3 HOURS AGO Which character from @thegivermovie are you? Take the quiz and find out: http://t.co/V1rdFyMROQ

4 HOURS AGO The thigh gap thing has gone far enough #BodyPeace: http://t.co/9KEmVRd8uf

5 HOURS AGO Because it's just not summer without s'mores: http://t.co/C4XwBBuHGX

COMMENTS

4 signs your period is coming

Your period always come at the most annoying times, but it’s even worse when you’re not expecting it. If your periods have been irregular, there are still...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Please help! i get these like fake periods where i get cramps and nausea and diarrhea and headaches and more discharge than usual,just like when i actually get my period (ive had my period 3/4 times)(btw is it normal to have all those things going on?), but it dosen't come!!the PMS stuff goes on for about a week,then just stops.this is when i would get my period and while i have it i get some symptoms but not much.But sometimes PMS then nothing!i asked my mom and she says that sometimes her ovulation hurts like pms too, and that could be it but ive never heard that before.Please Help!!!! also ive gotten periods w/ a week(or more) of warning,and ive gotten ones that its just suddenly there with me having no idea i was about to get it.is this a normal thing?
thanks in advance!!!!

Hey chica! Not knowing when your period is coming sometimes and then knowing other times is completely normal, just not so fun. It's also normal for you not to get your period on a regular basis yet. As for the rest of it I would definitely talk to your mom more and express your concern! Maybe seeing the doctor would be a good idea! Going to the doctor and talking to them about this can help you understand what's going on with your body and how to control it/stop it. Here's an article that address pms and ways to help it! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/07/23/Banish-PMS-Forever.aspx ! xoxo

Carly S.

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 8/22/2012 12:34:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
HELP!
my bf invited me to his pool today and i REALLY want to go! But i have my period and i cant get a tampon in. Is there anything else i can use in the water? And do u know why the tampon wont go in? Thanks (:

Hey sweets! I think a tampon is your best option with water. Try reading the instructions that come in the box or looking it up online! This link should help! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/06/23/007-Period-Advice.aspx  If you still can't get it talk to an adult or another girl who has gotten her period that you feel close with! I'm sure they'd be happy to help! xoxo

Carly S.

by Raina_smith on 8/22/2012 12:00:20 PM

MOD MOD,
My period was 10 days early this month. Is that normal? I'm kinda freaking out because it was 5 days early last month. Please help me. Thank you!

hey! is it your first year of having it? sometimes it can be irregular in the first year

Helen S.

by ilovedance12 on 8/21/2012 7:13:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
PLEASE HELP!!!
(i dont think the mod i was talking to is online anymore so, here is my story again: i got my first period today, and my dad isnt home so hes picking up some pads when he gets back from work, the only thing that i could find in my house were tampons, so i tried using them, it hurt so like the other mod said to do im using toilet paper). But now my dad just called and he said its impossible to come home before 10pm so i dont think that the toilet paper will work, because my period just got heavier, so i tried using tampons again. I can get the applicator in just fine but everytime i push the actuall tampon in i feel light-headed and dizzy. What else can i do to make it go in easier? Thanks Smile

Hey! be sure you're following the box's directions and check out these tips on how to insert a tampon: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/06/23/007-Period-Advice.aspx

Helen S.

by Raina_smith on 8/20/2012 6:26:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Hey chica! Try taking a warm bath (it'll help with the cramps) and call your dad to see if he's okay with your taking ibuprofen for your aches and pains.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Raina_smith on 8/20/2012 3:56:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
i gave up and just put some paper towels in my underwear like u said to do.... But now my stomach hurts really bad. So does my head and my back, is this normal? And how do u relieve cramps and headaches and backaches? Thanks

Hey girl, sorry the tampon didn't work out for you! Definitely try again later today or tomorrow after you gave yourself a break! All those aches can be due to your period. You can try eating a banana and using a heating pad to ease those muscles,

here are some more tips:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/11/15/Knock-out-those-period-blues-before-they-get-to-you.aspx

xoxox

Lauren I.

by Raina_smith on 8/20/2012 3:49:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
MOD
I can get the applicator in but when i actually try to push the actual tampon
In it kind of hurts. Oh and my dad and i just moved in here to be closer to a highschool (my old house didnt have a highschool close to it) so i dont know anyone so i cant borrow a pad. Do u know why it might be hurting?

Hey girly! Sorry to hear about all the tampon trouble! Tampons can be tricky and take some getting used to. If it hurts, you might not have the right angle. Try reading this article: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/04/19/Tampon-trouble-It-still-hurts.aspx

If you’re at your wits end with tampons, stuff some paper towels in your undies and wait for dad to get home with some pads. They are much easier! Try a nice hot shower to pass the time. The hot water will help with cramps and distressing and you won’t have to worry about blood in the shower!

Lauren I.

by Raina_smith on 8/20/2012 3:10:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD (kate g)
I searched up dirrections on google, and i tried like 3 times, but i cant get the tampon in all the way. It hurts when it get it halfway there. Do u have any tips? Thanks

Hey girlie! You have to relax and push through the discomfort.  Putting a tampon in the first time is pretty uncomfortable, so you might just have to push through it.  I know relaxing is silly advice for the awkwardness of putting in a tampon, I know, but when you are tense, it makes it hard to go in.  Make sure you have the skinniest tampon you can find.  Do you have neighbors your age you know really well or a friend who lives within walking distance?  If so, see if they can lend you a pad or pantyliner.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Raina_smith on 8/20/2012 1:36:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I think i just had my first period.....
I woke up this morning and there was blood all over my underwear. (does that sound like my period?) I was going to put a pad on but all we have in the house is tampons ( they were my sisters before she moved out) and i was never taught to use them or taught about my period because my mom died after i was born. How do u get a tampon in? And my dads at work and ive already tried getting the stain out, but its not coming out, what halpens if my dad figures out, what do i tell him? Thanks Smile

Hey girl! I'm sorry you have to go through your first period without your mom around, that must be really hard for you.  Your dad knew this was going to come eventually, and depending on how old your sister was when your mom died, he might have already gone through it.  Call your dad and tell him you're going to need him to pick up pads and panty liners on the way home from work.  Ask nicely, he might be embarrassed, but I'm sure he'll do it anyway.  Then, look in the tampon box, there are usually instructions. If not, there are instructions online (be careful when you search, look for instructions on the website of the tampon company).  Call your sister, she might be able to help you out to and give you some moral advice.  If you're worried, talk to an aunt, grandmother, or a friend's mom who you are close with. xoxo

Kate G.

by Raina_smith on 8/20/2012 12:15:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My period has been going on for 11 days now and my period doesnt look like its gonna stop anytime soon (counting today) and i want to go see a doctor but i dont know how to tell my dad (my parents are divorced, live in different states and im at my dads house for the rest of the week) i was thinking of calling my mom (i dont have a cell) from the house phone but it costs money to call someone from a different state. Is a 11- day period normal? And how do i tell my dad? Thanks Smile

Hey chica! Periods can be that long, but it's pretty unusual.  Tell your dad that you need to talk to your mom about something and call her.  Tell him "it's a girl thing" and he'll understand.  Explain the situation to your mom, and she'll know whether you should call a doc or not.  If so, explain you need to go to the doctor to your dad, and I'm sure he'll get you where you need to go. xoxo

Kate G.