1 HOURS AGO RT @kelliberglund: So this insane basket of candy from @girlslifemag will be the death of me 🍭🍉 is this a good or bad thing..? http://t.cpic.twitter.com/JZOK8EZ3IB/…

2 HOURS AGO So you have an online crush—now what? http://t.co/eBmMKqi04G

5 HOURS AGO Rock earrings—without the piercing part: http://t.co/rbL8f0elte

COMMENTS

Save your spirals! The curly girls guide to perfect hair--part 2

Got curls? No need to agonize over how to get your spirals perfectly springy or be totally envious of girls with stick-straight strands. With our fab hair...

Hey ya all! Violet14 just started a new Advice Queen page all about beauty, frienships, health/fitness, and an even better you! I would LOVE to here from you and can't wait to help! Smile
love,
Violet 14, Advice Queen

by violet14 on 6/18/2013 4:53:49 PM

mod mod mod We African- American girls need advice too.

Hey girlie,

Meghan D.

by totallylovinbeinagirl on 5/18/2013 10:03:29 PM

Try some design essentials with wet hair.

by Quoyahkai on 5/3/2013 10:32:51 PM

Hi, everybody! It is Madison and I want you to come check out my club: Her Hair!and all of the positions (except president) are open! Thank you! <3

by MadisonRL on 4/9/2013 5:50:50 PM

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP i have a school dance in a week and my hair is just all one big know. If i dont brush it one day or miss a spot this is how it gets. How do i get it out of this knot and keep it out of this knot. I keep it in a ponytail at school. When i try t redo it if i let go it stys in a ponytail

by amk9b1 on 4/8/2013 8:50:58 PM

I love this article. I have realy curly, thick hair. Now I deep condition it once a week and use a leave-in conditioner after washing it every other day. It works great !

by DancerGirl977 on 4/6/2013 12:54:33 PM

mod mod mod is there a way that you can straighten hair with out using heat?

Hey Babe, you can use a variety of serums, conditioners, and anti frizz sprays to keep your hair straight.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by 2cute03 on 3/21/2013 11:11:20 AM

I LOVE THIS POST CUZ I HAVE REALLY CURLY HAIR ! ! !

by ralinia on 3/18/2013 4:57:21 PM

I HAVE REALLY THICK, CURLY HAIR BUT IT'S ONLY ABOUT SHOULDER LENGTH, SO I CAN'T PULL IT BACK INTO A HIGH PONY. I TRIED USING A SATIN PILLOW CASE AND CAN'T SLEEP WITH ONE. WHAT SHOULD I DO? ALSO WHERE IS A GOOD PLACE TO FIND A INEXPENSIVE, BUT QUALITY HAIR DRYER WITH A DIFFUSER? THX

Hey EDicted_Claire, try sleeping with a satin bonnet on to protect your hair. I have one and they stay secure while you're sleeping. Try Target for an inexpensive one. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by EDicted_Claire on 3/15/2013 6:47:15 PM

Thx these articles have really helped me 'cause i have extremely curly and thick hair!!!Thx again,love you guys!!!

by pinterest on 2/21/2013 7:56:43 PM

To Himasri,
Yes, their is another way to get gorge curls without drying em' out.Try a serum that is supposed to make your hair curly.Try AVEDA's line of curling cream's.Hope this helps,
xoxo

by pinterest on 2/21/2013 7:55:21 PM

Is there any way to straighten hair without using heat? My hair gets ruined every time I straighten it.

by Himasri on 2/10/2013 5:45:36 PM

Dear MOD,
I have long(a couple inches past my shoulder blades, I think) and I feel like my hair is unhealthy... I have taken many quizzes to see if my hair is healthy and they all say YES! I don't use heat, brushes (I use a wide tooth comb), or color on my hair, but it seems unhealthy. I get it trimmed regularly, too. Why would I think my hair is unhealthy when it is not? All my friends who care about hair love it! Thank you! You response is appreciated!
Sincerely,
Healthy hair?

Hey girlie,

Why do you think your hair is unhealthy? If you have a flaky scalp or frizz, you can easily fix those with special shampoos. If you wash your hair daily, it can also be bad for your hair so if you have to wash in between shampoos, try dry shampoo. Other than that it sounds like you are taking care of your hair!

Meghan D.

by MadisonRL on 2/4/2013 6:42:21 PM

MOD
hey is there a reason why my hair isn't the same all over my head? like right by my face its really curly, and then on the bottom its kinda wavy, but on the top its stick straight. Its kind of impossible to manage, and I don't want to straighten it every day, so its just always in a pony. Any ideas on why its lke hits/ cute hair ideas for my hair? ps---its down to like my lower back)

Hey actress12345, mhmm maybe it's due to the way you sleep. Do you sleep on your sides or back? Try washing with a straightening shampoo and see if that helps. Hit up the hair aisle in CVS, Rite-Aid,

Wal-Mart, or Target and check out some brands. Hope that works for ya! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by actress12345 on 1/18/2013 5:20:13 PM

Mod MOD MOD!!!
So I have curly/wavy (S curls) hair, and it's about two inches past my shoulders (when dry)! Also my hair is like really thick (those little elastics can hold my hair in a loose ponytail without twisting it around..)! And I am contemplating on growing it out or cutting it a bit shorter (little bit past shoulders). It's kind of triangly..like I have face framing and the back is all one length (layers would just make it more voluminess). Do you have any ideas on hair cuts?
Also do you have any styling tips--I use product but I mean like more than headbands and side braids (I can't do any other kind of braid...), pony tails and buns? Half up makes my hair look even triangularer! Any tips?
Also I have a dance coming up (highschool), any ideas on how I should get my hair done?

Hey girlie,

I would go to a hair salon and ask them what cut and dance hairstyle would be best for your face since they will be able to see your hair and face shape in person. As for hair styles, check out our hair styles channel for tons of hair tips! http://www.girlslife.com/category/hair-styles.aspx

Meghan D.

by LLL328 on 1/14/2013 6:56:52 PM

i have very very straight hair. i don't have much left (i'm not bald or have bald spots or anything) because last year i got a medicine similar to chemotherapy but not via intravenous line so my hair is super super fine. i refuse to put my hair up, i just don't like it. i have side swept bangs. i would like to see some tips for girls with straight hair. could you give me some please?? (or suggest that an article be written about it?)thanks !

Hey girlie, try using a bobby pin or cute clip to pin some of your hair back to the side. Headbands are also a great way to accessorize and do something different to your hair without putting it up.

Lauren T.

by alindgren on 1/13/2013 8:13:26 PM

How do I get to know a guy better? I don't have any classes with him, and I don't know much about him. He's been saying hi to me lately though in the halls and I just want to get to know him better! I'm a freshman! There's a dance (girls ask guys) coming up in less than a month, so possibly I could ask him if I get to know him better! We also do not have lunch together. But I do have lunch with another guy I kind of like...Any tips?

Hey girlie, keep saying hi to him in the hallway. Smile and wave. If you give him clues that you're interested, hopefully he'll start finding ways to talk to you.

Lauren T.

by LLL328 on 1/13/2013 7:44:57 PM

Mod mod mod
What are some easy hair styles for a school day? My hair is mid-length and brown. Thanks!

Hey girlie, you can pull your hair back into a low ponytail or bun. You can use a headband. You can use a cute clip to pull back some of your hair in a half ponytail type style. You could also braid it. There are lots of fun and easy things you can do with your hair.

Lauren T.

by yolo3737 on 1/13/2013 6:25:43 PM

MODMODMOD!!!
My teacher is making me completely stressed out. She gives my class like 6 huge assignments in one day and expects us to be able to finish them for the next day. It's even worse on weekends. Because of this, I have no free time, no time to study for tests, and my band teacher told me that if I don't find any time to practice my instrument my average is going to be lowered to a 53%. I've tried talking to her, but she told me that I'm not working hard enough and that she gives my class way too much time. I'm totally exhausted from all this homework. What should I do????

Hey girl, I think you should talk to your parents and your teacher who is giving you too much homework. Maybe that teacher can give you extra help. Or if she's not responsive to you, maybe you can have your parents meet with your teacher. Don't worry girl, you'll figure it all out. Life is about finding balance. You'll get it. Smile

lauren r.

by gingerpuff on 1/13/2013 11:01:33 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I wasn't able to go to a mutual friends slumber party for her birthday. Me and my "bestie" have been in this awkward stage where were not really talking or hanging out. When I woke up and looked at my oovoo is said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BESTIE!" I don't mind that she has other besties, but she is constantly busting on this girl or talking bout her. Im afraid she could be doing this about me. Also, she says that I always hang out with a certain friend I don't get it because when I hang with her and her group she ignores me but when I don't she has a fit. Help whats going on?

Hey girl, I would suggest talking to her about it. Ask her what's going on just making sure everything is okay between you two.

lauren r.

by zebranista<3 on 1/13/2013 8:55:50 AM

MOD. MOD. MOD. MOD.
Okay so slight problem. I have this guy friend and we are super close. Today he told me that he had some news but my girlfriend would have to tell me. She told me and it turns out the he got a girl pregnant recently. I feel heart broken because I used to have feelings for him and still do less intense and he couldn't tell me himself. I have so many questions. Like why didn't he tell me himself? And what should I say to him because as of recently I have become very emotional about this and refuse to talk to him. Can you please touch all the bases and tell me what to do because I'm at a loss.

Hey girl,

I can only imagine what your friend must be going through and your hurt at finding out secondhand. If he doesn't know you had feelings for him and you never dated him, though, he might not realize that having her tell you hurt your feelings. He's probably just going through a lot right now and thought it would be easier for you to hear from a girl. Even though it hurt your feelings, your friend is probably really confused right now and could probably use the support of his friends, so try being supportive of him instead of refusing to talk to him. Just be there for him when he needs a friend. And please encourage him to speak with a trusted adult like a parent, guidance counselor, teacher or doctor about what he's going through. You can also refer him to this post on teen pregnancy resources to share with the girl. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/18/Teen-Pregnancy-Resources.aspx?cp=all

Meghan D.

by dunguen1 on 1/13/2013 12:41:57 AM

My hair doesn't curl! It's curly, but it can get straight spots every once in a while, and when it does, they're in the front and really obvious. The big problem is that they won't curl with a curling iron, they straighten even more. Because of this I have to take a shower every morning and wash my hair every morning. How can I get it to curl? (Hair spray doesn't help, trust me I know all the tricks)

Hey girlie,

If taking a shower helps your curls but washing every day is taking its toll on your hair, maybe you could just get your hair wet and then style it, even if you don't shampoo it. You could also try putting a curling product in it to help form its natural curls. Check out this post for more info on curl maintenance: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/10/29/Calling-all-curly-hair-cuties-Curl-care-101.aspx?cp=all

Meghan D.

by wickedisme on 1/13/2013 12:20:26 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD !!!!
Wear can i get nike socks, the long ones that guys wear?

Hey girlie,

I would try a sporting store like Dick's or Omega Sports.

Meghan D.

by nazirah817 on 1/12/2013 9:44:03 PM

Follow me on polyvore @loveshoes817 and i will follow you back <3

by nazirah817 on 1/12/2013 4:16:49 PM

Join It's all about Fashion and Beauty!!! ALlof the positions are open excet for vpIf you are an officer you will ahve to post at least 3 times a week even more if possible!!! There will be a Tip of the Day and an Outfit of the Day,well everyday!!!! If you want to be an officer just go to my profile or the club page and the application is right there!!! Can't wait to see you on It's all about Fashion and Beauty!!!

by nazirah817 on 1/12/2013 4:03:14 PM

Join Style Spy, it is a great club with great advice!!!!

by nazirah817 on 1/12/2013 4:00:41 PM

ModModMod
So I have super curly hair and it's really frizzy. My mom doesn't let me use any leave-in conditioners or anti-frizz products because she says that they're bad for your hair. It annoys me that because of that, I can't wear my hair down and always have to wear it up in a ponytail. How can I convince my mom to let me use leave-in conditioners or anti-frizz products?

hey! The tough truth of being a kid is that you can't get your parental units to do anything. You can however, try to open a dialogue with her about your feelings. Explain your side to her in a non-whiney, calm manner. Don't interrupt her or get angry even if she interrupts you or gets angry. That's unfair, but since she has all the power, it's in your best interest not to antagonize her. As in, you'll be more likely to get what you want if you act really, super mature. If she still says no, accept her decision gracefully. If she sees that you're not going to throw a fit for not getting your way, she'll be more likely to listen next time you want something. good luck!

Helen S.

by arcusashue on 1/12/2013 3:10:19 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I don't want to have any sad songs on my iPod, what are some really upbeat songs? I like Va Va Voom, Beauty and a Beat, etc. You know song like that?

You should listen to Queen songs like "don't stop me now" also Mika has a lot of good upbeat songs like "love today" good luck!

Helen S.