12 HOURS AGO Don't miss all the fun at Fash Bash 2014! Click here to RSVP: http://t.co/hxOEzrhlmp

16 HOURS AGO 6 ways to revamp your fresh veggies: http://t.co/uVLIaiXDOB

16 HOURS AGO The trick to beating body envy: http://t.co/e3zU4Mbgnb

COMMENTS

6 things he says (and what they really mean)

We have all been there, sitting with your BFF on the couch, dissecting every word your crush has said. Simple phrases and sentences could mean just about...

MOD
I've liked this guy alot for as long as i've known him (6yrs) and he found out 3 yrs ago and said he just wanted to b friends. Now we flirt alot but this new girl likes him and knows I like him (I think) and shes a little mean. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

Hey girl, funny how things can change with friends, huh? I think with this guy it can be tricky. Looks like things are changing, right? I'd stay the course for now but know if it stays a friendship, that's good, too. You've got three years to back that it works. As for this new girl, try to ignore her. Her negative traits will speak for themselves. I wouldn't try to get even. Just be polite and take the high road — your guy friend will be able to see through the mask.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Cola on 10/22/2012 5:43:14 PM

MOD
I like this one guy, but whenever i talk to him, its about homework or something else that doesnt seem flirty. Ajy ideas on how to get his attention without being too pushy and obvious for other people? Thanks!!! Xoxo

Hey girl,

If you are already talking to him, that's a great start--if you keep hanging out as friends and having casual conversations, it will become easier to talk about other stuff and be a little flirtier, too. Check out our ice breakers section for tons of great ideas on being a little flirty without being too obvious! http://www.girlslife.com/category/ice-breakers.aspx

Meghan D.

by lilitzygurl:) on 10/20/2012 11:15:14 PM

MOD
Theres a guy in a lot of my classes and he's realy sweet and funny, but last year we sat together and he acted like my best friend, but now we switched seats, so he's across the room from me and acts like i dont exist anymore. One of my friends had the exact same thing happen to her. I want to ask for his number, just so we can chat sometimes. Im not on any social networking, since my parents wont let me. I want to ask for his number without seeming to desparate or pushy. Im really shy, too, and i usually dont talk to guys unless they sit next to me or have to do a project with me. Do you have any tips on how i can ask?

Hey girl,

If you're in the same class, it won't be too desperate to ask for his number--you can ask as friends, or to study together! Say you are asking in case you have any questions about the class. Or set up a time to study together and ask for it then! You could also try having more conversations at lunch or after school and then ask for it as friends once you know each other a little better.

Meghan D.

by lilitzygurl:) on 10/20/2012 11:12:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I haven't gotten my period in almost 2 months. I usually get it at the end of the month. I haven't had sex. Is it possible I could be pregnant? Please help i'm really worried.

Hey girl,

It's normal for your period to be irregular at first, and you can't be pregnant without sex, so don't worry! You can talk to your mom or a doc if you're irregular, but it doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about.

Meghan D.

by Redkyffin on 10/19/2012 10:35:43 PM

So there is this boy that I think is really cute and I see him everyday in the library during study hall. What are some cute ways to strike up a conversation.
p.s. I am SUPER shy especially when it comes to guys
Thanks sooo much Smile

Hey girl,

Check out our Ice Breakers channel for TONS of great conversation starters with guys Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/ice-breakers.aspx

Meghan D.

by swimmichicki on 10/19/2012 8:26:40 PM

Mod mod mod
Two things:one how do i get my parents to get me a cell phone. Ive had two before but they are saying im not ready. Help!
Two:i like this guy but ive never even talked to him and i barely know anything about him so how do i start talking to him without it being weird.thanks please post and answer

Hey girl,

If your parents won't let you get one, I would leave it alone for a little while and make a list of legitimate reasons you need one for next time you discuss it. Always be respectful and patient, and they will be more likely to listen to you! As for the boy, check out our Ice Breakers section for TONS of great conversation starters! http://www.girlslife.com/category/ice-breakers.aspx

Meghan D.

by hgrules on 10/19/2012 8:13:41 PM

I like this guy at skool and I think he might like me back. We have two classes together and he always tries to talk to me it's kinda awkward sometimes because we both don't know what to say to each other. We don't really talk that much outside of skool cuz we don't Hav each others numbers. I'm too shy to ask him for his number. How can I get HIM to ask me for my number
Helppp what do I do!

Hey girl,

You don't need to wait for him to ask you, it's okay if you ask him for his number! Just start a casual conversation about school and get to know each other a little, and then it won't be awkward to ask for his number as a friend. If he always tries to talk to you, it shouldn't be hard to talk for a few minutes to get to know each other. Good luck! Smile

Meghan D.

by jbiebergirl74 on 10/19/2012 5:34:31 PM

There are new boy British twins that came to my school yesterday. They are in my grade and my BFF is the only friend they have here because they went to school before. They both love soccer as well as and I want to gett to know them better. Only prob is all the time there is a mob of girls around them... how can I talk to them without that huge mob and not seen like one of those clingy girls? My BFF is gonna help but I want to talk to them myself.
Please & Thanks!

Hey girly, since your bff is already friends with them, you have it easy! Just walk up to them when its just the two boys and your bff chatting and she can introduce you. Or have your bff organize an outing to carve pick and carve pumpkins together or go bowling.

Lauren I.

by HorseGirl2998 on 10/19/2012 12:46:46 PM

So me and my crush sit next to eachother in class and he liked me but two friends asked him if he still does and he said not anymore..anyway he knew i liked him too and its really awkward between us..
But now in class we always just sit there and we don't really talk, and he doesn't say anything either.
How do i get us talking without seeming stupid?? :S I have no clue what to say to him...
Thanks! Smile

Hey girly, what did you two talk about before? just treat him the same way you used to. Chat about school, the class you have together, sports teams, halloween. Ask him if he's had any costume ideas. Just play cool and once you break the ice, things should go back to normal.

Lauren I.

by imblonde5678 on 10/19/2012 12:26:24 PM

I just found out on my crush's Facebook page, someone gave him a rate and who he would look good with. It turns out, they said the girl that my crush asked me if I knew. I think my crush might like her, and I was going to confess to him that I like him tomorrow. Should I not do it, considering he might like someone else? My heart feels like it's broken, literally Frown

Hey girly, this is tricky. If he is into someone else, it might not be the best time to confess that your into him, especially if he's gearing up to ask her out.  Try flirting first and see what comes from your crush and that other girl in the next couple days. That way you can get an idea for how he feels for you from how he reacts to your flirting. If nothing seems to be happening, it might be all clear for you to go ahead and let him know how you feel. I'm sorry your heartsick over your crush's possible crush. Try listening to T swift, popping in a comedy  and hanging with your girls to cheer you up.

Lauren I.