2 HOURS AGO All I want for Christmas is...

3 HOURS AGO Watching @megannicole's new music video #Fever and it's 🔥🔥🔥! Have you seen it ye

4 HOURS AGO TONIGHT! Pretty Little Liars goes #5YearsForward 🙀🙀�

Why cheerleading needs to be considered a sport

From classic teen movie Bring It On to TLC’s Cheer Perfection to the real-life triumphs of cheerleaders like world record-breaking back handspringer Miranda Ferguson, there’s no doubt in...

What about dance? Shouldnt it be a sport too? Im a dancer and we work just as hard.

by pariskitty11 on 10/29/2012 7:34:48 PM

Cheer is a sport. I've been cheering for 6 years now and I'm the captain of my squad. Cheer is 100% a sport. You jump, you tumble, you have to place your motions perfectly, you have to have a loud voice. And you have to do it all with a perfect smile. It isn't something just anyone can do. When people say it isn't, it makes me soooo mad. I'd like to see them do half of what we do.

by abbz13 on 10/29/2012 6:58:03 PM

I dont think saying stuff, holding pom-poms, and lifting up your friends is a sport. Seems more like a hangout to me. Def not a sport!

by averya on 10/29/2012 6:40:19 PM

I have never seen the cheerleaders at my school do anything potentially dangerous. They mainly just yell and stuff. Now, if they actually were to do something impressive, then maybe I'd be on board. But I have never seen them do anything athletic at all.

by Fly1213 on 10/29/2012 6:35:57 PM

definatly. cheer leading is amazing and hard, but when your good at it, it looks amazing!

by sammyy99 on 10/29/2012 6:10:39 PM

P.S. The reason we don't have very many injuries: You don't do something unless you know you won't get hurt! Probably 99% of injuries are freak accidents!

by JustluvAriana on 10/29/2012 6:05:54 PM

you cant consider all cheerleading a sport. competitive where you tumble is a different story. so, NO

by ayyjayy22 on 10/29/2012 6:05:17 PM

In 5th grade I wrote a 3 page paper about this! I convinced everyone in my class, even the people that hate me had to admit I made a good point. I'm a competitive cheerleader and it is HARD WORK! ♥

by JustluvAriana on 10/29/2012 6:03:27 PM

umm what about that stupid controversy about if dance is a spot (which it totally is)...?

by kellebelle99 on 10/29/2012 5:48:44 PM

Does that make dance a sport too?

by April0405 on 10/29/2012 5:27:20 PM

Have a huge test today? Sneak some gum to chew during class. It will help relieve stress and boost brainpower.
What do you do to study?

You can go deaf from cranking up the headphones on your iPod.

Dazzle this season with decorations from Duck Tape!