away and prevent new ones? I've tried various cleansers, scrubs, masks, and strips but nothing seems to work!

Hey girl,

You're right to not pop them--that will lead to scars! Try using an exfoliating face wash with salicylic acid and following up with moisturizer. If that doesn't help, ask your mom about visiting a dermatologist for pro skin advice!

Meghan D.

by infinitykiss on 11/24/2012 11:25:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Will it hurt my dry skin? Or irritate it?

Hey girl!

It's possible that it could irritate your skin if it's really, really dry. But the recipe has cucumber in it which is very soothing for the skin so you should be OK!

Rachael A.

by laurenlolli on 8/6/2012 10:36:32 AM

Mod Mod Mod
Do you have any other summer mask recipes that are quick and easy?

Hey girl!

Avocado face masks and oatmeal face masks are popular. There are tons of recipes online that are super quick and easy.

Rachael A.

by laurenlolli on 8/6/2012 10:34:37 AM

Does it work well?

by laurenlolli on 8/5/2012 12:21:36 PM

How can you make cucumber juice? My guess would be to put a couple cucumbers in a blender or Magic Bullet and blend it up with some water or something but that's probably wrong...

by blondie214 on 7/15/2012 5:02:51 PM

This looks really cool! I love how it uses fresh ingredients! Does it require cumcumber juice? I have everything I need, but that

by Camicakes on 7/10/2012 10:41:05 AM

Mod Mod Mod ok so the recipe that u recommended to me was the exact same 1 i have already made and tried i did like it but i need something new. i hav also made one with bananas that i like but i need 1 for ur pores.

Hey girl,

Sorry, we don't have any others on our site right now but I'll pass your suggestion along to our editors! <3 In the meantime, you could try Googling for other face mask recipes!
Lauren C.

by daisie5 on 6/7/2012 6:42:39 PM

Mod Mod Mod Mod
ok so i have been looking through gl's website and haven't been able to find any other recipes for scrubs for your body, face, hand, or feet!!! i found 1 but it has eggs in it and i'm allergic and i get itchy if i eat or touch them!!!! please send more recipes for homemade scrubs without eggs!!!!

Hey girlie,

Try this one!

Lauren C.

by daisie5 on 6/7/2012 6:20:03 PM

I tried this and it felt awesome! My skin felt clean and smooth after I washed it off. Will defenetly do this again!

by ponygirl6298 on 5/7/2012 7:57:49 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
Two questions-what is the age limit for proactiv?
I need a really fast way to get rid of the little pimples scattered on my face. Is there any way to get rid or improve them?
Thanks!

Hey Chica!

Ask your parent or guardian if your thinking about ordering Proactiv. But GL has plenty skincare solutions, too! The best tip is to wash your face everyday (twice a day, if you remember) to keep dirt from settling in your pores.

Here are some other basic tips to get rid of pimples and blackheads: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/02/01/skin-pimples-blackheads.aspx

And here are some ways to get rid of pimples super quick: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/12/22/I-have-a-zit--just-in-time-for-NYE.aspx

Marisa D. Marisa D. Marisa D.

by greenbluepurple1 on 5/7/2012 12:41:19 PM

coolio!!! where cam i find cucumber juice?

by madsgirl155 on 4/1/2012 6:04:32 PM

this is awesome in the mornng i'll do even though its 1 something in the morning here in the UK

by shana399 on 3/10/2012 8:50:12 PM

has any1 ever tried the claires face mask? UUGH! my face got all irritated and red, and my uncle laughed at me the next day. i hope a natural one like this wont do the same. :O

by Animeninja99 on 3/10/2012 4:01:12 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! Should I wear this mask before or after my daily shower? Also, where can I find cucumber juice?

I'd wear it after! While you're in the shower, wash your face and use a gentle scrub to exfoliate. The warm steam will open up your pores, which is perfect for the mask!  As for the cucumber juice, you should be able to get it at any supermarket. Just go in and ask them! Or check near the veggies/veggie juices. You can also buy a cucumber and "juice" it, aka run it through a food processor or juicer machine Smile
Lauren C.

by megame123 on 1/29/2012 11:05:40 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD! I really want to have a "at home spa day" to pamper myself and relax. Do you have any ideas for things to do?

Hey girl,

Absolutely! Read the following articles for some great "spa day" ideas Smile

!! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/09/16/Chill!-Create-your-own-Spa.aspx
Lauren C.

by megame123 on 1/29/2012 10:35:34 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD! I really like this face mask but I don't have any fresh blueberries. Would the mask work without them? If not would frozen blueberries suffice?

The blueberries are important to the "recipe"... but frozen ones should work! Try taking them out of the freezer for about 6 hours though to thaw them. Then go for it! Smile
Lauren C.

by megame123 on 1/29/2012 10:24:52 AM

This is awesome. I just did it. mine was a little waterer all i did was add more baking soda and it feels so cool!

by blazestarlight98 on 1/21/2012 3:49:41 PM

i tried this and it was all liquidy..... but u followed all the directions! i put some banana, hopefully that will help thicken it

by liv22 on 1/20/2012 4:58:07 PM

Lemons are too irritating for me...

by khanhs on 1/16/2012 2:25:18 PM

Mod! Mod! Mod! I have sensitive and dry skin and most products I use cause my face to get irritated,red, tight, dry spots and alot of them burn and never work. I've tried many brands, but I need something gentle that does the job with out the side effects. Do you have any recommendations for products or tips on what to do to soothe my skin? Thank you.

Hey girl,

Check out this post -- it's geared toward chicas with sensitive skin like yours and has tons of tips and recommendations! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/03/02/5-ways-to-calm-super-sensitive-skin.aspx

Meghan D.

by Babygirl1265 on 1/14/2012 11:37:46 AM

Hey nikichic, yeah I think bronzer will go fine over liquid foundation. Just be sure to not apply too much. Xoxo

MOD
OKay so I'm just starting to wear makeup. I usually wear mascara and eyeshadow, and i'm wondering if bronzer would go well over liquid foundation. my skin looks pretty bad in winter, so yeah. Laughing thanks! Lynae P.

by Nikichic on 1/13/2012 8:22:45 PM

i tried it and it was horrible for me....maybe i did it wrong? my skin was so extremly red and bumby! luckly i did it over break because that lasted for a day! but the good thing was that after the redness my skin looked great!

by xThisGirl13x on 1/4/2012 7:28:38 PM

i wanna try this!!!!

by unicornninja on 1/3/2012 8:21:03 PM

Would it taste good? Just wondering.

by lilylu25 on 1/3/2012 7:50:31 PM

I love this!!! It feels so good on my skin and it looks really good now! Laughing

by lbethrocks on 1/3/2012 5:17:13 PM

aw fudge i just finished my last box of blueberries Frown ooo first comment..?

by stars2010 on 1/3/2012 4:26:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD i need to know the appropriate way to break up with a guy (keep in mind that i'm 12)

Hey girly,

You just need to take him aside and calmly tell him that you want to break up. Just be nice and stay calm and it all should be fine.

Catie C.