3 HOURS AGO 7 cute characters with closets to die for: http://t.co/Ls6Dd4Ygey

6 HOURS AGO #YouWroteIt! Check out this poem written by an awesome #GLgirl: http://t.co/c0qORtXZJL

7 HOURS AGO Kick your feet up in these fab flats: http://t.co/N5dTQXVe9K

COMMENTS

In the News: Should McDonald's be banned from the Olympics?

The 2012 Olympics are coming up fast, and the London Assembly has just made an unheard-of request: They would like the Olympic Committee to ban advertisements for...

I'm sure there are MANY people who would LOVE to sponsor them, instead of crappy McD's and Coca Cola (no offense)!!!
Plus, they are soooo encouraging everyone to have something from them and I thought the United States was trying to make the world more NON-OBESE!!?? Am I right??! Maggie P.

by pussycat103 on 7/12/2012 1:18:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD,
I love dance and I've been dancing for 11 years. People always say i have a great dancers body cause I'm long and lean. But I have boobs. I'm not saying I want to get rid of them but is there a way to make your boobs smaller naturally? I saw that losing weight can make then smaller but I really don't have that much weight to lose. Thanks!

Hey girlie, short of losing weight (which you don't want to do, especially if you're already lean and are dancing a lot), theres no way to make them smaller.  While you're dancing, you can wear a tighter sports bra to keep them closer to your body, but make sure you aren't doing it in a way that makes your boobs sore.  xoxo

Kate G.

by danceforever58 on 7/12/2012 12:33:41 PM

Its a good thing mcdonalds isnt in the olympics..i have never liked mcdonalds and i never will! i dont want to be fat when i am older so i chose not to eat it..unless my parents force it on me! anything HEALTHY should be sponsering..not unhealthy fast foods.

by ETheid on 7/12/2012 12:32:17 PM

WHY NOT LET A POPULAR SPORTS DRINK LIKE GATORADE/POWERADE SPONSER THE OLYMPICS??? It has some sugar in it, yes, but it's SO much healthier than most carbonated drinks! Just a suggestion! 😉 I have no clue why I typed in all caps but okay Smile

by jannabanana15 on 7/12/2012 11:19:49 AM

i'm going to go on vacation to visit family soon, but i want to stay fit. do you have any healthy eating suggestions(since we'll be eating out alot) and qiuck and easy exercises for on the go? thanks a ton Smile

Hey girl!  Good for you for wanting to stay in shape while on vacation!  If you're eating out a lot, try getting a salad to start or getting something grilled instead of fried.  Always always eat your veggies first, you'll get more full on those and won't chow down on the less healthy stuff!  As for exercises, why not take this opportunity to focus on toning instead of cardio? You can do push ups and sit ups when you wake up and finish off the day with squats.  While I'm on the go, I do wall sits while I brush my teeth, super easy and super effective! xoxo

Kate G.

by 86cutie on 7/12/2012 10:45:37 AM

I don't think there is a lot of childhood obesity, but I agree that Mcdonald's and Coca-Cola aren't the best products to eat/drink. If the olympics are supported by those two companies mainly, doesn't that make the athletes in the olympics seem kind of like on an unhealthy diet? If people think that and see the athletes perform thinking they eat/drink that company's products, than they will expecting to be fine if they eat it, right? I could be wrong, but that's just my opinion.

by glitterstars456 on 7/12/2012 10:40:29 AM

I dont think they should be banned. Not only are Coca-Cola and Mc Donalds faithful sponsers, its an ad... FOR THE OLYMPICS. It not like the ads are saying 'Oh go eat/drink our product and then sit on the cough and do nothing.' That is NOT what the Olympics are about! It basically just saying that sure you can eat/drink this, but go get ACTIVE. Sheesh. Food and drinks are NOT what solely causes obesity, its eating/drinking stuff and then doing nothing! Just excercise!

by sinkinginblack on 7/12/2012 10:38:21 AM

Advertisements don't make us buy their product: it's still our decision. Is there a lot of child obesity? yes, but that doesn't mean that it's the companies' fault, it's the parents' fault! McDonald's and Coca Cola may not have the healthiest food on the planet but it certainly isn't the worst thing ever. They act like these big companies are the issue when it's really the consumers' faults for eating large amounts of unhealthy food. No matter what it's our decision what we eat.

by dancer4life<3! on 7/12/2012 10:27:04 AM

I don't think they should banned it because these companies have been faithful to them and for them to just banned them wouldn't be fair.

by TinkerBell013 on 7/12/2012 10:17:15 AM

i think it should be banned from being an ad in the Olympics. the Olympics are about being fit and healthy and active. i'm not saying they should be banned on t.v just for the Olympics. yes, cutting it from t.v for a while wont make people stop being fat. but it makes sense not to have it for the Olympics.

by <3watermelon<3 on 7/12/2012 9:55:50 AM