9 HOURS AGO 5 steps to follow in a friend fight: http://t.co/kh28xT5dTJ

10 HOURS AGO Magical school dance moments we heart from movies: http://t.co/B8F8A0Ukhs

11 HOURS AGO How to kick that your horrible nail biting habit for good: http://t.co/JqjwhgZWxM

COMMENTS

Fact or fiction: Getting your ears pierced really hurts

My mom said I could get my ears pierced when I turn 12, and my birthday is right around the corner. I’m really excited, but I’m...

@ rosiekitty94, I got my ears pieced at Wall-Mart too, they did a fab job! Someone who did your ears must of not of been experienced. I got my ears pierced when I was like 5 years old. Didn't hurt at all.

by Chloe<3 on 9/6/2012 7:40:45 PM

Getting my ears pierced hurt. I mean, I said "OW" when she shot me in the ear, and my head was hurting for a couple hours later.
Then, lo and behold, my ears got infected because the woman at Claire's put the back of the earring on crooked. (FYI, everyone I know who has gotten their ears pierced at Claire's has gotten an infection. EVERYONE.)
I'm allergic to nickel as well, so I can't wear cheapie earrings or my ears flair up, meaning that for the past three years, my ears have gone thru flair up after flair up. It's worth it to wear earrings, but gosh, it can be a real pain!

by marym on 9/6/2012 7:35:27 PM

I got mine pierced at walmart. They somehow managed to pierce them crooked and burst a blood vessel.I didn't realize that before the 8 weeks I was supposed to keep them in 24/7 was up. I ended up with a blood clot. So, if you're getting your ears pierced don't go to walmart, and when in doubt ask your doctor! that way you can fix any problem and don't have to let the holes close up!

by rosiekitty94 on 9/6/2012 6:57:46 PM

I just got my ears pierced last week (I'm twelve too btw) and I didn't feel really anything.

by daisyrox6 on 9/6/2012 6:37:21 PM

Mod mod mod why do people assume I'm only one type of person? And everyone thinks of me as a different one? But really I'm not one set type of person I'm a very diverse person like I go to parties but I also are very active in youth group, I love music but I also are really into Shakespeare
I love butterflies but skulls are pretty cool too.

Hey girl,

Sometimes we forget that there are millions of other people surrounding us with just as much of a diverse mind as our own. Just keep being yourself and the people around you will realize what an awesome and interesting girl you are!
Alexis G.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/6/2012 12:49:16 PM

Mod mod mod
How do you know what's acceptable in different social places?

Hannah H.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/6/2012 12:46:07 PM

Mod mod mod how can you encourage your friends to make better choices without being annoying?

Hey babe,

As a friend you should be able to talk to your girls about anything, especially if its for their own good. Just be honest with them and if they don't listen to first time around make sure your available for support. Sometimes that's the best thing you can do. xoxo
Alexis G.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/6/2012 12:44:26 PM

Mod mid mod
There are some pretty scary people at places I hang out at, I don't want to leave them out of giving them an invitation to something but I'm very nervous to approach them? Help!

Hey girl,

If you're scared don't feel pressured to put yourself in a situation you're not comfortable with, but being nice never hurt anyone! Just be as friendly as possible and the people you perceive as scary might turn out not to be so scary after all.
Alexis G.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/6/2012 12:42:47 PM

Mod mod mod
I'm having a hard time dealing with a lot of things
Coping tips please?

Hannah H.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/6/2012 12:40:37 PM

Mod mod mod
What are some good activities to do in a homeschool group? What are some good field trips to go on?

Hey girl,

Check into local museums and outdoor learning centers. There are tons of fun and educational activities around you, all you gotta do is look!
Alexis G.