5 HOURS AGO This #GLgirl gives you the scoop on gorg glowing skin: http://t.co/iY3iYtAtF7

8 HOURS AGO Currently swooning over these adorbs beach bags: http://t.co/GT2oH9Il1x

9 HOURS AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

COMMENTS

What do guys consider "going out"?

What do guys consider “going out”? Are you going out if you call each other? Do stuff together? I’m confused. Dave: Guys tend to take things literally. Therefore...

MOD MOD MOD:
I want to start wearing makeup, (before school starts) but I don't know how to bring it up with my mom because I don't know how she'll react. Any ideas?

Hey girl! NExt time you're headed to the grocery store or BTS shopping with your mom, bring up that you'd like to pick up some mascara or lip gloss if it's okay with her.  They key is to show her that you can put on a little bit of makeup (instead of a whole face of makeup, which she might not think you're ready for).  If she says no, you'll have to follow her rules, but if you ask calmly, she might say yes! xoxo

Kate G.

by HMS712 on 8/8/2012 11:21:43 AM

This is gross, but lately vaginal area is burning! It's also a little red. I think I'm about to get my first period soon. Could this have anything to do With that?? Also, I can't exactly see a doctor because I'm in another country! Do you think I should just wait a few days to see if it still hurts? Thanks

Hey chica! If you just wait a few days to see if it calms down, you should be fine.  If it doesn't, talk to your mom- you might have an infection.  xoxo

Kate G.

by eemmais1 on 8/8/2012 10:07:30 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
PLEASE HELP.
so i have this friend who really bugs me... she has to do everything with me. we dont got to the same school, however when we are together she has to do it everything with me. in addition, my parents think we are like bffs because she wants to do everything with me. and our parents are friends so they offer to take her places with us when i dont want to and want to take other friend. people say we look like too, which doesnt help at all either. please help it bothers me a lot. It is like if we go somewhere and i go see someone, she calls me to get me back where she is. and when i go buy food, she has to tag along. I dont really get it. i want to be independent but she prevents me from doing that. help!!! thanks

Hey Girl,

I know you feel annoyed but try to take it as a compliment that she wants to be around you so much. She probably feels lonely and doesn't have many other friends. Why not introduce her to a few new friends? That way she'll have more options when she's looking for someone to hang out with. In the mean time, try not to hurt her feelings-- maybe suggest a group hang out so she'll meet new people!

best of luck!
simone s.

by kmn21 on 8/7/2012 2:03:23 PM

MODMODMOD
I don't know if u can help me with this but...
I'm buying a Naked palette from urban decay and want to know if I should get Naked or Naked2.
I have dark brown eyes, dark brown/black hair, black eyebrows and lightish medium skin.
Any idea which would be better? Xoxo

Hey girl! Ask the girls at the makeup store you go to.  If you're ordering online, look at the reviews, a lot of people mention their coloring and you'll be able to see who likes what colors.  xoxo

Kate G.

by spacemadness on 8/7/2012 11:03:13 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Whenever I chat with my crush on my email account he always uses short words or just emoticons,should I take this as a bad thing? Or is it just the way 12 year old guys are?

Hey girl, Unfortunately, that's just the way guys are.  We're more into talk, and guys like doing things more, so guys of any age tend to use pretty short language.  xoxo

Kate G.

by snagmonkey on 8/7/2012 2:43:08 AM

I don't know why, but everytime I talk to a guy I like, I get awkward. It might be because of summer (because I haven't hung out with my friends) and the only human contect I've had is with my family, my bestfriend, and a few other friends (on facebook usually). It never was like this. I used to be funny and full of life, but now when I talk to people (Especially guys I like) I either come off weird or mean. How can I fix this? Also, how can I make up for silly things I've said? Also, I'm going to a different school than everybody I know, so will my new peers have to hear my awkwardness from now on?

Hey girl! You might be a little out of practice with flirting or small talk (it happens to the best of us), so before school starts, have a get together with some friends and get back in the swing of being your old self.  When you start at your new school, don't think about how awkward you are, think of how awesome you are! Focusing on your good points will keep you feelin' confident and ready to make new friends! xoxo

Kate G.

by xXKattXx on 8/7/2012 2:29:22 AM

MODMODMOD!!!
So recently I started dating my brother's best friend. My brother is cool with it, but my parents aren't so into the idea. They let me date who I want, but when we (my bf and I) are in the same room with my parents, it's awkward. Its not that they don't approve of him, it's that they don't like that he's at our house pretty much 24/7... I admit, we might spend a little bit too much time, but do you think they're overreacting?
Oh, and another question. My last boyfriend and I had sex. I didn't like it, and I'm not exactly proud of it, but we did. My last boyfriend is friends with my current. Do you think my boyfriend will pressure me to do things with him too? He doesn't seem like it, but IDK, I didn't think my ex would either.
Thanks!!!

Hey girl! To keep your parents happy, make sure your BF is going home at a reasonable time (or that you're not spending all your time with him when he hangs out with your bro late at night).  I'm sure your parents are just worried that all the time you guys spent together is going to lead to something serious, and they're naturally worried about that.  That brings me to your next question- NEVER let a guy pressure you into sex. Just because you've had it once, you don't need to have it with every guy you date.  If he pressures you, he isn't worth your time. xoxo

Kate G.

by whycantibeaninjaturtletoo on 8/7/2012 2:14:14 AM

MOD-
I know I'm a little out of the age group of typical GL girls, but I need some quick advice! I've been homeschooled my entire life, and I'm about to enter the 12th grade in a new state (we're moving). I've taken figure skating for years, but watching the Olympics has made me realize that I really should be pursuing my love - swimming. I work for a small boutique chain and have been planning to transfer stores, I just need to call the manager to confirm things, but I just heard from the swim team coach at the school I'll be going to, and she told me the swim team is super serious. I used to take private lessons, but I've never been on a swim team before, and haven't swam in years. Should I let go of my skating and my job to get top notch coaching in swimming? (That is, if I even get on the team.) It's a big risk, but the pay off would be amazing!! Then again, I've called the manager of this store so much asking to transfer, and I don't want to be a jerk by backing out now!

Hey girl! It seems like a pretty big risk to give up ALL of your extracurriculars just for one thing that might not pan out.  If swimming is all you want to do, the you can go for it, but giving up a job, skating, starting at a new school AND trying out for a super serious team seems like a lot of changes to handle at once.  Ultimately, it's up to you, but it's definitely something you need to talk to your parents about and think about a lot.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by Jen on 8/7/2012 12:54:10 AM

i went out with this guy and now he is a jerk

by 1120sami on 8/6/2012 6:49:52 PM

mod mod mod!!!!
ok so my friend took me on vacay with her, and her bro brought a friend too. well we bacame friends, and a isota think he likes me but idk he says he doesnt. we text all the time and he asked if i would date him and i said i might (but hes 15 and im 13) but my mom would kill me and he said he would date me...hes a flirt but does he like me or not?

hey! I don't know it kind of seems like he does.

Helen S.