11 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

14 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

15 HOURS AGO Join the GL gram fam and follow us on Insta for pretty pix and behind-the-scenes snaps: http://t.co/Umf3MGtn7Y

COMMENTS

Work out your way

Not everyone can get out there and run 10 miles by themselves, but not everyone works well on a soccer team, either. So find out what type...

Mod!
I just joined a basketball team with my two good friends. I'm excited, but I'm also worried about how I'm gonna do this. I'm not tall, actually I'm pretty short: 5"2 and I'm 12. My two friends are towering over me so I always feel short. Should I drop out? Is basketball about height? What positions can a short person play?
-Shortie

Hey WashingtonGirlie13, basketball is most definitely not about height. You can play any position as long as you're dedicated. There are soo many short players in the WNBA and NBA. Just practice and you're good to go. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by WashingtonGirlie13 on 11/8/2012 8:07:56 PM

Hey, guys, I just started a club about health, fitness, and sports. I''ll answer anything, and not just about sports. So if your an athlete, or just a girl needing advice, definitely come check out my club!;)

by grace1089 on 11/3/2012 11:48:27 PM

MODMODMODMOD
A couple weeks ago, I played a soccer game, but the other team sort of had an unfair advantage. Their youngest player was older than my team's oldest. We won, but something happened in the middle of the game. I'm an outside mid, but one of the other team's forwards broke through our defense. I ran back to help, and he was just about to shoot the ball into the goal so I slidetackled the ball at his feet. He tripped, and I landed on my back weird, like right in the middle of my spine. At first I thought I was really hurt, because I couldn't breathe or feel my legs. The ref asked if I was okay, and I said I was fine continued the game, figuring I had just knocked the breath out of myself. But ever since then, my back hurts, and I'm having trouble breathing when I run, which is an issue because I play cross country and soccer. Why is this happening? Will it stop? Do I need to go to a doctor? Or am I just really sore? The game was about a week and a half ago.

Hey girl! That sounds like it could be serious, and if I were you I would go to the doctor asap. Always take back injuries seriously, they're a big deal! feel better, chica.

xoxo

Katie L.

by grace1089 on 10/31/2012 3:27:45 PM

MOD
This saturday is a halloween party and I'm going to be a genie. How can I beat bloat and have my stomach appear thinner by then?

Hey girlie, make sure that you're drinking lots of water and avoid salty foods this week. The water will help cleanse your body and salt makes you bloat.

Lauren T.

by fired up on 10/21/2012 5:25:30 PM

*MOD MOD MOD*
I am pretty much new to the world of workouts that aren't team sports and i was wondering what exercise you are supposed to do each week. Are you supposed to do 3 days of an hour+ of cardio and 2 days of flexibility? or...?
Thanks in Advance!

Hey girlie, do some research on workouts and what you want to accomplish with them, and determine your schedule from there. Cardio is great to improve your endurance, and it's good for your heart. Weight workouts will help you to build muscle, and muscle burns more calories than fat, which could result in some fat loss. And flexibility workouts will help stretch out your muscles to make cardio workouts easier for you.

Lauren T.

by gracezoom144 on 10/14/2012 7:09:28 PM

@meghan D about last post: i am home schooled DD: what should i do now?

by popgirl79 on 10/13/2012 8:13:55 PM

i want to run this 5k but my mom says i have weak ankles how do i get them strong so my mom will let me run?

Hey girl,

I would ask your gym teacher to show you some exercises that will help you build ankle strength. You can also buy sneakers that are designed for ankle support. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by popgirl79 on 10/12/2012 7:44:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi, im a freshman and i had to go for my annual physical yesterday and of course the did my height and weight, and when they did the results and everything and they said i was 5 foot flat and 129lbs and that that i was classified as overweight, but they said i also had a "large build." i was already uncomfortable with my body, and now i'm even more uncomfortable, i keep finding myself trying to avoid food. what should i do? thank you for everything.

Hey girl,

If they told you that you were overweight, they should have given you a few pointers about staying healthy! The best way to lose weight is not to avoid food, so you should definitely make sure you are getting enough food and nutrients from fruits and veggies. It's normal to be uncomfortable about your body, especially if you are told by a doctor that you're overweight, but you're taking the initiative to be healthier, which is great, and you should be happy with yourself for that! Talk to your parents about how you can eat more healthily, and develop an exercise plan that gets you active regularly.

Meghan D.

by klbugg97 on 10/12/2012 7:29:38 PM

Gotta love cross country! It is such a great sport!

by splendiferous22 on 10/9/2012 12:44:16 AM

Gotta love cross country!! I never thought I'd try it before this year, but it's such a great sport because everyone practices together no matter what level you are. XC teams are supportive and caring, and the coaches are amazing. You run your own race and you can go as hard as you want, with so many chances for personal improvement. I love track and field more, but cross country is a great sport. I also love ballet and Jazzercise! Staying in shape is very important.

by splendiferous22 on 10/9/2012 12:42:13 AM

You guys should try a Zombie chase.

by wolfsrule43 on 10/8/2012 8:51:56 PM

MOD!
I'm having a horrable day! My face is breaking out 7 I got ruberbands on my braces and i feel like i'll never be beautiul! I don't know how I can go back to school like this?!

Hey girl, you ARE beautiful. We all have those icky days when we look in the mirror and it's like sigh (sometimes they're linked with PMS — super no fun!), "this is wrong, this is wrong." The key is to shake yourself out of it. For every negative comment you make, force yourself to give yourself two compliments on features you do like. Then go to school, be you and shine on the inside and it'll radiate out!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by wxyz22 on 10/8/2012 5:10:30 PM

About the Columbus day poll...I live in Maryland and don't have a day off today. Do people really have a day off of school?!?? Lucky :p

by sweetie99 on 10/8/2012 5:05:37 PM

I like cheerleading and tumbling classes!

by heather99 on 10/8/2012 4:50:48 PM

Hey girl, we are SO, so sorry to hear that. I've forwarded your comment on to an editor, and it should be taken care of ASAP. Hang in there! xoxo
Alyssa B.

by cerenajade on 10/8/2012 4:26:41 PM

Hiya! I was wondering if you had any ideas of what I could be for Halloween. I'm 13 with long blondish-brown hair. Any ideas? thanks!

Here are a few ideas...

- A hippie (since you have long hair)

- A celebrity: Taylor Swift, Avril Lavigne, Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, ect.

-Cowgirl (2 braids)

- An angel

-baby from spice girls (your friends can be the other characters)

mailyse f.

by dancer4life<3! on 10/8/2012 2:36:39 PM

hey please check out my advice queen page i can answer anything and will get back to you within a day or 2 mailyse f.

by jadarocks2401 on 10/8/2012 2:06:41 PM

Running workouts are my faves.

by otter77 on 10/8/2012 11:49:09 AM