Bridget M.

is modding

AN HOUR AGO GUYS take notes! This is how ya get a girl to kiss you under the mistletoe: http://t.co/clBpvS11XK

2 HOURS AGO 5 super cute Christmas manis to rock right now: http://t.co/PdcCen0EDE

3 HOURS AGO Find out how Santa made this little girl's real life dreams come true: http://t.co/IJavBkaP0Y

COMMENTS

How to charm your homeroom teacher

You might think that your homeroom teacher isn’t all that important ‘cause after all, you only see him or her for a little bit each week. But...

MOD MOD!
Ok thanks so much!! He honestly is very mature for his age..not like most freshmen guys. But I don't see us rushing into a relationship or anything right now....we just end up seeing eachother a lot since we're family friends. And it's nice to know I can flirt with him without stressing about breaking any laws..thanks for calming me down a bit!! lol

by maggie183 on 12/10/2012 7:35:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Ok thanks--just btw I'm the one older then him by 2 years though not the other way around..not sure if that makes a difference?

Hey girl,

That wouldn't make a difference in terms of it's still not illegal to date him! If you think he's mature enough even though you're in different grades, it could still work if you see eye to eye on things and your parents are okay with it. Girls mature faster than guys, though, so two years might be a big difference in high school, but only you (and your parents) can be the judge of that!

Meghan D.

by maggie183 on 12/10/2012 7:19:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
I need advice, I'm really stressing over something.
Ok so this guy likes me and I'm starting to like him back but he's in 9th grade and I'm in 11th. The age gap doesn't feel big or bother either of us when we're together but then at school it suddenly does seem pretty huge that there's a whole grade in between us. And then I heard someone say that it's illegal for someone 16 or older to go out with someone under 16..and I'm 16. Anyway that freaked me out and made me feel like it's really bad and weird that I've been flirting with this guy..and now I just need advice. We aren't dating or anything, we're family friends so we've just been hanging out and stuff..is that really bad tho??
Please answer..thanks<3

Hey girl,

Two years might not seem like a lot, but it can make a big difference when you're young! I'm not sure about the laws since they vary by state, but I don't think they refer to just dating because dating isn't illegal. It's not about whether it's good or bad, because there's no right or wrong age difference, so it depends on how you feel in the relationship. If you want to spend time with him, don't let other people tell you what you should and shouldn't do--just make sure you are both on the same page if you do start dating. And make sure your parents are okay with you dating an older guy!

Meghan D.

by maggie183 on 12/10/2012 6:58:48 PM

the only "homeroom" i have is a 20 minute advisory period. my adviser is my German I teacher so i see him for 76 minutes out of the day

by alindgren on 10/18/2012 2:21:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please answer this! No one has been answering all my questions lately! Frown So, I am doing bad at my Chemistry, Geometry and English class right now! What should I do? I study hard and take my test. I thought I do good, but I always ends up a bad grade! Help pleeaseee????

Hey girl, why not try getting a little extra help? See if your school offers peer tutors who you can meet with each week to have a little extra help going over the material. That one-on-one instruction can seriously make such a difference because they can focus on what you may not get!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by JaliceFan01 on 9/24/2012 8:30:03 PM

What if you have a homeroom teacher who is kind of hot and wears nice looking clothes. I had a dream about one of my teachers, may have had it because he is good looking. Felt weird to see him the next day after my dream.

by fashionqn on 9/22/2012 12:26:29 PM

mod mod mod mod
I am only a 32A and I'm 16. I dont really mind the size but I have no cleavage at all. Even when I wear push up bras! Is there anything I can do to make my cleavage more noticeable?

Hey girl,

You really don't need to make that more noticeable, especially not at your age--you don't want to attract any attention for the wrong reasons! Your body can keep growing until you're 18, so you might increase a size, but if you don't, try to be happy with your size because it doesn't matter at all and everyone is different!

Meghan D.

by gleek97 on 9/22/2012 12:35:04 AM

thanks GL 4 this post! i know i shouldn't care but i like when the kids respect their teachers thx keep it up GL u guys rock!!!(:

by aki2000 on 9/19/2012 9:04:34 PM

I'm pretty new to GL (and I am lovin' it!) An email was sent to my dad, and he confirmed that my profile page could be visible. When I go to my profile it says "Your profile is being moderated...check back in a few!" It's been like that since yesterday. When will I be able to have my profile publicly visible?

by Lady Grey on 9/19/2012 5:44:05 PM

mod mod mod
whats some good field trips n activities to do with a homeschool group?

Hey girl! Trips to museums or nearby historical sites are always great places to go. It's even better if the trip correlates to what you're learning. So if you're learning about a specific civil war battle that happened nearby, visit the site! Or if you're studying Native Americans, see if there's a reservation in your state that you can visit!

xoxo

Katie L.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/19/2012 2:20:03 PM

lol i just had to read this but my homeroom teach hates my close friend i only have class with him so i talk with him in homeroom but teach hates him b/c he watched our lunch period last yr and it got wierd and creative there were random fights of the food variety and also yelling of names. my friends make no sense but its never dull.

by colie34720 on 9/18/2012 8:19:45 PM

My advisory (that's what we call homeroom at my school) teacher is the Vision 21 teacher, so I know her from last year
I don't have advisory in an actual classroom, just the library
And my friends and I love to gossip with (with, not about) my advisory teacher lol

by Bobalina on 9/18/2012 7:28:16 PM

I'm a 15 year old girl, and I loooove movies! That's something that's stuck with me forever, unlike all those other phases! I'd love to have a film themed room, and ideas?! I'd love dark grey and red for the walls! Not sure about anything else! Nothing too overkill plz! Haha! For a little inspiration some of my favorite movies are The Lost Boys, The Phantom of the Opera (2003), any Tim Burton films especially Sleepy Hollow, Secret Window, Benny and Joon, Romeo and Juliet (1996), Titanic, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Harry Potter series, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, and many many more! Smile Thanks MOD! Smile

Hey babe,

I'm a huge movie buff too!  I think the best thing you could do is a wall full of movie posters to really fit the theme that you want.  Try out a site like allposters.com and find all of your faves.
Jordan S.

by selgomez1997 on 9/18/2012 7:24:44 PM

Me too @Dawnstar, I've never heard of this before.

by fireworks1071 on 9/18/2012 7:13:30 PM

Some of my most challenging homeroom sitches and solutions are having no friends in homeroom and not liking your teacher, and pretend that you are doing work so you do not have to pretend to talk to anybody and try to be super nice so they will have no reason to hate you.

by otter77 on 9/18/2012 6:29:27 PM

My school doesn't do this. We go to our first class right away.

by Dawnstar on 9/18/2012 4:32:51 PM

Don't stop reading! It's going to get better. Join the Smartical partical club, a club for geeks and geek girls! Ιοιν θε σμαρτικαλ παρτικαλ κλυβ

by Prim on 9/18/2012 3:50:37 PM

PERFECT! My teacher can be a real butt sometimes! Smile Thank you SO much for this!

by Hannah.orangecheer1 on 9/18/2012 3:37:32 PM