12 HOURS AGO #BeautySpy: GL reader Anna I. shares her pretty, natural makeup routine: http://t.co/P3yvII6nCn pic.twitter.com/V6ISX6wkEM

13 HOURS AGO The only workout you need this summer: http://t.co/VmVICwjUfc pic.twitter.com/TmQrLcmwB2

14 HOURS AGO This story brings a whole new meaning to lifesaver: http://t.co/j4fDRmuQ66 pic.twitter.com/E8ZchgAuao

COMMENTS

Pump up your playtime with our Wii workout picks

There are all kinds of Wii games out now that claim to give ya good exercise, but you’ve been a li’l suspicious. After all, how could...

I am a soccer player and I work out a lot but I feel like I need to go to the gym and work out. Would my mom take me? I'm on a school team now and I need to be more in shape. I do Jillian Michaels on my wii and I do Wii Fit and I do all the Just Dance games. I still feel like I'm bigger even though I'm not. Can I have some advice please?

Hey girl!  You sound totally active which is awesome! Why don't you try asking your mom to take you to the gym, maybe you two could take a fun class together?  Congratulations on being on your school team!  Your teammates will definitely keep you motivated to work hard because you're all in it together.  Just keep active and eat healthfully and you'll be ready to rock the field!   xoxo
Maggie P.

by soccer911 on 6/26/2012 1:49:54 PM

i love just dance

by myfatsquirrel on 6/26/2012 9:36:52 AM

I wanna go to the gym, but I'm too scared to assk my mom! Help?

Hey girl,

What's there to be scared of?  Even if she doesn't say yes, there's tons of other ways to get in shape without having to have a gym membership.
Jordan S.

by xOCutie_CupcakesXo on 6/25/2012 10:32:48 PM

My fave workout video games are Wii Fit and Self-Defense Training Camp.

by supersingershannon on 6/25/2012 8:55:06 PM

I am a GL subscriber who also owns a nook tablet. Do i have to pay extra for the digital form on my nook? Also, i am on the GL website on my nook or phone more often than i am on a computer. Is a mobile website or nook app something that GL is looking into? Thanks so much.

by alicia1998 on 6/25/2012 8:10:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! I am 12 Years Old I am 5'5 and i weigh more than 130+ pounds! What are some good tips to lose alot of weight before I go school shopping?

Hey! just so ya know, girls’ bodies change  a ton during the teen years and weight gain is normal and restricting your diet drastically won’t actually help you lose weight. That being said I'm gonna direct you to our fitness page for all our info on healthy living Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/health-and-fitness.aspx

Helen S.

by smartcandy112 on 6/25/2012 7:41:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I am 11 years old, almost 5 ft., and weigh 111 pounds. Am I
overweight?

Hey! I don't think so, but that's a question that you should really talk with your doctor about. As long as you're eating enough and eating a balanced diet and getting enough physical activity, that's what's important.

Helen S.

by smileyfaceincallie on 6/25/2012 5:49:41 PM

I'm 11 years old, am almost 5 ft., and i weigh 111 pounds. Am i overweight?

by smileyfaceincallie on 6/25/2012 5:48:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I'm going camping in a couple of weeks and I don't know what to pack. My family and I do a lot of shopping when we go and go into the town, it's at a state park in Traverse City. We go with my parent's friends and we go to the beach. I already looked at the what to pack for a camping trip article and it didn't help because we don't usually go hiking. Also, we have a ton of down-time and there is no one my age there. Any ideas on what to do for a week? It will be with adults so I might be a little bored. Any ideas??? And it's a four-hour car ride so any things to do for that???? Thank you so much.

Hey cutie!

Definitely bring tshirts, athletic shorts, and maybe even sweats for hanging around. If you'll be going out to semi-fancy dinners, bring a few sundresses or jeans and cute tops (and sandals!). Bring flip flops but also some tennis shoes for walks, bike rides, etc. For down time (and your long car ride) bring a few magazines, a book, or an ipod. Chill out to some music and catch some rays when you have some spare time! Maybe bring a camera and start a scrapbook for your summer vacay. Have fun! Don't forget sunglasses!

Catherine C.