2 HOURS AGO 20 tricks for squashing school stress: http://t.co/kUvA73dtXa

3 HOURS AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup

3 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu

COMMENTS

HS senior not allowed to graduate because he was taking care of his sick mom

Officials told Austin Fisher that he can’t walk at graduation because he missed 16 days of school...

That is terrible,I am glad he got to graduate. Caring for someone you love dearly in a hard time is well worth not graduating high school. That is so not right it is great they made the exception!!

by b2b4b6 on 7/23/2012 5:14:57 PM

I believe he should be able to at least walk across the stage with his class. I believe he should make up any credits he missed over the summer & when he has done so, make it official he graduated high school.

by sadea on 5/5/2012 12:35:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD!My grade is taking a trip to Chicago and I can't decide whether to go.We aren't goin anywhere exciting but i've never been out of state.It cost a lot so i don't want to waste money.Only one of my friends are going,they stick us in random groups and I hate EVERYONE in my grade.Should I still go???

If you can afford it I think you should. Travel is always an interesting experience and you can learn a lot about yourself and others from it. You might not like your peers now, but travel tends to create bonds that are a lot of fun Smile

Helen S.

by moosempepper on 4/20/2012 2:59:36 PM

why is this in advice? random, i know but still.

by Glitterheart16 on 4/19/2012 12:45:14 AM

I'm glad the district changed their decision. What a lame reason to not let him graduate!

by astrostar88 on 4/18/2012 9:36:23 PM

as of monday, hes now able to graduate!!! woohoo!!!

by ostar21 on 4/18/2012 4:46:57 PM

@beachgirl324

I agree COMPLETELY. This is kind of sad. He was helping his mother.

by toadie101 on 4/17/2012 8:14:59 PM

If his grades were under C's then I can understand where the school is coming from. But if his grades were A's or B's then they are just stupid!

by Aislinn120 on 4/17/2012 7:34:57 PM

That is RIDICULOUS!!! This kid wasn't sitting at home playing hooky...he was taking care of his sick mother. He seems like an amazing son! I am so glad the school changed their mind and are allowing him to graduate after all! Congratulations, Austin Fisher, and I hope the best for your mother!!! Smile

by izzy99 on 4/17/2012 5:09:23 PM

my instant reaction was, "omg, seriously?" I'm glad they decided to let him graduate, but they shouldn't have needed 90,000 signatures to do so.

by beachgirl324 on 4/17/2012 2:19:53 PM