24 MINUTES AGO Riddle time! What's better than edible lip balm that taste like Starbursts? (Hint: NOTHING): http://t.co/SJWsYTSGwz

AN HOUR AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 chatterbox soars with Samsung's Galaxy S5 in Shimmery White: http://t.co/A0Dzja3yp2

2 HOURS AGO 5 ways to get your Turkey Day workout in: http://t.co/4KxjLoxUvI

COMMENTS

Coming to a caf near you: pink slime school lunch

It might be time to brown bag it, babes…

Ummm...Have you guys seen pictures of pink slime? It looks like bubble gum when it is pouring out of the proccessor (sp?). Yea. No thanks.

by PANDAS616 on 5/19/2012 9:24:51 AM

DO YOU LIKE TO SMILE? Join my club, SMILE ALL DAY Smile I will post every day about things to make you smile! BTW, all officers positions are open! Thanks + Smile All Day!

by sweettooth825 on 3/29/2012 8:02:29 PM

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, y? i thing they r trying to kill us.:\

by chloecat1235 on 3/23/2012 5:01:39 PM

and this is why I eat salad for lunch... ew

by xoshanaxo on 3/16/2012 4:18:13 PM

Ewwwwwwwww I'm gonna puke channa r.

by iluvlogan on 3/16/2012 8:36:04 AM

"THE GOVERNMENT IS TRYING TO KILL US WITH THERE NASTY LUNCHES." I mean they always talk about childhood obesitybut what about the somewhat toxic lunches and what if your parents make you buy your lunch... they really need to think this out in my opinion XP

by tootsieroll1962 on 3/16/2012 12:43:39 AM

OMG iwwwww

by merrymerry22 on 3/15/2012 7:56:24 AM

R THEY REALLY TRYING TO KILL US! I read this and saw this in a documentary where a guy ate nothing but fast food for breakfast lunch and dinner he gained 25 pounds in a month plus he got high cholestiral and diabetes and high blood sugar.

by fashionguru6 on 3/13/2012 6:43:43 PM

Wow. THANK YOU, government officials, for trying to wipe out the entire population of students starting with toxic lunch. What's next? Exploding textbooks?

by 0507cathy on 3/13/2012 10:26:47 AM

What about Wendy's? If not I'll stick with McDonald's.

by Rosethe1 on 3/12/2012 2:08:27 PM

Yucccckkkkkkkyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

by rue0710 on 3/11/2012 5:09:15 PM

My school released a statement specifically stating that they wouldn't serve this...

by puffinlover99 on 3/10/2012 9:11:55 PM

Yuuuuck!Tong

Hey Chicas! Luv Taylor Swift? Then join Swifties<3! We will chat about everything from Tay's amazing music to her awesome sense of style! There will also be weekly contests and surveys!(: Hope to see U there!

by *MusicGirl16* on 3/10/2012 8:07:09 PM

that's disgusting

by musikluvr17 on 3/10/2012 7:59:54 PM

When my friend and I were eating a beef patty we wondered,"How much greese is actually in the patty?"So we took a napkin and sqeezed the greese out and it took up 3 napkins worth of greese.EW! :S

by bugie91344 on 3/10/2012 6:59:48 PM

Yuck! Why is this under healthy stuff we heart??

by 15hayhay on 3/10/2012 6:00:48 PM

I am totes packing my own lunch and NEVER eating school caf food again! That's just G-R-O-S-S Gross! Plus I hear that school caf food serves fake meat products, and sometimes you find hair in your food. If I were you, I'd listen to what this article says.

by westiekid13 on 3/10/2012 4:02:18 PM

This is why I'm glad I'm home-schooled. Can you say "gross".

by glass-tears on 3/10/2012 3:27:37 PM

I went to a horse riding camp with my school. Before then, I had never ridden a horse. I absolutely fell in love with riding horses, caring for them, learning about them. However my parents said I can't take riding lessons. I LOVE riding!! What should I do?

Hey girl,

Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do if your parents say no, but maybe you can work out a deal with them, like working a job or babysitting to earn money to pay for lessons. You can also visit horses at stables without taking lessons, so see what's in your area!

Meghan D.

by eemmais on 3/10/2012 12:55:46 PM

eww that's really gross. The meat at our school is terrible and they once tried to serve us green hot dogs. when i asked them to give me another hot dog, they told me that it was supposed to be green. Tong

by cornpie21 on 3/10/2012 12:53:17 PM

i bring lunch from home..last year i always used to buy the chicken sandwhiches then i relized every sandwhich i bought was pink and in elemtray school i got food posioning 2 times from a hamburger and mac and cheese at school

by princesschick1999 on 3/10/2012 8:39:00 AM

i seriously doubt this will actually be at my school. it really bothers me how my "home lunch" friends always say "EW" to my lunch. don't hate because of on GL article. i know plenty of healthy, nice, people who order school lunch everyday.

But in all fairness this is pretty gross. XP

by Glitterheart16 on 3/9/2012 11:33:55 PM

This is one of the many reasons why I bring a lunch from home.

by angrybirds99 on 3/9/2012 8:25:55 PM

And this is another reason why I am a Vegetarian.

by Cutesweetie2017 on 3/9/2012 7:59:18 PM

i am a vegitarian and stuff but even if i did eat meat EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW

by radiolovergirl on 3/9/2012 6:32:35 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
So, there's this boy in my class who I'm sure has a crush on me. All the time he follows me and says stuff like ''Can I help you with your bag?'' and I just reply like ''Urgh, Yeah, Okay, thanks.'' and walk away. In assembly he sits next to me and keeps leaning closer and I keep leaning away. Weird, huh? Maybe if he was slightly less 'weird' I would consider him! What shall I do?

Hey girl! If he is really bothering you kindly let him know. Just tell him that you don't like people in your space and scoot over a bit. And if he asks to carry your bag, take him up on it! Chivalry is dead so it is hard to find a guy who is always so nice.
Ana D.

by catluverforlife on 3/9/2012 3:36:23 PM

This is why i never buy school lunches.

by taylorswiftfan1236 on 3/9/2012 3:09:45 PM

eeewww... we're not gunna have that at my school (FOR SURE) and i'm vegetarian but it's still gross!

by karategirl118 on 3/9/2012 2:01:27 PM

The USDA is horrible. They don't even do their job right. I don't trust them at all.
If I ever see anything close to this at my school, I'm getting a PB&J for sure.

by biffo on 3/9/2012 1:52:26 PM

yeah, and the meat that you get at supermarkets have pink slime as well. i read a study that said that they found that over 70 percent of the meat sold at the super market is made of pink slime - unusable tissues from the cow that is treated with ammonia to make it "safe" to eat.... who's going vegetarian now?

by guitargirl7321 on 3/9/2012 1:50:42 PM

Many schools already use pink slime, if you don't think your schools will get this they orfer from the company that orders pink slime. Almost EVERY school in the nation has it.

by rainyseattlegirl on 3/9/2012 1:20:39 PM

Thats 100% ILLEGAL where I go to school

by xXMissBehavedXx on 3/9/2012 12:37:15 PM

This is why I'm a vegetarian. Meat in general is just disgusting.

by fibromyalgiasucks on 3/9/2012 9:47:40 AM

ANd i thought that our schools fish sticks looked gross. that just sounds disguisting. hopefully my school doesn't get that stuff considering we're # 1 in the county and # 2 in the state. Grossssss!!!!!! I kinda feel like vomiting. EWWWWWW!

by HaloAngel99 on 3/9/2012 9:43:09 AM

Ewww! That's why I pack my own lunch. Occasionally I'll buy something there, but fortunately, my cafeteria is really healthy. Like, they only sell baked cheetos and chips, and low fat cheezits and natural sodas and stuff. But bringing your own lunch is cheaper too! I normally just take leftover, but I get weird looks sometimes when I'm sitting there eating strips of steak haha.

by Isabeau13 on 3/8/2012 11:04:28 PM

gross..im SO glad i make my own lunch..

by stylecrazy503 on 3/8/2012 11:01:12 PM

Reason I don't eat red meat... gosh it seems like all meat is fake nowadays!

by musicluva246 on 3/8/2012 10:59:59 PM

I knew about this for the past year or 2, and yeah,it is just disgusting. So i haven't been eating Taco Bell or Mcdonald's for about the past year...

by buzzingbee on 3/8/2012 9:55:23 PM

ew. just ew i feel sorry for my body i stuck eating schoocl lunchs every school day because my mom can't pack me a lunch every morning or make it the night before. Anyway I'm disgusted xP

by jerseybatgirl on 3/8/2012 9:19:04 PM

eww.... >.< this is why i want to bring home lunch!!

by stars2010 on 3/8/2012 9:09:02 PM

EWWWWWW tht is so totaly gross ima start packing a lunch i new a lot of m friends allready did but now i no y...

by madolyn99 on 3/8/2012 9:00:10 PM

I heard that was a viral internet rumor. but thenagain i haven't eaten cafeteria food since third grade.

by Lannen98 on 3/8/2012 8:50:11 PM

haha thats digusting
a couple days ago my friend ryan asked the lunch lady person what kind of meat it was and the lunch lady said i dont know!!!!!!!!!!!! how disgusting is that!

by tampagirl<3 on 3/8/2012 8:31:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
So, i have this major state test, we start on Tuesday (its 3 days), so i was wondering any tips to do good on them (reading & writing), and what to pack for lunch and a snack during testing... and also what to eat the night before and when to go to bed..i'm really nervous... Thanks =)

Hey girlie,

Don't be nervous! Remember that people have been taking these tests for ages and have done fine, so there's no reason you won't Smile The most important thing is SLEEP. It's hard to actually study for these tests, but you'll have a way better shot if you get at least 8 hours of sleep beforehand. Even better if you can get 9 or 10. That way, you wake up refreshed and can focus. A breakfast that morning is also really important. Even if you're not a breakfast person, this will help you focus too! I recommend a cup of yogurt, a banana, and a piece of toast. Orange juice too! Pack a normal lunch (and some granola bars or trail mix for snacks)... and remember, don't worry! Once you're there, just take it once question at a time and remember to breathe. <3 You'll make it through just fine!!
Lauren C.

by JudiCutie on 3/8/2012 8:14:07 PM

Why are they serving this "pink slime" to kids at school even though it has been banned from fast-food places like McDonald's and Taco Bell? They obviously do not care about our health or well-being. This is ridiculous.

by 98Snickers on 3/8/2012 8:06:36 PM

ew! well, i dont eat red meat, so i guess im safe!
** hey everyone! join my club, funky hats club, if u hav a cool hat or like hats!!! we discuss fashion and beauty, hair, and did i mention hats? awesome! join pls! Smile**

by beaglegal on 3/8/2012 7:49:08 PM

I know my school has a presidential award and the food is awful, you can even see pink stuff in the burgers! Ew! I don't eat any school meat!

by arg5890 on 3/8/2012 7:49:04 PM

that is disgusting!!!! good thing i never eat the food from the caf, only my home lunches Smile

by purplenurple88 on 3/8/2012 7:24:10 PM

I only take school lunch when I know what it is and my schools bugers aren't pink slime they are soy filler(I've been in my school's freezer.) and our hot dogs are digusting if you drop one off your tray they bounce off the ground like a foot and a half. This makes me hate school lunches even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

by HungerGamesRox99 on 3/8/2012 7:15:40 PM

okay this is one reason why some other countries disgrace us....BECAUSE WE MAKE BAD AND STUPID MISTAKES!!!

by abbyglow500 on 3/8/2012 7:08:08 PM

Goodbye Caf food, hello mom's expert lunch skills! I should've switched a long time ago. This just sent me over the edge.

by peaceluvandhockey on 3/8/2012 7:05:26 PM

Really? USDA is supposed to feed us HEALTHY and CLEAN food. Not gross dirt! Bleh! Frown

by LovePeaceHope on 3/8/2012 7:02:04 PM

I can't believe this was on the front screen and today I am writing a persuasive speech for debate class about why schools should stop serving junk food. Well, I think this is much much worse. Don't we all agree?

by Marchbug on 3/8/2012 6:48:23 PM

And THAT, is why I bring home lunch!!

by svds on 3/8/2012 6:30:46 PM

i never buy school lunch. just occasionally a juice.

by dolphin trainer on 3/8/2012 6:07:44 PM

Two years ago my school decided to go healthy, so now almost everything is freshly prepared, I love eating in the Caf!

by jojodramallama on 3/8/2012 5:55:19 PM

also what about our growth and development as human beings? this should be illegal. i dont want to grow up with health problems :/

by Jade_4000 on 3/8/2012 5:48:29 PM

this is disgusting. people are always saying eat healthier and youll do better in school... well what the heck are you doing feeding us pink slime!!! there goes our test scores.

by Jade_4000 on 3/8/2012 5:47:19 PM

May I be the first to say... ew. I don't eat my school's meat anyway... it is nasty, and it's not even pink slime yet! I think the schools really need to get the food situation straight.

by Fly1213 on 3/8/2012 5:08:36 PM

so i am totally going to start to pack my lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by PolkaDots1999 on 3/8/2012 5:01:27 PM