1 HOURS AGO Swap out your fatty foods for clean nom-worthy treats: http://t.co/HvO68YoFFc

2 HOURS AGO Color-changing nail polish just may be the coolest thing ever: http://t.co/sJVrKrDBFm

3 HOURS AGO These sandals are seriously the definition of "cheap chic" http://t.co/Lc1j7eRw6p

COMMENTS

Teens in tanning beds: Yay or nay?

New York is currently considering a law that would ban minors from using tanning beds. Are you in favor?

I would totally support that law, tans are better to be faux.

by dancemagic320 on 6/12/2012 12:41:35 AM

i think this would be a good law because tanning beds are unhealthy for people to use and sometimes when you over tan you look terrible so its not like its helping you anyway

by kathrync on 5/30/2012 4:24:00 PM

did you know that skin cancer is most likely to happen to women how had more than 2 bad sun burns when under the age of 18. tanning bed are not a good subsitute either!

by watsmyuser on 5/29/2012 3:37:05 PM

YAY! I would encourage other states to do this as well! Things like melanoma and skin cancer could start at an early age, and girls might get "addicted" to tanning. Tanning at any age isn't the best, but by not allowing girls under 18 to tan might help them realize why the law has been made and how tanning beds can harm them, and also might influence their decision of wanting to later in lif or not. I hope this could be made a law in other states, too! Yay for NY! Smile

by preteam12 on 5/25/2012 11:29:43 PM

I totally agree with this law. Not just because both of my parents have had melanoma and have always pushed me to wear sunscreen and not stay in the sun to much - even though i naturally tan easily, but also because girls should be happy with their natural skin. They shouldn't try to make themselves reach up to what societies standards of 'beauty' are. You're beautiful without fake tans. In the end you'll regret the hours of tanning you spent, because eventually it could lead to foot long scars from melanoma cancer.

by cesnow on 5/25/2012 4:05:24 PM

And it's healthier 2 get a natural tan u can't get the vitamin d u need laying in a tanning bed plus it's boring or i think it wood b

by codyvictoriamiranda on 5/25/2012 12:51:01 AM

it's dangerous i think 4 peeps under 17 people 16 and younger shouldn't b allowed in tanning beds ANYWHERE

by codyvictoriamiranda on 5/25/2012 12:49:53 AM

they r way ON base i think. i mean really go out there's a sun 4 a reason duh.plus natural tans look WAY better!!!!!!!!!! and alot of places u have 2 pay a fee so y pay when u can tan 4 free

by codyvictoriamiranda on 5/25/2012 12:48:41 AM

There are ways to get a glow without using tanning beds. You can get a spray tan, or you can go swimming for two hours. I think that tanning beds are a waste of time and money, and have completely unreasonable health risks.
Then again, that's just me.

by pauline07 on 5/24/2012 5:48:05 PM

i don't think teens should be aloud in tanning beds.i think any one 15 or younger should not be aloud.

by whitewolf2017 on 5/24/2012 4:35:58 PM

Mod,md,mod,mod. MOD. Mod.
Hello! So I have a sort of dilemma. In about 75 days,school will start again. And I have to buy uniforms. So,now I'm like a size,13 or 11. I need to loose 15 pounds and drop like,a couple of sizes. My goal is maybe a 9? Or even a 7. Is this reasonable??? And I don't want to build more muscle in my thighs because from a side view they're already round from the muscle. I just need to drop to the size I said so it'll be easier to find uniforms!!!! I'm NOT gonna be 13 and in a woman's size. I refuse. But I have no clue what exercises to do. I'm planning on riding my bike and I'm cutting down on portion sizes. But,I don't want to gain bulky muscle and make it worse. I need something that like,would get me legs and stuff like,Sarah Hyland. Can you PLEASE help me go back to the size I originally used to fit in. And sorry this is long. But,I REALLY need help.

Hey girl!

You're definitely right about exercising and eating right; just make sure you stay healthy! Check out this part of the website for some helpful workout tips: http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx. Also no matter how much you workout, you may never look like the celebrity you want to. Every girl is built differently, but remember that all shapes and sizes are beautiful!

SarahO.

by sweetautumnsunshine on 5/22/2012 11:06:53 AM

Totally NAY all the way!!! people don't realize how bad it really is for you, and if a guy judges you on how dark your skin is, he's really not worth it. besides, people in France and some other European countries think that going all natural, pale or tan, is really the best. why can't people in America realize this too!!!!

by fallsb-ball on 5/21/2012 7:47:05 PM

@ Nikichic okay so you think ppl should tan so they can get cancer and die because the world is overpopulated...wow okay no offense girly but that's so dumb it's not even funny.

by Princess Keziyah on 5/21/2012 7:03:45 PM

@kirby<3
I tan alllllll year round what i do is that i put on sunscreen and do outside activities on sunny days like riding a bike,taking the dog on a walk,tossing a beach ball around with your besties, or even falling asleep outside! Remember to wear shorts,tank top, and some shades to have fun in the sun. Hope i helped! Xoxo

by YayaYuiki on 5/21/2012 6:22:00 PM

Mod Mod Mod I haven't had my period in a while!!! I have had it for about three years now. It usually pretty regular and my mom is starting to get worried. She said she is going to take me to the doctor and I am really scared! Could this be serious?

Hey babe,

Your flow won't be regular until years into your period.  It's probably nothing to worry about but it is a good idea for your mom to have it checked out.
Jordan S.

by 15hayhay on 5/21/2012 6:16:28 PM

oh god i will never in my life and i havent its bad my aunt almost died from using one so dont do it

by mlshay on 5/21/2012 4:36:16 PM

I am 12 and i am as white as a ghost. and i don not tan. like at all. i would love to get a tan but naturally. does anybody have any tips on how i can get tan naturally?

by kirby<3 on 5/21/2012 3:46:22 PM

This is great!!! The fact is that teens will hate it now, but they will thank the law makers in 15 years, when their skin isn't wrinkled, blotchy, and cancerous because of these horrible beds.

by zwinky on 5/21/2012 1:14:38 PM

I Definately think teens tanning is stupid and only destroying their bodies and tanning regularly pretty much guarantees cancer! I think all states should have a rule like that! If girls are worried that guys won't like them for that, everyone will be like that! Though with a law like this, I think there should be that with proof of a prom coming up, people can tan a few times just for prom, because almost ALL people use tanning beds just for prom.

by Scooby239 on 5/21/2012 11:25:32 AM

I HATE tanning beds, and I will never use one in my entire life, no matter what. Natural sun tan just looks.... more natural. Anybody could tell if you were pale one day and the next you walked out a tanning salon with a beach bum look. Plus, if you even need more persuasion, you have to pay to use a tanning bed, while a couple hours laying in the sun is free. Tanning bed also send out Ultra Violet rays that can give you cancer and damage ti your body. Just look up 'addictive tanning woman' on Google and you'll find some really gross pictures and articles about a woman who tanned WAY too much.

...need I say more?

by trw418 on 5/21/2012 9:43:57 AM

i hate laws like this. There is a point when the government needs to back off and let parents make these desicions. I go to a tanning bed, me and my mom both know the risks and she signed for me. tanning is MY personal choice.

by Tokyogirl98 on 5/20/2012 6:44:43 PM

I think this law is a good idea. Although I'm kind of skeptical as to how much good it will do because if kids really want to tan, they can always just lay out in the sun. I don't use tanning beds and I never will.

by supersingershannon on 5/20/2012 6:01:46 PM

Yes, I agree that they should be banned. They are very unsafe and unhealthy.

by LovePeaceHope on 5/20/2012 5:28:06 PM

total nay!! people get cancer and die from doing those.... people might feel beautiful after going to a tanning bed but it is dangerous and can kill you!!! dont do it! i dont mean to be a fuddy-duddy but its true!

hey girlies!!! please join my club,The Agency!!!!
For all you Middle School chicas who need advice on boys, beauty, friends, fitness or just some peeps to help you keep your cool during tough times. Along with the newest trends and gossip, you'll be hot stuff!

by ostar21 on 5/20/2012 5:26:57 PM

I dont think tanning beds are good but banning them for some people seems kind of harsh. It just seems weird where they would ban that but then still let you get birth control without requiring parental consent even if you are 12.

And that lady who was arrested for letting her 6 yo go with her was just plain scary looking.

by luckykel on 5/20/2012 12:56:58 PM

Nay!If you want to have skin cancer fine go ahead.Not under 18 though.It's harmful and new studies show you can get addicted.The problem with parents having to give parental consent is that they don't know the risks or they did it as kids and nothing happened to them.In schools they have to beef up the skin cancer education in health classes so less kids have to deal with skin cancer

by Rilu on 5/20/2012 12:24:35 PM

I think that tanning beds in general are a BIG no-no. It's giving you the WORST rays the sun has to offer, and you never know the dose your getting NOR do you know how clean they are. I actually think tanning beds are WORSE then regular tanning. I also think beautiful, clear, pale skin is better than a cliche'd tan.

by XxUTookMahFonexX on 5/20/2012 11:40:23 AM

okay so first: Yes, it IS the parent's responsibility to keep their kids from tanning.
But maybe tanning beds are a good thing. The world is so incredibly overpopulated, and so many people are getting cancer from tanning beds, maybe these things could help keep the population down. so I say, let teens tan.

by Nikichic on 5/20/2012 2:58:54 AM

Ikd where I stand, I know some people like tanning, But it's their decision. They should just be sure they are aware of what can happen and permission from parents

by promqueen105 on 5/20/2012 12:53:04 AM

@trident7 Why would you do that to yourself?! Thats just gross! You're going to end up looking like a walking raisin, and trust me, a guy would rather have a pale girl than an orange one!

by katester on 5/20/2012 12:12:18 AM

NAY!!! All of you girls can say you don't care about getting skin cancer now until you actually...idk...HAVE IT!!! You can even get burns from it. Oh and @trident7 Since you were 8?...sounds like somebody's gonna have skin cancer. I'm not trying to be mean but your mom needs to read this article maybe it will put sense in her head that TANNING IS RETARTED!!

by Princess Keziyah on 5/19/2012 11:53:26 PM

OMG!! TANNING MOM IS LIKE MY HERO!!! XD
LOL, I LOVE TANNING! BEING PASTY IN THE SUMMER IS SUCH A DRAG, ESPECIALLY WITH THE GUYS! NO GUY WANTS A PALE GIRL... THATS WHY I USE TANNING BEDS, AND HAVE BEEN SINCE I WAS 8! BEFORE THAT, MY MOM SPRAY TANNED ME, CUZ IM A PAGEANT GIRL!

by trident7 on 5/19/2012 11:21:01 PM

Moderator!
Don't you think it's very clueless and stupid to use tanning beds? All you have to do is get a natural tan (the sun's UV rays is less harmful than the ones in the tanning beds!), or get that spray tan! I've done a lot of research among this topic and I believe this is a complete outrage!

Hey girlie,

Personally I don't use tanning beds either - spending some time outside is healthy for your bod (Vitamin D, babe!) and you can always get a tan from a self-tanning lotion. But it's a personal choice and unfortunately some people make the less-healthy choice on this one... Frown
Lauren C.

by Kikikim8 on 5/19/2012 10:54:32 PM

Um a couple people said yes?? are u crazy??? tanning is harmful to those of you who say other wise did ya read the article it causes melanoma and i know someone who has skin cancer from tanning! i wouldn't tan even after i am 18!!!!

by Payton K on 5/19/2012 10:54:10 PM

You don't need to go to a tanning bed to get tan. All it takes for me to tan is to go outside and do something.

by jackieluvz on 5/19/2012 10:45:16 PM

How about no tanning beds for anyone? Pale skin is not necessarily a bad thing, and tanning beds are dangerous! I understand that they have the same effects as the sun, but when you can tan for twenty minutes and look like you spent hours outside, that doesn't seem right at all!

by Fly1213 on 5/19/2012 10:31:34 PM

NAY!!! My neighbor burned herself really bad in one and she still has a scar... also it gives you skin cancer =( DON'T DO IT!!!

by music191 on 5/19/2012 10:09:30 PM

NAY why would you go INSIDE for a tan when there is a SUN right outside the door besides tanning in a tanning bed is fake the sun tan is REAL

by pranksterqueen on 5/19/2012 9:44:12 PM

Nay! My cousin goes tanning every other day and I'm worried about her. I keep on telling her she'll get cancer, but she rolls her eyes and tells me she won't. If she doesn't stop, she's gonna find out how tanning is harmful the hard way.

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 5/19/2012 8:32:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! Thank you SOO much for posting so many things about how to get a flat tummy, i reached that goal in only 2 WEEKS! and its become my normal routine too do thos exerzizes! Plus i,ve bought books about hair face and nails and how to eat healthy by american girl and because of you i,m super confident about how i look and feel and i,m just feeling so blessed right now that you did that for me..thank you!

Awh, babe, I'm so happy to hear that!

Jordan S.

by emma2112 on 5/19/2012 8:15:42 PM

come join my club the wanted fans. if you love the band the wanted then this is the club for you

by jennanatasha on 5/19/2012 8:00:14 PM

MOD
in the summer, my mum makes me wear lotion spf bloody 50 or more(come on, what bloke has to wear THAT much?) so i hardly tan! Is there anything i can do to get brown-not red or white-skin over the summer? Naturally?

Hey babe,

She's right to have you wear 50.  Truth is, you're not even safe with 30 spf anymore considering how strong the sun's rays have become.  You actually still get rays through the 50, just stay out in the sun and you'll slowly get a safer brown.
Jordan S.

by Danerka on 5/19/2012 7:38:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD! I have a water park day at my school on June 6th. I want to wear a bikini top with board shorts. Is that okay for a 12 year old? I only have that or a bikini bottom. I don't feel comfortable wearing a bikini bottom. It feels too much like underwear to me and there's going to be the whole middle school boys there.I don't want to spend money buying a new suit because money is tight right now. Is that okay or inappropriate? I can convince my mom to buy me a new one but I don't want to. If I have to I will.

Hey babe,

If you feel more comfortable in board shorts, I say go for it!  Just make sure the top is anti-falling-down.
Jordan S.

by Torrie55 on 5/19/2012 6:57:11 PM

My opinion is a firm, whole-hearted NAY. Teens' skin is still so fragile, so if they start tanning now, they are even more at risk for skin cancer when they're older. Tanning doesn't even look that pretty. There are other, healthier ways of making yourself beautiful

by GodGirl828 on 5/19/2012 6:31:20 PM

Tanning is gross. I don't know why people want to be tan. I'd rather be pale than have skin cancer. Just sayin.

by 2ndstar on 5/19/2012 6:19:45 PM

I think you should be 18 to use a tanning bed. But nobody should because it's bad for you. Pale is beautiful! Smile

by unicornninja on 5/19/2012 5:57:01 PM

I think this possible tanning bed ban is a long time in coming; while we're at it, why don't we just get rid of tanning beds altogether, they are sooo bad for you. I do not use tanning beds to get my summer glow on.

by otter77 on 5/19/2012 5:47:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I really need your help. So i had this friend,(she was my BFF) and we sort of got in a fight,and now were not friends anymore. It's been 3 months,and ii really miss her,and I want to be friends again. What do I do????

Hey babe,

Accept the fact that you were both equally at fault and go say sorry.  Then talk it out and let her know how much you miss her.
Jordan S.

by FrenchRose on 5/19/2012 5:25:56 PM

First off, my mom wouldn't dream of taking me to a tanning salon: let alone let me use a tanning bed! That IS why God made beaches! And yeah some people could say "I don't live by a beach" so on nice sunny days lather up on sun screen and go and lay on your deck(: I got an amazing tan today

by BoysCheerleadingLife13 on 5/19/2012 5:18:14 PM

This is the club you can brag about your achievements. What are you proud of?

by kpianoplayer on 5/19/2012 4:57:08 PM

Hey livelaughdancejr, sounds like he likes you but is just confused. I think he wants to take things further but still wants to maintain that friendship. Just take your time getting to know him and see where it goes. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD!MOD!MOD! There is a boy in my class I really like. We can call him John. John and me have been flirting for a while. I like him and my best friend thought he liked me. She asked him, and John said he does like me. Then, he asked me out, and I said yes. A couple of hours later, he broke up with me because we were already friends and wants to keep it that way. We still text and talk, and I still like him. I am not sure what to do! Please help! Lynae P.

by livelaughdancejr on 5/19/2012 4:31:51 PM

no way! tanning beds are sooo dangerous! if youre really obsessed with being tan then get tanning lotion or go to the beach or something. why do you have to jump right to tanning beds? do it the safe way!

by fearless;) on 5/19/2012 2:51:52 PM

No! you can get skin cancer Frown

by coldplay12 on 5/19/2012 2:46:50 PM

y can't our sosiety just not care if we're tan or pale or what ever else but over the whole world they have these kinda problems

by coly33 on 5/19/2012 2:35:04 PM

Nay...You can get a tan naturally by just going out under the sun (with sunscreen of course). Its actually the UV rays from the sky that tan you and the sun is what burns you, so you can still tan w/ sunscreen. Paying like, 40-50$ just to get a tan that doesn't just tan you but can also kill you is just stupid. >.<

by inspire304 on 5/19/2012 2:13:33 PM

No!!!!!!!!!!! Thats really nasty and stupid! And also harmful!

by rowanaurelia on 5/19/2012 2:07:18 PM

Who would say "yay?" Seriously!

by AlwaysDreamer on 5/19/2012 1:44:21 PM

I think people should just get tan naturally instead of using that stuff. BE you with your regular tone.

by radiogirl on 5/19/2012 1:37:09 PM

Hey, cool its the newest thing!! You can pay to kill yourself (sarcastic)!!!!!!

They have thought of everything now!

Obviously NAY, skin cancer is a huge cause of death, who would want to promote that???

@Sami_McDoodle
IT IS HARMFUL!!!!
IT KILLS PEOPLE!!!

by colorqueen101 on 5/19/2012 1:23:18 PM

ban the tanning beds. if you REALLY want 2 b tan; get a spray tan or use bronzer

by soccerlover99 on 5/19/2012 1:22:15 PM

Nay. I think tanning beds are pretty lame. Why would you pay to harm yourself. When you tan, you are basically killing your skin cells. It does not even look good anyway. Tanning makes you look all orange and such. Why in the world would you risk your health for something as idiotic as this. What parent in their right mind would allow a minor to tan. If you want to be tan just spend more time in the sun. It is safer than all this junk. That is just my opinion. Everyone has a different opinion, I don't judge...

by angrybirds99 on 5/19/2012 12:28:01 PM

ughh, i don't care about the public's health anymore. if these people are so idiotic to tan then they deserve the cancer it'll give them.

by guitargirl7321 on 5/19/2012 12:19:09 PM

I would never tan but I think it's absolutely ridiculous that the government would pass a law about it. It's parents job to decide whether or not their teenagers(not kids, teenagers) should get to tan.

by rcy9 on 5/19/2012 12:01:57 PM

um, NAY! You yourselves made a big deal on how tanning beds were dangerous and that a fake tan is safer! Why are you putting this up? There is no need for a 'yay' comment! Tanning beds are dangerous and you're 75% more likely to get skin cancer or melanoma by using them!

by HelenaPS on 5/19/2012 11:55:59 AM

NAY. why do you even have to ask that? Tanning in tanning beds is tacky, promotes skin cancer, and either way, what guy would want to date a leather jacket, which is exactly what you'll become if you tan too much.

by fudgemonkey on 5/19/2012 11:44:15 AM

Neutral; my brother has psoriasis (skin condition) and tanning helps. But it can be harmful if done too long.

by Copperfrost on 5/19/2012 11:44:06 AM

Oh my gosh, why can't people just be happy with their normal skin color? And why would you want to pay for something that could kill you??

by monkeygal22 on 5/19/2012 11:06:32 AM

nay it actually is harmful and girls should be happy just the way they are. Meghan D.

by 12allie on 5/19/2012 10:37:51 AM

NAY it is just as bad as tanning which can lead to skin cancer

by unstopable on 5/19/2012 10:36:45 AM

NAY NAY NAY

It is HORRIBLE for your skin and can cause really bad side effects. Plus, if it messes up you are orange or half red

by mmo'g on 5/19/2012 10:33:42 AM

Nay all the way!

by pinklol56 on 5/19/2012 10:18:17 AM

NAY! i agree with epicforevs, tanning beds should be illegal. probably around half (maybe a little less) of the girls and even a few guys at my school go tanning, and some come back with burns because they stayed in too long. this one girl has her own tanning bed (weird) and she burnt the tip her nose. she freaked out and was like "don't look at me, it's horrible!" i already don't like her, but that whole situation is full of hippocracy and vanity, two qualities that become ever more prominent in our society.not that tanning beds are directly responsible for that, but it all adds up, you know?

by the_last_ninja on 5/19/2012 10:08:41 AM

No, I don't use tanning beds. I think they should pass the law!

by taylorswiftfan1233 on 5/19/2012 10:01:03 AM

NAY! because of tanning beds, tons of teens will get skin cancer. To remove the skin cancer, you have to have parts of your skin and flesh removed! I know this because my cousin uses a tanning bed and now she has skin cancer. Just use safer, spray on stuff. I think that tanning beds should just be plain old illegal.

by epicforevs on 5/19/2012 9:58:13 AM

Nay. It's really harmful and people get skin cancer from tanning.

by musicismylife198 on 5/19/2012 9:56:28 AM

Nay. It's terribly harmful. I don't understand why people in their right minds would purposely put themselves in harms way. I blame society. Because they want all girls to conform in to a certain look so that non of us are different. I also blame media. I mean, look what children are watching nowadays! Next Top Model, Jersey Shore, What Not To Wear. A million other things to top it off. Is this what we should be watching? This is what we have to idolize, here! I hope America is pleased with our generation. Because I, certainly, am not. This New Jersey mother has made me lost all hope in humanity and my dignity to live in the same state as that filth.

by angelicjade on 5/19/2012 9:55:51 AM

Nay! I think an under-18 crowd ban is a good idea. If teens really want to tan, they can use the spray-on stuff.

by MadiBird on 5/19/2012 9:47:09 AM

Nay. I don't think tanning is right, ESPECIALLY for minors. I can get harmful.

by footballstar on 5/19/2012 9:46:43 AM

It gives you cancer! If that isn't harmful, I don't know what is! Meghan D.

by New_York_City on 5/19/2012 9:44:53 AM

WHAT! It is so totally dangerous they shouldn't even be considering it. Since when is making girls the same "golden brown" shade as a hot dog beautiful? Plus, if millions of adults start dying of skin cancer who are they going to blame?

by puffinlover99 on 5/19/2012 9:41:25 AM

Nay!!! These are super harmful!! They cause cancer and other skin problems! You will never find me in one. @sami_McDoodle, they are very bad for you!

by Supersid on 5/19/2012 9:25:56 AM

Nay! It's actually really bad for you, and if you see people who become addicted to tanningbeds, they look like they were dipped in a deepfryer. Why can't girls these days just enjoy their skin color or do a little natural sun tanning, or buy a self tanner?

by Blushing-Beauty on 5/19/2012 9:23:17 AM

Nay! Lots of my friends have recently started tanning, and I don't think they should! Society needs to teach girls that you are pretty when you have pale skin too! It's really terrible because if you start this young, who knows what's gonna happen in 15 years! I'm not gonna lie, my skin is naturally "tan" so there is really no need for me to tan, but I still use at home bronzed and lotion. There are so many bronzers out there, that you shouldn't need to go tanning for weeks just to get a small difference in skintone.

by Hutchfan97 on 5/19/2012 9:05:55 AM

NO, tanning beds can give skin cancer, and people will regret it when they are older. They should have to wait until they are 18 or older. If you don't tan naturally than maybe your not meant to be tanning. Just use a lotion.

by Starrgirl1 on 5/19/2012 8:41:17 AM

alright, i dont use tanning booths. my mom n dad would KILL me. like literally. if the harmful stuff and cancer doesnt kill me first. i have no interest in using a tanning booth, i think its bad. n that six year old....thats insane. even if the mok didnt let her daughter tan, she shouldnt have brought her anyway. get someone to watch her, seriously. i think they should have a law saying that people under 18 shouldn't be allowed. just be happy with ur skin. and if u sit in the sun for a while, ull get the same result. just remember sunscreen!!! ;)

by musikluvr17 on 5/19/2012 8:09:51 AM

Yay! I don't tan but I find it stupid that people tan but outing a law on tanning is a great idea but children 14-17 should have the parent with them to prevent fraud.

by twise8484 on 5/19/2012 7:24:54 AM

It's awful! Anyone foolish enough to tan is going to pay the price later on in life Frown Karmmmma! Fake it. . . use self-tanning lotions and sprays - it looks the same and is a million times better for your health.

by BBMarie on 5/19/2012 7:14:58 AM

Tanning is terrible. People think that if they aren't getting a sunburn that it does not hurt their skin. This is wrong. Anytime your skin has a color change it is harmful. That color is caused by your DNA being mutated. It only takes one bad mutation to cause cancer. I think this ban is a great idea because it is protecting minors from harm. Also, tanning beds are not safer than the sun. The sun is millions of miles away. The tanning bed is a few inches.

by infinitepineapples on 5/19/2012 2:26:30 AM

It's still not a safe way too tan. (NAY!!!!!!) Plus you age alot faster when you tan like that. BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by charlotte12sky4 on 5/19/2012 1:58:28 AM

Nay to tanning beds... it's so stupid. Why not just use tanning lotion? It's safe and works just as well. Those are scary statistics for cancer...

by musicluva246 on 5/19/2012 1:34:17 AM

Nay; its really harmful.

by xaddalyn on 5/19/2012 1:01:44 AM

my friends mom has SKIN CANCER FROM TANNING! y would anyone want to tan? unless u want skin cancer. tannings harmful to your body, no one younger than 18 should be able to tan, it HARMS U!

by angie333 on 5/19/2012 12:59:33 AM

Yay! It's not like it's harmful, Also it makes girls happy & pretty, my sister (16) tans & whenever she comes home from tanning she's really happy, & she's always queit. But when she tans shes yelling & having fun! I think it's OK to have minors tan!(:

by Sami_McDoodle on 5/19/2012 12:39:24 AM

Nay!! It is so dangerous and harmful!! Just be happy with the skin you're in; you're perfect.

by MadMaddie911 on 5/19/2012 12:10:32 AM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATTENTION <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Do you love One direction? Is your greatest ambition in life to marry each and everyone of them? Than you are a directioner and therefore you should join my brand new club, One directioners unite! where we shall discuss our love for the band ^^ Only one position left. See you there!

by kayla9 on 5/19/2012 12:10:06 AM