11 HOURS AGO You want dermatologist-approved skin—here's how to get it at home: http://t.co/QnHOyrxeqe

14 HOURS AGO Are good things comin' your way? Check your #horoscope to see: http://t.co/X0oqJA2AV2

15 HOURS AGO Betcha didn't know flaxseed could do this: http://t.co/BVSiatO8sk

COMMENTS

I'm scared of commitment!

Long-term stuff freaks me out. Did I ruin my chances with my crush?

Guys..... I just read my comment from a while ago. I am terrified of commitment. But now that I look back at my comment, I'm no longer afraid!

by Gabriella123 on 5/14/2012 7:23:16 PM

If any one is having friend, bullies, or popular probs. and i am pretty good about boy probs to. visit "friendship probs."

by char char on 4/18/2012 7:20:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
My ex and I are still friends, and he says that I get too emotional too easily. All the time I am either super happy, super sad and cryish, super mad, or just super out of it. I don't know why I'm like this ALL THE TIME! If anyone has anyanswer or even suggestions please write me back.

Hey girl,

It's normal to have strong emotions -- it's part of being a girl and growing up! But if you want to speak with a trusted adult, you can speak with a guidance counselor or doctor for their pro opinion. This article has hotlines and resources if you need someone to talk to when you're sad, so check that out too! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Meghan D.

by MollyMoster on 3/16/2012 9:40:27 PM

One of my best friends has been crushin' on this one guy for ever and when my other best friend exchanged their phone numbers, it was like magic to her. Except he asked her out and she said no. She told me that she wants to wait until she's older. When she told me that, I was wondering if I am ready to actually date someone. My crush is sweet while her's is a bad boy. I would say yes!

by Gabriella123 on 3/16/2012 8:01:29 PM

Mod mod mod
So I like this boy who is in the fifth grade instead of the sixth because he got left back.last year I did not like him but now I do. Everybody says he likes this girl but he says he doesn't. We are really close and he is like a brother to meander I am afraid that if I tell him I like him he will be grosser out.just today he teaseeld me playfullyand I told him I loved him too because I knew that he was just telling me he loved me as his sister.I am so confused HELP ME!!!!

Hey babe,

Why don't you try bringing it up as an indirect question?  One day, ask him if he's ever thought of you in any way other than a best friend, or ask him if he sees you as a sister figure or a friend.
Jordan S.

by donsana on 3/12/2012 6:23:17 PM

hey girlies, are you in middle school and so confused about boys, or friends? Then come to my Advice Queen page!! I went through almost everything there is to think of in middle school and I answer ASAP and all questions Smile Please come check it out Smile

by truebeliever143 on 3/10/2012 11:52:34 AM

I like this guy in the 6th grade. were both in 6th grade.He's in my homeroom and math class.He smiles at me. But i'm too shy. The only person i can talk to without being scared is my bff and teachers

by Anniexgirl on 3/9/2012 8:03:40 PM

Mod Mod Mod
So i like this guy. Im only 11. I will be 12 the next time I see him, and he will be 15. Last time I saw him, he said he was gonna ask me out the next time he sees me. Would it be weird for a 12 year old to date a 15 year old?

Hey girl, I'm going to be completely honest. There is a huge difference in that 3 year gap. The jump from middle school to high school you change a lot. I think for the time being you should consider being friends and see what happens as you get older and are in the same high school. There are so many boys your age you can flirt with and hang out with. So don't worry too much about it! =]

lauren r.

by asha0 on 3/7/2012 6:36:31 PM

MOD
I've been dating this guy for nearly four months now. He's a senior and I'm a sophomore, and right now we're doing okay. But I look at journal entries from when we first got together, and I realize I'm not as happy I used to be. Right now I feel lonely even when I'm with him. We have both gotten even busier since we started dating, and we haven't been able to spend time together outside of school since late December. My parents aren't very happy with him because he recently failed my dads class because he simply didn't turn some work in. All of this is starting to put a major strain on our relationship, to the point where we sometimes have problems just talking to each other. But I don't want to let him go. I'm not sure I will stay with him after he graduates but I want to be there for him through graduation, and I don't want to screw up our group of friends. I just don't know to do with these feelings of lonliness. What do I do? I'm lost..

Hey girlie,

It's SO normal for your feelings to shift a little as you get further along in a relationship. You probably don't have that "new relationship buzz" anymore, where you felt butterflies just to look at him because everything was new and fresh. When you settle into a relationship, it's a little harder sometimes to feel that excitement! It's mostly because you get to know him even better and there's nothing "new" or thrilling to discover anymore. But that doesn't mean the relationship is over! First, you have to make a commitment to seeing each other more often and actually dating. Even though you're busy, only seeing each other in school since December isn't a great sign for a relationship. Try to cut out time on the weekends or for an hour after school to do homework together, grab a snack, or go on a real date. And as for those dates - don't resort to the old "Let's go to the movies" date that might be boring for you guys now. Get together and make a list of stuff you've both always wanted to try...and then do it! Rock climbing, seeing a museum in a nearby city, cooking a new recipe, taking a class together, going to a new ethnic restaurant you've never tried before, etc. Having adventures together could really help you reconnect - and capture that excitement you used to have when you first started dating Smile
Lauren C.

by nicegurl on 3/4/2012 10:30:34 AM

MODMODMOD!!!!
So there is this guy I really like and I've been crushin' on him since the beginning of this year. He just got a girlfriend and after two weeks of dating they both changed their facebook status to in a relationship with -so-and-so. Well, she asked me a ton of questions about him on facebook, and she told me that she felt uncomfortable being with him and his friends. I told her (since she is my friendSmile that she should just see how things work out, and actual advice, not trying to make it seem like he's bad so she would break up with him. But another thing I have been kinda fishy about is he talks to me, a lot! He also is always asking for favors and coming up with nicknames to call me, like things we have in common. I don't want my friend to be sad, but I don't want this to be a two way friendship. Any advise?

Hey girlie,

I think the best thing to do, since you're friends with BOTH of them, is to be supportive and let them both vent about their problems to you. Try to offer objective advice - that means advice not influenced by your feelings for him or any of the "secrets" the other person has told you. I know it's hard to be in the middle, but they've got to figure this out on their own! Also remember NO flirting while they're still together. You wouldn't want another girl (or worse, a friend) flirting with your BF and trying to break you up, right? <3 You're better than that, so just be a good, dependable friend right now - and leave flirting for when he's single.
Lauren C.

by mcollier915 on 3/3/2012 11:45:09 PM

Ok,so my friends told me that I should hang out with my crush.The only problem is that he has football and baseball,and during the summer,my parents have to work.How can I get at least one weekend to hangout with him?

Hey girl,

Why not watch him at one of his football or baseball games? You'll show him that you care about what he does, and it will work with his schedule. You can always grab dessert afterward to celebrate!

Meghan D.

by mathgeek221 on 3/3/2012 11:28:44 AM

MODMOD! My friend told me that my crush was going out with this one girl, but he sends me soooo many mixed signals!! Sometimes we text each other and have really long convos, other times he never responds. And I've caught him starring me a ton of times!! And 3 others things that you may need to know:
1. He's popular and so is the girl he's dating
2. I know him outside of school cuz he's friends with my BFF's older bro
3. We went to the same elementary school, and I'm pretty sure he used to like me

hey! You may not want to hear this, but at the end of the day if he's seeing someone, you shouldn't act on your feelings, even if he does like you. it just wouldn't be fair to the person he's with. If it's meant to be, stick around, and it'll happen naturally

Helen S.

by KXjqu238 on 3/2/2012 5:48:38 PM

Do guys like girls with curly hair? I'm the only girl In the skool with it n I stand out. I'm also really short(4'7)and I'm 13! I'm not really skinny(73lbs) and I had a cleft palot so my voice is weird. I don't look or sound like any1 in my grade(7] and I only gets asked put by younger kids. Any tips 4 curly hair and outfits that make u look thinner taller and older.

by kenzielynn on 3/1/2012 7:49:02 PM

plaese go to my clue: Boys being mean get back at they get fit.
i miss spelled the name of my clue soooo the name i was going for is: Boys being mean get back at them get fit.
Luv. Schoneboom<3

by schoneboom on 2/28/2012 3:12:59 AM

MODMODMOD!I had a crush on my BGF a few years ago and asked him out.He said he couldn't date(he could)and things got weird.Everything went back to normal and lately there has been a rumor that I am going out with someone.I like this guy but i'm not going out with him.When my BGF asked me if I was I didn't tell him.He said if I am he wants to kill him and he'll get really mad,and i better not be. What does any of that MEAN??

Lynae P.

by moosempepper on 2/25/2012 4:44:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD Ok,so I like my best friend.We have been friends sice I was evry little.We were texting each other the other day,and we are both math team.But,the bad thing,he is from a different school.How can I get him to hook up with me?

Hey mathgeek221, ask him if he'd like to hang out on the weekends or something. The more you guys see each other the more interested he may become in starting a relationship. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by mathgeek221 on 2/24/2012 4:35:06 PM

MOD!! MOD!!!! Okay so my friend is in a recent relationship. She said that he doesnt really make an effort to hold hands and hug her and all the other cute stuff. How should i convince him without anything getting awkward??
Also her friends are saying things such as," You guys look related!!!" She said it was getting really annoying and she doesnt know what to do. I told her not to break up with him because he isnt doing anything. I also said she needs to ignore her friends because they are making things worse. What should i tell her??!?!?!?!?!?1
Smile Thanks,
Emzimrol <3

Hey girl,

You're right! He's not doing anything wrong here. She might be getting a little insecure about what people are saying, but THAT doesn't matter. What matters is how she feels with him - if he treats her right, respects her, and makes her happy. Remember that some people express themselves different ways in relationships. Some people loooove public displays of affection, while it makes others super uncomfy. He could feel awkward about holding hands/hugging so he just doesn't do it. But she can give him hints that she wouldn't mind - put her hand on his arm or back while she's standing next to him, rest her arm against his when they're at the movies/hanging out at home, or even put her arm around him/hug him goodbye when she leaves school or a date! He doesn't always have to make the first move, ya know Smile
Lauren C.

by emzimrol on 2/23/2012 10:10:38 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
Hi theres this guy in my drama club who i think i might like. When we arent on the stage we are allowed to do whatever we want. So i hang out with him and his friends in the back. we talk and laugh. when his friends leave for there parts he moves over into the seat next to mine and he gets all uncomfortable. i laugh to make him okay. AND once when we were backstage he put his arm around me and said "well *my names* my best friend!" a ton of guys do this stuff but he really doessnt.. but whenever we are in school he doesnt really act like this. he'll say hi, but not like his doess in drama. does he like me? thanks for answering!

Hey girlie,

It sounds like he feels a little more comfy in drama class, like he can be himself and flirt! That's awesome Smile We don't know for sure if he likes you of course - you can only know that if HE tells you he does. But for now, enjoy it and keep on doing what you're doing - laugh, ask him questions about himself, enjoy the random hugs, etc. Try giving him a cute smile or a quick wave as you pass him in the hallways, chat online/through text after school, and let him get comfy around you in MORE places than just drama. That way, maybe someday you can take this flirty friendship to the next level Smile
Lauren C.

by unicornsister on 2/23/2012 5:57:54 PM

Sometimes i worry about my relationship with my boyfriend getting too serious, im not even close to ready to think about that kind of commitment!

by jennntheswimmer on 2/23/2012 12:42:23 AM

***MOD MOD MOD***
so, i like this guy, max. i haven't really talked to him in a while, but at drama yesterday we were hanging out with a couple of other people, and it was really fun. he makes me laugh like crazy and he makes me feel like, idk, not inadequate exactly, but more like there's this whole world at my fingertips and i just have to crack open my shell and reach for it. (it's a good feeling) i think he might like me, but as a friend or more i can't tell. i was taking a break from working on the sets and he left his conversation with his friend and cousin to come talk to me. he's a grade behind me, so i don't have any classes with him, and when i do see him, i sort of struggle holding my own in the conversation (this is not exclusive to him). do you think he likes me? and can you give some conversation pointers? please & thanks!

Well i think he might possibly like you. I suggest you find out what hes curious about and ask questions. I looove having convos with people where I get to know them better. I ask so many questions and just listen. You may not talk a ton, but he will appreciate the curiousity. With time youll know more about him and conversation will come naturally. Good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by the_last_ninja on 2/21/2012 7:38:21 PM

Help! I really like this guy, Eric. He's extremely nerdy, and a lot of people don't like him because of the way he looks. All of my friends make fun of me for liking him. My best friend, Sky, said that she really didn't care and that they where all just teasing me. Yesterday he asked me out, and I really wanted to say yes, but I'm afraid of what my friends will think... I can't keep him waiting much longer, what do I do?

by lovelysam56 on 2/21/2012 12:40:46 PM

*******MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD******* OK so a while ago i went out with this guy, nick, and we broke up, i was devastated and it was all my fault we got in a fight but anyway he went out with another girl after shelby, then they broke up and im still not over nick i sent him a valentine explaining everything and all he said was thank you and walked away but im still not over him its been a few years too help!! what should i do im freaking out!!!

Hey girl,

Try to take deep breaths and think about what you could do to ask him about that Valentine. You just want to see if he read it - and if he forgives you. Make it your goal to grow closer to him again AS FRIENDS first. Leave relationships/flirting out of it and just try to show him you're sorry, you're laid back, and you're a great friend. Then as time passes and you're close again, you can try to shift things and maybe get another chance <3
Lauren C.

by lindseyd9 on 2/18/2012 10:31:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD! I'm going on a date with my BGF and crush tonight to the movies, and i'm not sure what to wear. Help!Smile

Hey smilewhenyoursad, you could wear a pair of skinny jeans, a sweater, and boots or a shirt, leggings, boots or flats. Don't forget accessories and try something with your hair. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by smilewhenyoursad on 2/18/2012 8:35:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD So I really like this guy.. and I think he might like me.. but he's a couple years older then me (at my high school, upperclassmen do NOT hang with freshmen) But I think he likes me a bit too.. I'm only going to see him for a couple more weeks though because of this theatre thing, how can I keep in contact?

Hey bright_lights111, get his number before the weeks are over. You could even friend request on Facebook if you guys have one. Text and message him to keep your relationship going. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by bright_lights111 on 2/18/2012 6:24:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD I gave my crush a valentine saying, "I <3 you". He replied to me with a drawing saying, "I <3 you, too"!! But my crush previously liked another girl who also liked him back, and they were sort of dating, meaning only hugs and saying, "I love you" when they pass by each other, since we're only in Grade six and 11 years old. But the girl that likes him is super obsessed with him. She likes to follow him, only tunes into a conversation with his name in it, and flirts with him too. I used to talk to her time to time before, but after she found out that I liked him too, it's been icy cold between us. My crush is still going along with "dating" her, because he seems intimidated by her, like me. So I've been communicating with my crush through drawings saying, "I love you", because both of us are shy talking to each other and also his admirer would probably burst into flames if she saw us together. But I get a bit jealous when I see him hugging her. What should I do??

Hey cloudyday, if you get jealous just remember he's only pretending to like her because he's afraid of her. It isn't because he has true feelings for her, like he does for you. So no worries. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by cloudyday on 2/18/2012 5:40:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Does he like me?: I believe this guy likes me, reason is like two weeks ago I stept on his foot while walking I smiled my pretty smile lol and said sorry then we walked up the stairs and he was really close and it was just awkward . Another reason is three days ago I was talking to my friend by a stairwell and The guy and his bro kept peeking out to see what we where doing. Then the next day he was by himself and me and my friend where debating whether we should stay at school for a little while longer (it was the end of the day) so we went over by this window (he was by the window) and he moved and went to some random locker and started turning the lock randomly and he didn't get it open so I'm guessing it wasn't his locker . Anyway he looked up at me twice Smile What do you think?

Hey girl,

It sounds like he might be interested, so why not keep talking to him and see where things go? At the very least, at least you've got a new friend -- and potentially something more!

Meghan D.

by kikiluvzu28 on 2/18/2012 12:25:34 PM

I don't think she ruined her chances.

by Princess Keziyah on 2/18/2012 12:17:52 PM

I'm not so scared about serious relationships, probably I have either known the guy for a while, he'smy best friend, or he's o my hockey team.
the only bad thing about going out with someone on your team is the whole "lockeroom thing" with all of his friends...but besides that it is all OK for me!

by hockeygirl1999 on 2/18/2012 10:54:44 AM

Mod Mod
A guy that likes me called me beautiful idk what to say to him back? any suggestions, flirtyy tipps??

Hey girl,

That's awesome, what a nice thing for him to say! Check out this post on 100 cute things to say and do around guys for tons of flirty tips! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/01/26/100-cute-things-to-say-and-do-around-guys.aspx

Meghan D.

by abbygirl12 on 2/18/2012 10:32:43 AM

Wanna slip into a bikini this summer or have healthy tips how to? Well join this club! You could become an officer or just participate. Even meal plans! Join this club today!
- Rachel (President)

by *GingerForev* on 2/18/2012 8:37:19 AM

So this guy happens to be one of my best friends...and I really really like him. Like, so much I might even consider him my first love, and I'm a very thoughtful, iffy person when it comes to this stuff. I'm 14, never had my first kiss, only 1 boyfriend, haven't liked anyone in a good 3 years. This guy has told me he thought I was basically attractive, and we get along really well, we're pretty personal with each other, but he has an on and off crush on one of my best friends...right now, it's back on, especially since they've gotten closer. She's got her eye on someone else, but you never know...I'm so incredibly hurt right now, I feel empty and lost without him. I think he's really leaving me behind right now, being all wrapped up in my bestie at the moment. Should I move on? No one has ever made me this happy, has ever affected me this much before. If I do am I passing up a great relationship?

Hey girl,

If he's interested in someone else, there's no harm in moving on -- you can always get back together later if the timing's right! First loves can be tricky, but there might be other great guys waiting out there too, so keep your options open! In the meantime, try spending more time with your friends and doing other things without guys.

Meghan D.

by PunkRose88 on 2/18/2012 2:10:31 AM

Mod Mod
I rly like this rly shy guy abd I'm known to be rly outgoing! I'm afraid I've been scaring him or he doesn't like me..idk. So well a couple days ago I went up to him and said hi how r u? And he had an adorable smile on his face and said good and you? Is tht a sign he likes me?! also today I said hi to him and he didn't even pay any attention to me he just looked at me I said hi he immediately looked down said hi and kept going.

Hey girl,

He might like you, or he might have just been being nice -- if someone says hi to you, wouldn't you say hi back? If it seems like he wants to start a conversation, great! If not, take a break from talking to him for a few days and then talk to him again.

Meghan D.

by Winniefer on 2/18/2012 1:58:26 AM

mod mod mod!! so i submitted one of those love letter things a few days ago and i haven't seen it show up anywhere yet...how long will it take or should i try to submit it again?

Hey girlie,

No need to submit again! We actually get lots of submissions - love letters, poems, etc. - and because of that, we can't post them all. We read every one though! I don't personally select them, but we pick the best ones, the ones that lots of girls can relate to, the ones that are appropriate for the season (like poems about snow in winter, love letters around VDay, you get the idea)... I wish we could post them all but we just can't <3 Try to be patient and keep submitting new stuff to us! <3
Lauren C.

by Swimgirl96 on 2/18/2012 12:39:32 AM

im scared of serious serious relationships, because i have seen it all come crumbling down within only a few days so idk, i think of relationships to be fun ones.

by j4zm09 on 2/18/2012 12:09:51 AM