AN HOUR AGO Who else is tired of their makeup fading after like one hour? We've got the beauty fix: http://t.co/Mm69I8dA4Z

2 HOURS AGO The Radio Disney Music Awards are next week! Get ready with @olivia_holt, @PeytonList & @SpencerBoldman: http://t.co/XT42Ztqijs

3 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 5 chicas will nab a Push-Up Brow Highlighting Pencil from @boomboombrowbar: http://t.co/7wPg5Wdm5X

COMMENTS

Sweet! The 15 prettiest Homecoming dresses under $60

It’s that time of year again; the leaves are falling, schoolwork is in full swing and the big fall dance is just around the corner. It can...

My school's winter dance is coming up, and I don't know what I should wear! The dance is casual dress, but I don't want to show up in a sweater and jeans. But I don't want to show up in a sparkly dress either. All the dresses I have are spring dresses, except for one short-sleeved purple sweater dress, and I don't want to spend a lot on something new. It's before Christmas, so I want to be kinda- festive. I may have a date(if he says yes) so I want to look cute, but I want to be comfy and casual. Any suggestions? And if you have any ideas for hair and makeup too, that would be awesomeSmile

Hey rebecca18, I think a sweater dress would be the right amount of casual and stylish. A red sweater dress would be really festive with black tights and flats. For makeup try mascara, black eyeliner, light eyeshadow and nude lipgloss. For hair try curling or straightening it. Add some accessories and you're good to go. Have fun! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by rebecca18 on 11/18/2012 11:17:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I am trying to find a dress for my friend. She wants it to have a high neckline, be just below the knees, and short sleeves. Please direct me to inexpensive dresses fitting the description. My friend is also curvy. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Hey girlie, sometimes it's hard to find what you're looking for without just going to stores and checking out what they have. Try some inexpensive department stores. You can also look at ModCloth online. They have some dresses that might fit what you're looking for.

Lauren T.

by dance/musicluver316 on 9/30/2012 8:04:23 PM

MODMODMOD! My homecoming theme is Blacklight so Im looking for a neon dress that would go well with the neon converse i wanna wear. I also NEED it to be cheap (less than $50). Do you have any suggestions? Thanks! Smile

Hey girl,

Urban Outfitters and Forever 21 usually have tons of cheap neon options, so I would look there! This post also has a link to a super cute neon dress that is only $16.50 Smile http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/08/23/Our-fave-fall-color-combo-Navy--neon.aspx

Meghan D.

by spazzygirI on 9/29/2012 11:55:58 PM

i don't really like any of them

by opptop on 9/27/2012 10:07:55 PM

I would totally wear "Pretty perfect" "Lovely in lace" or "Tiered teal" Smile I look good in dresses when it's short in the front and long in the back.

by YouCanCallMeCat on 9/27/2012 8:03:41 PM

No body goes to our homecoming dances

by ljbdaisy on 9/26/2012 3:55:02 PM

Mod*Mod*Mod
Please help me! My homecoming dance is early October, and I have been super excited about finding my perfect dress, doing my hair, my makeup, etc. But I was talking to my friend, K who told me that it's carnival themed, at that no one will probably dress up. At first, I freaked (I had been waiting for this forever!) but then I realized that my farewell dance last year (8th grade graduation dance) had also been carnival themed and we still dressed up super fancy. Do you think that people will dress up? K thinks that everyone will wear their homecoming game shirts (which I didn't get because I was sick when they sold them...Ugh). I'm not sure because K is on the student council which makes me thnk she would know, but I don't think the upperclassmen girls and most girls in my grade would want to give up their fancy dresses and heels. How do you think people will dress? My school isn't very good at imforming us freshmen about anything... lol. Thanks in advance!

Hey girl, yes, I do think people will dress up. It's homecoming, not a casual dance. I think people will wear heels and dresses like usual. It's definitely evening attire! You could go for a shorter, less fancy dress and then dress it up with accessories if you're on the fence. The theme of the dance usually just dictates decorations, not dress code.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by rosietoes4ever on 9/24/2012 6:38:55 PM

help! we have a dance at our school but its right after and we are not aloud to change out of our regular day clothes. how can i dress nice for the dance but not too fancy for school?
P.S. it is super hot in the gym

by girl on fire on 9/24/2012 4:57:46 PM

Cute dresses! Is homecoming first year of high-school?

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 9/24/2012 2:02:14 PM