9 HOURS AGO Get fit quick with out #Tabata workout: http://t.co/thbT28QpPs

12 HOURS AGO She caught her BF cheatin' in the theater! What would you do? http://t.co/BXimWwZeWK

13 HOURS AGO Check out an original poem written by a GLgirl just like you: http://t.co/7RR2L2BJVs

COMMENTS

The easy move for totally toned thighs

Be a DIY thigh master with this anytime move you can do pretty much anywhere (though on stage at a school assembly isn’t exactly our first choice...

Mod mod mod mod mod Do you think 14 is a good age to start taking pilates? I really want to do it c:

Hey girl,

I don't think age is a factor as much as your fitness level, so if your parents are fine with you taking a class or using a pilates video, that's a great way to get toned!

Meghan D.

by MusicIsLove123 on 12/29/2012 10:11:55 PM

mod mod
hi. so, i play on my school's boys football team (we dont have a girls team, & im the only girl on the team), and lately ive been getting a lot of nasty comments from other girls, saying things like "shes only doing it to hook up with all the guys" and stuff like that- im not, i genuinely love football. ive been trying to ignore them, but its getting worse. what should i

Hey girl, I'm so sorry to hear that. First of all, it's awesome you're playing football because you're passionate about it. Do not let what those other girls say get to you. Take the high road and ignore them. If one makes a snide remark to your face, tell her flatly you're on the team because you love the game, not because you're trying to get with the guys playing it. So long as you know the truth and are proud to proclaim it, what those girls think won't matter (they're probably just jealous you do get to hang out with all those cool guys anyway).

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by dancergirl73 on 9/10/2012 8:25:57 PM

Mod mod mod
I didn't really do anything this summer except stay in my house all day (lame, I know.) So, I ended up gaining like 8 pounds! Never. Again. Plus, I already had a few pounds to lose. It's in my thighs, hips, booty, and my belly. How can I get rid of it ASAP? I want to be in the best shape ever by the end of the year so I can start off 2013 right. Which gives me a few months, but I really just want to shed this excess weight as soon as I can. I also have a really hard time keeping up with exercise routines. And eating healthy is a huge challenge for me, for some reason. Any tips?
By the way, I'm home schooled (*sigh* -- I hate it) so I can't join track or any sports or anything.
Thank you in advance!

Hey Graciegang, click this link http://www.girlslife.com/Search.aspx?q=exercise, for a whole range of articles on dieting and exercise tips! Good luck and hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Graciegang on 9/6/2012 11:35:55 PM

I keep on asking questions & when I check back for a response I see my comment & then an admins name or something at the end of the comment but no response! Whats going on.??!

Hannah H.

by VictoriaBieberz on 9/4/2012 3:58:09 PM

Hey! I have problem, I have HORRIBLE cardio. I am most definitely not over weight & I used to be a pro at the pacer test in school now when I attempt to run of the treadmill I can only run for about TWO minutes. What's going on & how can I increase my cardio big time?

Hannah H.

by VictoriaBieberz on 9/4/2012 3:14:05 PM

Mod mod mod
How can i feel more awake in the morning? I have to get up at 6 or earlier and even though i get 9+ hours of sleep i feel tired. How can i boost my energy? Thanks

Hannah H.

by Brookerb on 9/3/2012 9:15:59 AM

Mod mod mod
School starts tomarrow And i have gym 3rd hour every other day. My face gets really red really easily and my gym teacher make us run a lot. Then its emabarrassing to go to my next class! How can i keep this from happening? ThanksSmile

Hannah H.

by Brookerb on 9/3/2012 9:12:56 AM

Mod, MOD, MOD
My question was what are exercises for legs, thighs, and abs. Also if the G-life Healthy You program is still going on and if so could you give me the link plz.
Thanks

Hey girlie,

We still post Healthy You articles sometimes, but the official "program" is over for now. But you can still catch all the articles by going to the Healthy You Program tag - it's never too late to start from the beginning and work through them so you can get in shape! Plus, use the Healthy You journal on your profile to keep track of your fitness progress <3

+ http://www.girlslife.com/tag/healthy-you-program.aspx

As for leg, thigh and ab workouts, here are the tags to our faves! Good luck girl!

+ http://www.girlslife.com/tag/favorite-ab-workouts.aspx

+ http://www.girlslife.com/tag/lean-leg-workouts.aspx
Lauren C.

by lotsaluv101 on 8/30/2012 5:32:50 PM

MOD, MOD, MOD
If you look below, you only answered one of my questions... so if you could answer that now, that would be great!
Thanks!

Hey!

What was your question girlie?
Alexis G.

by lotsaluv101 on 8/30/2012 11:20:12 AM

MOD,MOD,MOD
What are some other leg and thigh exercises? Oh and and some abs and arm exercises? Well, basically I need all the kinds of workouts like full-body toning and such, Because I've been trying the GL workouts for like a month and im seeing results on my abs, but not much on my thighs and legs. Also, what are some healthy eating choices that I can make thats NOT almond butter (allergic) , plain or greek yougurt (bleh!). One more thing, when I was at the library I was reading your past issues and they talked about the g-life, healthy body, healthy you program. Is that still goning on and if so could you redirect me to it somehow? I need to loose weight and not just for the sake of dropping pounds and sizes, but for me and so I can start living a healthy life. Please be specific when answering my questions.
Thanks!

Hey girly, glad that your trying to live a healthier life!  Keep up with the GL excersizes and stay active and your bound to see results. It might just take some time. Look here for some healthy food ideas: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/06/27/Fuel-up-right-with-these-post-workout-eats.aspx
Lauren I.